Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETED PROJECT] CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART002 - Main Menu interface

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED PROJECT] CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART002 - Main Menu interface 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the 2nd Official project topic for Hatter's Capcom Vs Square: Parallel Destinies Screenpack & Fullgame project.
For Part002, we will be creating the Main Menu Interface as discussed previously.
To recap on what work has been done so far to date for reference, please refer to the previous completed topics here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a recap of the summary of what we have discussed & will be working on for the Main Menu Interface

Main Menu Screen Interface
- Create Main Menu interface layout to discussed Galactic/Medievil theme in reference to KH2 sample material layout as discussed.

- Using the Kingdom Hearts Main Menu as a reference material for the design will allow Hatter to be more flexible with using his own personal Artwork in the screenpack as discussed.
- As/where possible, a pre-coded template system will be provided to allow Hatter to simply swap in/out his own personal Artworks and have them work with the interface seamlessly

- Aesthetics/style to be consistent with pre-discussed theme
- Animated Logo implementation as discussed with PhantomD.
- Client only requires ARCADE, VS MODE, TRAINING, OPTIONS (and all required font for all text within options) and QUIT.
- All other modes to be Omitted (not required) as discussed.

Workload:
- Basic Main menu Screen object & interface layout/concept (min 2 hours)
- Style implementation, PSD/AI/AE file setup + style application (min 2 hours)
- Animation & final Sprite creation  (min 2 hours)
- PNG/SFF sprite importing & System.def basic coding/testing (Min 2 hours)

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED PROJECT] CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART002 - Main Menu interface 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Just a very minor initial progress update.
So far I have been planning and testing spacing and proportions.
I have coded the Menu Fonts and I plan on replicating the Kingdom Hearts style fader example as per the sample image footage.
Obviously not copying it 100% but definitely including its simplistic but effective design.
The positioning and appearance of it will be like shown

I also intend for the next step to add some additional mode context info in an info box for each selected mode, similar to what was done in Astral Heat X SP

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Update:
I have finished completing the Mode select Fonts and coding for our 7 playable modes.
The right hand side descriptor text will be displayed inside a text box to as to not let any background animation wash it out so it is easy to read and tidy:

The next step will be the import and positioning of the Logo which will be animated and layer separated at a later state in the progress

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have begun animating the logo now part by part using the PSD file.
Starting off with the crystals I am adding some movement and glimmer to them

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:
I am Confident to say that 16 Hours later, I am happy to say that the Main Menu screen is complete.
I have done all of the following:

- Fully separated/layered Logo (thanks to Phantom D)
- Fully Animated Logo with individual animations per layer, compiled into a single composition for smaller file size.
- Fully 1440p UHD sprites downscaled via coding to work in both 720p Video Mode, 1440p Mode, and also 2160p mode full 4k with 0 quality loss.
- HD Font system with all required Modes and mode text/descriptions
- additional details.legal text/version build text for additional proffessional feel
- Swap and save easily customisable Panning Square/Capcom Animation montage template with fade in/out/zoom effect on right hand side of screen.
By default I have added coding to allow for up to 12 unique Artworks to be displayed on repeat cycle on the Main menu (this can be increased to an infinite ammount if required, or reduced if needed depending on your artwork needs).
- Basic Options Mode placeholder animation and custom options mode fonts.def

I have added some customization options that will allow you to simply drop your own personal artwork in without having to do any coding or additional changes and everything will work seamlessly.

In order to customize this, all you need to do is open the CVSQ-SYSTEM.SFF in fighter factory and scroll to the bottom of the .sff file until you find the index of 15000.
Simply swap out any artwork with your own personal artwork and it will display in its place.
My personal styles used were each picture sized at 2560x1440p with 72dpi, and an Opacity factor of 30%-50% depending on the artwork.
The artwork I used was all tinted as per your original style preferences referencing the vagrant story/medievil themes we discussed.
It is probably irrelevant as i know you will make your own art for this but I thought i may as well make the placeholders as close to source as possible for the finished product.(you can trial and error on what suits you best of course and adjust to suit.)

And finally the actual work all in action (please note the video does it no justice as it is downsized to 720p when I encoded it. as far as I know Streamable is the most practical fast preview tool but it doesnt let you upload full definition video on the free version.

I will now begin uploading the files and send you the details.
As before, you may need to adjust your resolution settings on mugen.cfg accordingly.

hatter

hatter

[COMPLETED PROJECT] CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART002 - Main Menu interface 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hey, so I had the chance to play around with it. I made a few changes for the portrait-related code blocks so the portraits would show according to how I've set it up for the characters, and so far it's amazing.

One thing I noticed is that in Arcade mode, for some reason, only the P2 emblem is shown, and I can only control it with the P2 controls (numpad):

This isn't the case in the VS. Mode:

And when I checked Arcade mode in V1.1, it was showing correctly:

Only thing I'll ask for to be changed is the portion of the text that says "Presented by Hatter Design Works and Team NewageMugen  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you can, change it to something like "A proud NewageMUGEN project. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have a venture I want to work on in the future and it won't use "Hatter Design Works", I would personally rather it be listed and promoted as 100% a Newage MUGEN project.

It's not a big priority issue, so you can do this whenever you have the time. Maybe after the VS and Win screens.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter, following up on our discussions earlier, we can definitely continue immediately with the next parts of your project, however as you have already commissioned this part, it is only right that we address any/all minor issues/adjustments so it is 100% in perfect, functional working order to the best possible quality level. SO here I have investigated and adressed all things we discussed accordingly:

Update 001 - Legal/Footer text update request
Click here:

Update 002 -Mystery regarding Keymapping and Arcade mode Player 2 controller Bug
Click Here:

Update 003 -Main Menu Screen Montage Artwork Auto-Template PSD

click here:

On top of this, there is one other small update I would like to make to the main menu screen as a special bonus for your patience (at no extra cost) which involves an animated cursor for the mode select (to further mimic the Kingdom hearts model) which I will add at a later state after we finish the other priority works.

I have uploaded and sent you the updated build version 1.2.5 including all the mentioned fixes and forwarded you the links.
Assuming all is satisfactory on your end after this,we can proceed to discuss the next parts of your project you require no problem at all.
I will await your feedback.

hatter

hatter

[COMPLETED PROJECT] CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART002 - Main Menu interface 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hey there, thank you for the update on the legal text. As I mentioned on our Discord chat, I managed to resolve the issue w/ the P2 controls in Arcade selection by reverting the P1 controls to use the default MUGEN 1.1b keyboard controls.

Fully satisfied with the work for the main menu, this can be closed, and we can start w/ the VS and Win screens whenever you are ready.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Thanks Hatter, If that is the case, then we can mark Part 2 as officially complete.
We can proceed to begin discussing part 03 - CVSQ VS screen interface.
I will contact you shortly regarding this.
I will request the Admins @xXEnchanter.ZuXx and @Vermilion Spy to lock this topic and move to the completed projects thread.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum