Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55

+5
Oxocube
Filthy Fredo
CancerManXIII
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 2 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

time to get more technical. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] this gonna take awhile lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GRAYFOX likes this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Oh boo, I see gears turning or something maybe.lol Fire is lit, like crazy man. What are you doing, Houston we have lift off.lol In all seriousness, everything from start to finish makes me feel like I have a million bucks man. Just crazy stuff going on, around here.lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Almost appears as, to look like a rail gun. I see electricity charges up, and boom.lol Just to crazy for words.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 2 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

There. Much better. 3 hours later:

This is starting to get very close now. Im going to go stare at it on my 95" YV while i drink my pre-gym coffee and smoke a spliff lol. This is how i check for errors and think of what im going to do next.
The small text and "retribution" is the last thing i need to fine tune. The way ive designed this and layered it is to allow for when its animated in the relevant screens. Lighting etc.
The blade and rail gun resources that i used will also be incorporated into the SP design of course. But this is why the logo has to come first because it sets the mood for everything else.
Get it wrong and the whole thing will suck. Very important.
We getting closer to nailing this

GRAYFOX likes this post

Oxocube

Oxocube

[COMPLETED COMMISSION][Mugen 1.1][720p Open GL] BATTLECRY: Retribution SP Project: Logo/Advanced Training Stage For GrayFox/BIGBOSS/Oxocube/Lunalcard55 - Page 2 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

your reputation proceeds you man you guys are the real deal.
That logo looks so cyberpunk futuristic its amazing guys.
I cant wait to see what you plan on doing with my stage but if the logo is anything to go by, Im fully confident its going to be amazing

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Man this is the best logo, I have seen thus far. Since I be in the game, no cap.lol When you turn on the animation, it’s going to be even more crazier. It’s balance and sharp, as a knew hunting knife.Looking so smooth, yes it’s really starting to pan out.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

@oxo, yeah your training stage is going to blow your mind. Just give it time, and you will need a cup of that tea. To chill your eyes, of what you see.lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Alright lads.
3 hours of fiddling later, and I'm finally back from tha mountain temple.
I think I'm happy to say, that this logo is officially done. I don't think there will be any more changes.

Final updates:

- added new mech wings to the cyber obelisk blade
- Added universal lighting/lens flares to main text, cyber-dragon, and blade
- Added different style glowing lettering to the B.A.T.T.L.E to further emphasize the acronym
- Recreated the RETRIBUTION text and outlining & added new steel effects

So there we go. Logo is now complete.
The animation for the logo/intro.sff/def will be done after we have completed the next 2 priority phases of this project.
They are also 2 of the most time consuming and technical aspects of the project.
The Training stage, and the Fight.def.
I will be updating the main description for this project on Page01 to show our progress, and also show our overall project completion status.
Now, we are ready to move on to the 2nd project phase....

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Have to say, whatever part of the mountain that Temple is located at. Send me the map, I need to a take trip or two. Every chance I get, because this is getting out of hand. To much eye popping candy.lol This is really shaping up to, to be the next great screen pack. You truly went in on the logo, wow. That training stage is going to blow minds, as well.  study Twisted Evil

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

There is nothing in the logo that doesnt have some hidden meaning to the theme and message behind the screenpack and game storylines etc. All will be revealed in time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now the first task of phase 2, the training stage, is actually setting up a clean install on Mugen 1.1 with the Add004 engine and 4GB NTCore patch installed (together with my heavily modified Mugen.cfg helper/explod settings so we can really turn things up a notch.

We need add004 for the slowpan camera settings and the additional common1.cns custom stuff that the lifebars need. There are many things you cant do with normal mugen fight.def to the power and lifebars, so thats why we will be using the fightfx.air and .sff with it aswell.
You will remember that, this was how Rednavi and Syn used to modify those extra features in their projects that normal mugen couldnt do.

Now one more very important question that i'm going to ask you before we proceed with this (which I have already asked anyway but Ill ask again just incase lol)
Do you want me to keep the default localcoord/resolution on 720p, or do you want me to crank it right up to 1080p.
I ask because for me creating the sprites etc, there is no real difference - I make everything in 1080p anyway then I end up downsizing it to 720p to export into mugen.
It just means the overall quality is being slightly reduced for the sake of less loading time/RAM resource use.
As you are gonna need an upgraded PC to run this anyway, I thought I may as well ask you the question now before the point of no return.
Going up to 1080p really just means that ideally you would want to be looking for a pc with an upgraded graphics card with ideally 8BG or more video memory.

Something along these lines. The only real important factors for Mugen are your on board RAM (8GB or more is best) and the video Video Card VRAM (8BG or more as i mentioned before)

SOmething like this is perfect and not bad priced (its amodern spec that would perform as good as, or better than a PS% to be honest)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Food for thought. Of course eto me, 720, or 1080 makes no difference - its just up to you what you would prefer

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I can run 1080 on laptop, and 720. I was able to run Hungrywolf and Noz, last entries. Also, presidentDevon screenpacks. So yeah, 1080 is all the better and also makes me eager for a new pc. Thanks for that sales info, Newegg huh. I will definitely hit them up, when the price is right for me.lol Carry on my master Walker.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:I can run 1080 on laptop, and 720. I was able to run Hungrywolf and Noz, last entries.

That tells me all I need to know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well in that case, we do it big all gas no brakes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to the mountain temple to start creating this stage template then. Oxocube wants that deep distant 3d parallax, so thats what its gonna be....this will take a while lol.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Time is the key, and I love it all. Everything is very dope man. You know I still have, that beta stage. The one you sent me, a while back. Don’t know if you need it, or still even have it. Just thinking of cutting the work load, to a mim and not to heavy. Just saying, I need that tea you on. In those mountains.lol

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

No brakes foot to the metal.lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Alright. No eyecandy for this current phase as its all the boring tedious coding/setup stuff lol.

Successfully setup a Fresh Mugen 1.1 Build with add004 engine installed.

Code:
;Game native width and height.
 ;Recommended settings are:
 ;  640x480   Standard definition 4:3
 ; 1280x720   High definition 16:9
 ; 1920x1080  Full HD 16:9
GameWidth = 1920;
GameHeight = 1080;

Added all the buffs for our explods and other char related stuff that we will need later on

Code:
 ;Number of simultaneous afterimage effects allowed.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 1).
AfterImageMax = 100;16

;Maximum number of layered sprites that can be drawn.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 32).
LayeredSpriteMax = 15000;512

;Size of sprite decompression buffer in KB. Increasing this number may help
 ;if you experience slow performance when there are many sprites and/or large
 ;sprites shown over a short period of time.
 ;Minimum 256 for acceptable performance.
 ;If you set this too large you may also experience performance degredation.
SpriteDecompressionBufferSize = 16384

;Maximum number of explods allowed in total. Note that hitsparks
 ;also count as explods.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 8).
ExplodMax = 5000;512

;Maximum number of system explods allowed.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 8).
SysExplodMax = 10000;128

;Maximum number of helpers allowed in total.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 4, maximum 56).
HelperMax = 56

;Maximum number of projectiles allowed per player.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 5).
PlayerProjectileMax = 10000;32

Set up all the OpenGL & screenpack/stage scaling related stuff

Code:
;-------------------------------------------------------
[Video]
 ;Screen rendering mode.
 ;OpenGL - Experimental OpenGL renderer (recommended)
 ;System - default SDL rendering mode (e.g. windib in Windows)
 ;DirectX - DirectX 5 renderer
 ;System and DirectX modes do not support advanced features
 ;such as RGB sprites and window resizing.
RenderMode = OpenGL

;Set to 1 to enable "safe" mode for older graphics cards.
 ;Many features will be disabled.
SafeMode = 0

;The video resolution defaults to the same as the game resolution.
 ;In windowed mode, this specifies the window size.
 ;You can force an alternate resolution by uncommenting the lines
 ;below.
Width  = 1920;2560;3840
Height = 1080;1440;2160

;This is the color depth at which to run MUGEN.
 ;Ignored if RenderMode=System (forced to 16).
Depth = 32

;Set to 1 to enable vertical retrace synchronization.
 ;Only supported for RenderMode=OpenGL.
VRetrace = 0

;Set to 1 to start in fullscreen mode, 0 for windowed.
 ;This enables exclusive fullscreen, which may give better performance
 ;than windowed mode.
FullScreen = 0

;Set to 1 to make the window resizable when in windowed mode.
 ;Only supported for RenderMode=OpenGL and OpenGLScreen.
Resizable = 1

;Set to 0 to stretch the video to fit the whole window.
 ;Set to 1 to keep a fixed aspect ratio.
KeepAspect = 1

;Drawing mode
 ;Choose from Normal (fast) and PageFlip (less image "tearing")
 ;BlitMode is ignored for RenderMode=OpenGL
BlitMode = Normal

;Stage fit mode.
 ;0 - stage drawn to width of screen (may crop stages with tall aspect)
 ;1 - stage shrunk to fit into screen
 ;Ignored if RenderMode=System (forced to 0)
StageFit = 0

;System fit mode.
 ;0 - system drawn to width of screen (may crop motifs with tall aspect)
 ;1 - system shrunk to fit into screen
 ;Ignored if RenderMode=System (forced to 0)
SystemFit = 0

And of course the most important stuff for during our endless testing because I hate waiting between screens lol.
Ideally I will add 4 chars as test subjects to use for all the fight tests, tag tests, and of course portrait template related stuff.

Code:
;-------------------------------------------------------
[Misc]
  ;Number of extra players to cache in memory.
  ;Set to a lower number to decrease memory usage, at cost of
  ;more frequent loading.
PlayerCache = 4

;Set to 1 to allow precaching. Precaching attempts to start loading
  ;player data as early as possible, to reduce apparent loading times
  ;between matches. To get the best performance, set PlayerCache to at
  ;least 1. The optimal number for PlayerCache is 4 when precaching is
  ;enabled.
  ;Precaching is disabled when Rendermode=OpenGL.
Precache = 0

;Set to 1 to enable large-buffer reads of sprite and sound data.
  ;Set to 0 (off) to decrease memory usage, at cost of slower
  ;loading.
BufferedRead = 1

;Set to 1 to free system.def data from memory whenever possible.
  ;This decreases memory usage, in exchange for loading time
  ;before system screens
UnloadSystem = 0

The Mugen.exe has been replaced with the 4GB patched version:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GRAYFOX likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Another tweak.

I have created a custom .exe launcher for this Build.
You will see below, that there are 3 launcher files:

Mugen.exe
Battlecry-r.bat
And
BattleCry-R.exe

BattleCry-R.bat, is the .bat that forces MUGEN.exe to use the custom common.cns and custom fightfx.air files we are using with all the extra features (all the add004 stuff that allows for tag and scores and camera blah blah).

So I have created a new x64bit launcher .EXE file that points to the BAT and also allows for us to add a custom icon for the logo.
The little details  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

YOu don't need to remember any of this.
You only need to remember that you dont use MUGEN.EXE anymore.
You just use BattleCry-R.exe to run it

THE DESKTOP ICON LOL

Aaaaand we are up and running in native 1080p with OpenGL upscaling.
Have patched these 2 chars for the test phase (Because its tradition to use Strider in a Gs project ya know lol).
Now I will move on to Creating and designing the Training stage.
Back to the mountains.
I will be away until Monday on business but will commence spriting etc on my return

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Aww, nice touch man. That's crazy, to see them explodes in double digits.lol I remember, when I was reading one of Syn old custom stages. I said man this is wild, it was his strider custom stage.lol Things are looking good mate, no boring stuff here. It's all needed components. Wish you well, on your business trip. Going to be crazy, seeing the stage being built. From the ground up, to perfection.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

That icon looking like a logo for, a transformer movie. Dino bots new leader.lol looking forward to using your art works, for the ports. They would go great together, well blind in my opinion. Thanks for the break down on, the files. Makes a whole lot of sense.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yo what’s going on here.lol Time is money.lol thawotitizboi

I’m going to need a triple double, with sum extra bling on top.lol Stage going to be juiced. Twisted Evil

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

lol there will be.
Alright. so now for week 2, we commence the 2nd phase.
Tho create this training stage we will not be using the conventional parallax format.
If you are familiar with parallax, you will know that the undisputed Parallax specialist in Mugen is Margatroid.

There are several ways to achieve decent parallax in mugen, and each one has its benefits and downsides.

This is the calculation method that can be used as per Margs interpolation tutorial for achieveing the perfectly calculated parallax flooring.

The next few hours wiull be dealing with the tricky stuff which we need to do to ensure the correct depth and floor positioning for the zoffset etc.
Then once all of that is correct, its just a matter of applying the graphics and animating the parallax etc.

And so it begins...

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I see, Margs has it down to a science with his stages. I always followed his stuff. I know this part, is a process. So I look forward, to what you build off it. Started from the bottom, but we here.lol

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

That’s some crazy mad scientists, type stuff going on here. Xyz and so on. I feel like I’m back in, high school.lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

correct calculation and placement of the parallax is the most time consuming part of making parallax based stages as it effects the placement of everything else on the stage and also how the deltas are calculated.
Also depending on WHICH type of parallax is implemented, that will effect how you have to implement animation. so first there will be some trial and error to get everything placed right.
Then after that its the eye candy part which is easier in comparison.
This will be a few hours of trial and error using basic wireframes and then once right, we can start applying the styles and theme

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Right right, we can’t have everything all over the place.lol I understand completely, I rember that mg training stage. The one you made, it was crazy. So much detail, yet everything blended well together.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:Right right, we can’t have everything all over the place.lol I understand completely, I rember that mg training stage. The one you made, it was crazy. So much detail, yet everything blended well together.

MG stage? hmmm.
Oh Wait i think i know the one u mean.
U mean the collab one i did with mason. yeah i remember that thing lol. Yeah that one was a bit of a wild experiment but the parallax in that one was a very basic one.
Nothing like what we are aiming for here.
Because its a training stage, it is likely going to be regularly used and in high demand, hence it has to be extra perfect

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum