Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETE]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies PART004 - Additional tweaks & modifications

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETE]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies PART004 - Additional tweaks & modifications 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Official Capcom Vs Square-Parallel Destinies WIP Thread PART004

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the official planning and discussion thread for  Part 4 of Hatter's Capcom vs Square: Parallel Destinies Fullgame project screenpack.
All further modifications and edits required for the screenpack will be discussed, planned & documented here.

Previously completed work:

completed work Video Preview footage:

Last edited by ✴Ex-Sirius✴ on Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

hatter

hatter

[COMPLETE]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies PART004 - Additional tweaks & modifications 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Thanks for your time Ex.

So basically, some changes have popped up since the last time we left off, and I need those changes reflected in the screenpack:
  • The roster count has been bumped down to 30, with about 12 of them using existing sprites/have existing bases that require minor edits to fit in. As you see in the screenshot from your original work, it's at 48; I just need the middle portion adjusted to reflect that properly:

• The other part is that this art of Cactuar and Amingo needs to be removed, as I'm making sure all the art used is original:

Aside from that, nothing else needs to be changed; the victory screen itself, all graphics and text, and even the set up of portraits and middle globe don't need any modifications.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETE]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies PART004 - Additional tweaks & modifications 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter

Thank you for the opportunity to work on this wonderful project once again.
There should be no issue implementing all of these minor design changes.

Firstly, to cover all bases and ensure we complete all the modifications in the most optimal/practical and efficient manner, I just would like to confirm a few details. We will discuss the vicory screen details last. First we will work on the select screen:

RE: Select screen character slot total count modifications

Q1.Do you want to adjust the Character select slot total count from 48 down 30, or from 48 to 32 as (previously mentioned via our initial discord discussion)

Q2. Do you still require any Randomselect slots to remain on the select screen as well as the 30/32x character select slots?

As you may recalll, the original design/portrait template system was designed to accommodate 160x160 HD scaled PSD template portraits based on the 48 slot layout populating the centre MVC style globe area in an aesthetic manner.
Keeping this in mind, I would just like to confirm how you would like the changes made aesthetically. So could you please confirm which of the following statements is correct:

RE: Select screen character slot sizing/Aesthetics/Portrait scaling

A. I want all select slots to maintain their current size/aspect ratio/positioning & I only want slots removed, of which I will specify via a visual aid similar to the one below by marking X's

B. I would like the character select slots to be resized accordingly to Appeal more aesthetically within the new reduced roster count, and the PSD 9000,1 template can also be updated to reflect these changes via larger/different shaped portrait boxes so as to utilize the MVC globe centre area more aesthetically

Please review/respond to these questions at your leisure and we will move on to the next phase of detail confirmation/ I look forward to your reply

creativeprecursor likes this post

hatter

hatter

[COMPLETE]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies PART004 - Additional tweaks & modifications 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hi Ex.

For the first part, I had neglected to remember the random select slots, so let's keep it to 32, where we can have 2 random slot selects.

For the portraits, let's go with option B, resize to appeal aesthetically with slot changes.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter

I have now completed the other commission work I mentioned to you last week/earlier this week so i can now focus on this project.

Thanks for confirming that. Understood.
We will reformat the select screen slot system to make a 32x slot setup incl randomselect slots and have it all appear aesthetically formatted within the template.
I will also make the necessary adjustments to the select screen small portraits to reflect these changes.

Now that is confirmed, I have a few small details regarding the Victory screen stinger changes.
As discussed, we can remove the character art no problem. however as this is one complete flattened sequence, it will be a rebuild from scratch which means there are a number of ways we can go about this. Please confirm which of the following is correct:

Victory Screen Stinger character removal Updates

A. You would like the Winquote animation with vicory message/spacial scene to remain mosty the same and just have it remade to exclude the 2 official art characters

B. You would like the same scene created but will supply your own 2 x Character artworks that you would like used in their place for the animation sequence (and have it as a fixed unchangeable animation)

C. You would like the same scene created and have it made via a template system which will allow you to swap out the character art whenever you want for diferent characters (and let your fans/users also make these changes via a built in template)

D. None of the above. Just make a new, generic but CVSquare themed victory stinger animation sequence that does not include any official character artwork

Once confirmed, we can move on to the next phase and create a project summary unless there is anything else you would like to dicuss/change/edit/add etc.
I look forward to your replace and thank you for your patience

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Hi Hatter

I have now completed the other commission work I mentioned to you last week/earlier this week so i can now focus on this project.

Thanks for confirming that. Understood.
We will reformat the select screen slot system to make a 32x slot setup incl randomselect slots and have it all appear aesthetically formatted within the template.
I will also make the necessary adjustments to the select screen small portraits to reflect these changes.

Now that is confirmed, I have a few small details regarding the Victory screen stinger changes.
As discussed, we can remove the character art no problem. however as this is one complete flattened sequence, it will be a rebuild from scratch which means there are a number of ways we can go about this. Please confirm which of the following is correct:

A. You would like the Winquote animation with victory message/special scene to remain mostly the same and just have it remade to exclude the 2 official art characters

B. You would like the same scene created but will supply your own 2 x Character artworks that you would like used in their place for the animation sequence (and have it as a fixed unchangeable animation)

C. You would like the same scene created and have it made via a template system which will allow you to swap out the character art whenever you want for diferent characters (and let your fans/users also make these changes via a built in template)

D. None of the above. Just make a new, generic but CVSquare themed victory stinger animation sequence that does not include any official character artwork

Once confirmed, we can move on to the next phase and create a project summary unless there is anything else you would like to dicuss/change/edit/add etc.
I look forward to your replace and thank you for your patience

Hey Ex, the option I want to go with is A. You would like the Winquote animation with victory message/special scene to remain mostly the same and just have it remade to exclude the 2 official art characters.

Thanks in advance.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter

Thank you for confirming these details.
Based on your requirements I have compiled a project summary as follows:

Project overview
Make modifications to the existing "Capcom Vs Square: Parallel destinies" screenpack Select & Winquote victory animation screens to clients new requirements.

Select screen character slot total count modifications:
- reduce the total slot count down to 32 (30 unique slots plus 2 randomselect slots)

Select screen character slot sizing/Aesthetics/Portrait scaling
- Client requires character select slots rescaled/repositioned/reformatted to aesthetically fit
  within the main HUD area accordingly to the layout changes.

- Client requires the PSD 9000,1 template to be updated to reflect these changes required for the larger/different shaped portrait boxes so as to utilize the MVC globe centre area correctly.

- Client requires the Winquote animation victory message scene to remain mostly the same and just have it remade to exclude the 2 official art characters

I have provided 2 separate options depending on how you would like to proceed.
Workload Option A outlines the workload based on your selection of aesthetically rescaling/reconfiguring the select screen slots to compensate for the large reduced slot count (this is the most aesthetically pleasing option but also the larger worload).
Option B outlines the workload if you only reduce the slot count down to 32 without resizing/repositioning anything, and would only require you to specify which squares you would like removed (as per the previously shown screenshot example with X's over the portraits to be removed etc).

Workload option A: full aesthetic select slot system change + Victory screen change
- Select screen slot dimensions/scaling layout concept/design (min 1 hour)
- Select screen slot/randomselect animation sprites rescaling/sprite generation  (min 1 hours)
- P1/P2 Cursor related dimension change/animation/redesign + coding (min 2 hours)
- Select screen slot count reduction + .def coding/select.def cursor related (min 1 hour/s)
- 9000,0 portrait template update & rescale + Coding related (Min 1.25 hour/s)
- select related PNG/SFF sprite importing & System.def basic coding/testing (Min 1 hour/s)
- Victory screen prequote screen new animation creation + .air coding related/timing calculation (min 2 hours)
- victory related PNG/SFF sprite importing & System.def basic coding/testing (Min 1.25 hours)

In summary, the minimum workload to complete these modifications would be a Total workload of = 10.5 hours @ 18.00 USD/hr = 189.00 USD

Workload option B: non-aesthetic select slot system change + Victory screen change
- Select screen slot reduction to 32x layout concept/design+coding/select.def related (min 1.5 hour)
- Victory screen prequote screen new animation creation + .air coding related/timing calculation (min 2 hours)
- victory related PNG/SFF sprite importing & System.def basic coding/testing (Min 1.25 hours)

In summary, the minimum workload to complete these modifications would be a Total workload of = 4.75 hours @ 18.00 USD/hr = 85.5 USD

Please double check that all the above information is correct and also reconfirm which option you would prefer to proceed with and then we can move on to the finalization phase. Process is same as usual. 50% donation on start/50% upon completion and supply of completed files.
I look forward to your reply.

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hey Ex,

Thanks for the detailed breakdown; after some time thinking about it, I will go with workload option B, as it seems to be best for what I need, in addition to the fact that changing the select portrait section doesn't matter in the end.

Let me know when you are ready to start, I'll make the 1st 50% payment when you confirm (will be around 42.75 USD / 58.18 CAD)

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter

No problem at all.
I thought it would only be right to give you the 2 options considering there is a considerable difference in workload for what is mainly aesthetic modifications, when the real goal in your scenario is purely functional.
If that is the case, all I will need for you to provide me is a screenshot of your select screen, and if you could draw a red "X" over all of the slots you would like removed, and place a blue "R" over the 2xslots you would like to use for the random select and I can make those changes accordingly.

I can start as soon as you are ready and I have kept my week free to complete this for you over the next few days.
I look forward to hearing from you

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hi Ex,

Your visual aid sums up what I want:

Thanks.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter

The sample image you provided is for less than 32 slots.
If you would like me to copy that model for 30 slots via removing everything marked "X" thats no problem.

However just to reconfirm, previously you mentioned:

hatter wrote:Hi Ex.

For the first part, I had neglected to remember the random select slots, so let's keep it to 32, where we can have 2 random slot selects.

For the portraits, let's go with option B, resize to appeal aesthetically with slot changes.

If you still actually require 32 slots, that is also no problem, however I will need you to confirm which 32 slots you require from a sample screenshot similar to the 30 slot one above.

Once we have confirmed this final detail, we can proceed with activating this commission

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hi Ex,,

You're right about that, sorry.

In this image, the green symbols mark the 31st and 32nd slots;

Thanks.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Hatter

No problem. That confirms all the remaining details I need.
Just to recap, here is the final summary based on our discussions:

Project overview
Make modifications to the existing "Capcom Vs Square: Parallel destinies" screenpack Select & Winquote victory animation screens to clients new requirements.

Select screen character slot total count modifications:
- reduce the total slot count down to 32 (30 unique slots plus 2 randomselect slots),
Using clients example screenshot as guide.

Select screen character slot sizing/Aesthetics/Portrait scaling
- Client does not require character select slots rescaled/repositioned/reformatted.

- Client requires the Winquote animation victory message scene to remain mostly the same and just have it remade to exclude the 2 official art characters

Workload option B: non-aesthetic select slot system change + Victory screen change
- Select screen slot reduction to 32x layout concept/design+coding/select.def related (min 1.5 hour)

In summary, the minimum workload to complete these modifications would be a Total donation of = 4.75 hours @ 18.00 USD/hr = 85.5 USD

50% to activate/confirm start of commission, 50% upon completion/supply of files.
Once all the above havs been confirmed, I will mark this project as active and proceed.

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hi Ex,

I confirm the above details.

I will send the 1st 50 percent of the donation when I am off work. Will send the confirming screenshot via Discord.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi hatter. Thank you dor donating to support newagemugen.
I will now mark this topic as active and proceed with getting everything ready.
All going wee the changes should be completed within less than a week.
I will post 24 hour incremental progress updates as things progress as pervthe usual process.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update.

The project is now at 50% complete.
I have finished and tested the updated select screen, including repositioning of the cursor start location as shown here:

The next step will be finalizing the animation for the victory screen

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update

I am happy to confirm that I have completed the final modifications to the victory screen.
I have created a completely new winscreen animation sequence as shown below:

I have supplied the [data] file containing all the files you need to overwrite your existing ones with in order to make the changes effective.
You will of course have to remodify your select.def roster to include your actual characters, and also modify the system.def again to change any music/bgm related settings.

Please find your download link below.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Archive is password protected so only you will have access to file/s.
Please complete the final 50% donation & I will forward you the password details.

Once you have unlocked it and added to your build, please test it and post back here to confirm that everything is working well on your end & I will asked to have this project marked as complete and moved to the completed commissions section.

I look forward to your reply

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hey Ex,

I tested it, and I can confirm it functions like clockwork.

Absolutely perfect.

You can archive this thread.

Thanks for another job well done my friend.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Thanks hatter for supporting newagemugen and the forum with your kind donation. With that said I will mark this project as complete and request for it to be moved to the complete archives.

NAMServerBot666@Noreply

NAMServerBot666@Noreply

[COMPLETE]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies PART004 - Additional tweaks & modifications RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Taunting The Devil (Gold)
Newagemugen Member for Over 7 Years
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

marking project as complete. Moving to completed projects archive

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum