Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55

+5
Oxocube
Filthy Fredo
CancerManXIII
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Oxocube

Oxocube

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 3 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

Hey phantom i pmed you some more images i was wondering if you could maybe incorporate into the design now that i see youve started this or if not sonething similar atleast for the style.
Eitherway cant wait to see what you can do with this but no hurry

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 3 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)

@phantom, yeah that's the one. Might be basic for the masters, but for the young ones. It's straight mind blowing.lol It's cool to know, that mason is still, in the creating business.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 3 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Oxocube wrote:Hey phantom i pmed you some more images i was wondering if you could maybe incorporate into the design now that i see youve started this or if not sonething similar atleast for the style.
Eitherway cant wait to see what you can do with this but no hurry

hey man, yeah i got them. We can definitely use both of them. I actually have a 3rd image in similar style to the 2nd neon one I could implement aswell. Once the distancing and frames are all calculated properly really any image can be used. 80% of the hard stuff is just creating the correct values for movement and camera and perspective.

GRAYFOX wrote:@phantom, yeah that's the one. Might be basic for the masters, but for the young ones. It's straight mind blowing.lol It's cool to know, that mason is still, in the creating business.

He's not really that active anymore afaik unless you heard otherwise, plus the language barrier hence he doesn't really do the english discord/forum thing, but i talk to him now and then - we do have quite a few unreleased collabs that need finishing touches i need to hit him up on tho.

Anyway back to business.
So I've decided that we will use animated parallax for this one.
To do that, we will be using the Delta/Width Parallax method as opposed to the scale/xscale method.

The tricky part is creating the correct perspective for the max "DISTANCE" of the parallax and avoid shearing.
In dumb dumb terms, making the floor delta create the illusion that the edge of the floor is in the far far distance without the shapes
of the floor get too distorted.
The larger the parallax, in this method, the larger the distortion. So Squares begin to look like rectangles.
Which means you have to know some little tricks of the trade to force the correct scale.
But before that, we need to atleast get the distancing and floor perspective right.
To do that, we will use a basic grid - this will not be the final sprites used. It is just for planning and building purposes.

Here you can see that the edge of the floor is too high, it is ad the edge of where the chars heads are.
For our deep parallax, we want it lower, to around the mid section of the character like so:

Much better. But now we need to correct the floo tile issue - the squares are looking too rectangular due to shearing, also the deltas are not correct because the floor is sliding below their feet. This is where the awful algebra and maths comes in lol.
Back to the mountain temple.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GRAYFOX likes this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 3 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

See what your working with. I know this will be a easier operation, once the correct digits are imputed. Would be cool if mason, would complete the unreleased collaboration.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 3 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

I agree. He was the best there ever was imo. I owe alot to him.

Alright......
We have success.
After many decimals and hell maths, we have finished calculating parallax finally.

Turns out the golden number was 0.2083424518.....
I'm pretty confident that there is 0.000003% sliding going on with this uber wide parallax.

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

That thing looks golden man, yeah that's the number no sliding I can see. It's only two lovers playing tag.lol Looks like a star in the far back ground, or maybe my eyes tripping.lol This shaping to be another trill ride of a stage. Have not seen, a new fresh training stage in a while. Now for the decorations. Twisted Evil

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

haha nah that's just my mouse lmao.

Yes indeed now we are ready to begin the next phase - the aesthetics.

Obviously the floor sprites you see were just a test pattern - the actual style and theme of this training stage will be an integral part of the overall screenpack and it will tell a story that goes with the lore and theme of B.A.T.T.L.E cry.

Oxo has provided me some stock footage he would like implemented and I also have similar/better resources I want to use, and he will be happy with how I gel it all together to suit what he wants but also makew it integral to this Screenpack.

The idea I am going to go for is as follows:

As we know, BATTLE CRY is an acronym for "Bio.Augmented.Tactical.Technology.Life-form.Enhancement.CRYOgenesis".

The Japanese translation used in the logo 鬨:神罰 TOKI: TENBATSU - War Cry: divine punishment
combined with the ancient/cyber futuristic winged blade/monolith weapon on its side, represents some ancient weapon technology that once fell from the heavens to earth.

In may myths and legends from the Greeks, Hindus, Assyrians, Mayans, Egyptians, Chinese Taoists, Tibetan Buddhism and many more, have always mentioned Gods and powerful ancient weapons and technology that were used in holy wars and martial arts of ancient times.

The Trident, The Vajra, Excalibur, and many more from many cultures we can read of here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
These are lost weapons buried somewhere - hence CRYO represents them being in a sleep state, and Genesis, representing their reawakening.

So what if, somehow the Capcom/SNK/insertfighting game franchise character multiverses encountered this technology, and began to utilize it and/or are enhanced by it? That would be the Bio-Augmented Tactical Technology enhancements they recieve.

Will using it be good, or evil? will there be a price to pay?
(there may even be some original secret Cry-themed Boss edit chars I draw form my treasure chest to use in the promo videos when we showcase this stuff lol)
So Battlecry will be themed around the fusion of ancient gods and futuristic technology.
So this training stage will represent that in its design.
The challenge is to fuse the hi-tech look with ancient chinese/Japanese mythology and religious symbols to create something epic and truly unique not done before.
So that is the direction.
Then once the stage is complete, that will set the momentum and aesthetic for the lifebars and fight.def/fx related stuff.
And then naturally those 2 elements will set the theme for the actual SP menu screens etc.
There is a method to my madness of designing the longest/most technical stuff first then working backwards GT KERMIT  

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Oh snap man, this sounds incredible. I digg it, the story reminds me of event horizons for the PS4/PS5.lol I see what your aiming at, never word the process backwards. So this is knew to me, I'm a little kid in a candy shop. Willie wonker type shenanigans stuff going on here.lol

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 3 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

That parallax is flawless.
The ominous BGM sounds like a forewarning of the seizures coming our way haha

The story stuff sounds interesting but what weeds are you smoking for the ideas haha

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Filthy Fredo wrote:That parallax is flawless.

When you think its perfect, tell yourself it sucks and always try even harder.
wasn't happy with the depth.
Went and recalculated it to make it even deeper and further away.
Also because I need it extremely far away to create the illusion i am going for this Oxo's stock images

There we go, much deeper.

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Man that's a pretty good depth there. When you the cosmetics, it's definitely going to look even more beastly. Almost, in a way reminds me of the mvc training stage floor, except with more depth.lol Looking smooth man.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Alrighty. I'm back in the lab now for the next few hours.
This will be my last stretch before the weekend then we resume on monday.
So, wanna get some good progress in.
The next part I need to do is create the PSD layer template so I don't need to do anymore axis calculations.
The trick is that, because the hardest part which is parallax is already done, now all i have to do is create the PSD template for the eye candy placement.
Once I have the template, I can easily import export btween mmedia suites for the animation and coloring etc.
So here we go......hammer tiiime.

Also on a side note I have another great announcement - we received additional crowd funding via donations for this project from one of our long time forum supporters, Lunalcard55!

Thanks so much to him!
Thanks to his support, thats a whole lot of extra time and work thats going to be going into this bad boy to make it even better for the select few of you getting these goodies when done lol

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Sounds like a plan man, and more crowd funding huh. Well he better, has some butter for all this 🍿. Because the show is about to get started.lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

alrighty....your probably wondering hm,mmmmm what the hell is this huge ugly thing for?...

Lets find out.....

Last edited by Phant0mD on Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

👀👀👀

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Think of it as our "action localcoord space map".
Each square represents the unzoomed 720p single screen scene of the stage.
The upper yellow portion is the overhead portion that generally you never see in S-Jump stages but with certain moves of flying chars or extreme zooming you will.
Because this is a trainin stage we need exaggerated values to suit all character types.
Be it MVC SJump chars, or JUS chars, or even crazy Tohou flying shooting chars lmao.
THis map allows us to plan each individual scene in the stage and also calculate the bounds and other things later as we add them.
It will also give you a realistic idea just how BIG this stage is.
Watch:

So in summary, NOW our template is truly complete.
Now we have all our bounds and zoom delta and parallax calculations done perfectly!
We have A training stage that is 7 screens long (8960 pixels), and 2.5 screens high (1800 pixels).
With a zoomout of 0.5 (zooms out to 50% original zoomed in size).
Of course I can make it anything i want like those crazy JUS 0.25 zoom stages but there really is no practical purpose to doing that for actual fighting games since no conventional characters that WE use have that kind of zoning capabilities, plus its just a gimmick at that point lol

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I see that’s some kind of a, very wide scale. Only can imagine, what the details of the designs Will appear like. Now seeing it starting, to come to life. I like a good old, simple 2d sprites with some smooth custom hit-sparks.lol This will be fun once, it’s in full motion.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

indeed. Well now that concludes the end of the stage template setup phase.
Now we enter the next phase on Monday when I return - the stage aesthetics.
I know this is the part you've been waiting for now the nerd stuff has been sorted.
I'm pretty hype - as this is the part where we go a lil crazy on the designs  GT KERMIT

I've updated the progress tracker on page 1 to note we are in phase 004 now.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Sounds like a plan man, have a good one. Enjoy your weekend, look forward to the craziness to come.lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Alright.
Back to the lab in a few hours.
Ive managed to scrape together the resources needed for the aesthetics so the next thing will be creating and calculating the loop timings for everyones 2nd most hated part of stage creation - BGCTRLs lol.

We need bgctrls to control the transitions between the stage transformations.
While its easy to add them for static objects, animation sequences like fades etc are a bit more tricky. Nevertheless it must be done lol

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Lights cameras action, roll the thing.lol Sounds like a an man. Let's see what the good doctor cooks up.lll

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hmmm I wonder whats going on here..... Mad science Things are happening in the temple...
mORE ABOUT THAT LATER.

Meanwhile ive been grinding away on the layered floow transitions and animations.
Also experimenting with coloring.
There is alot more still to add to the floor, like the more detailed anims, but the basic jist of the theme is hidden in there.
Went for the semi-MGS look (since I know both you ladz want the tech stuff haha).
All good so far.
There will be more layers over these to give a "solid" look if I can put it that way.

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I see the street fighter ex, reference there, with those two snakes. Hmmm, I wonder what could be possibly happening here. Also, the training floor is looking very promising man. I like that fade out transaction. Looking forward to seeing, what else you add on to it. You cooking with so serious fire here.lol

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I can see the light, it's getting a little bright now.lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

This is just the beginning....

Im working on the deltas for the ajoining layers of floor atm.
I have work holidays thursday friday so will be able to get extra hours in too.
Also if you notice, the colors and theme is staying consistent with the logo.

GRAYFOX likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum