Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETE] Commission request quote for adding Citrix Lifebar to Add004

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

[COMPLETE] Commission request quote for adding Citrix Lifebar to Add004 2GPpdMR
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

Kinda got that itch to continue my custom build from about a year ago and I was wondering if it was possible to port my existing Citrix Lifebar to the Add004 system? If so I'd love to get that done whenever possible as I'd like to use my own existing work in my project while still maintaining the integrity of the system mechanics that Add004 provides. While I know it's possible to use any lifebar with the UnoTag system it doesn't properly fit what I'm looking to do.

For context this is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I'd just like it to be ported to the Add004 system and maybe some possible anti-aliasing clean up as that's something I tried to do myself but couldn't fix. Also possibly a different style when it comes to the custom ports? I took a heavy inspiration from En-Eins Perfektewelt when I did them, but looking at them now I don't think they particularly fit the rest of the aesthetic.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dripsugeki likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETE] Commission request quote for adding Citrix Lifebar to Add004 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Hi Dripsugeki

I am currently just finishing off a small commission for another client which inshoukd have finished before monday, however I would be more than happy to assist you with your request.

Just for quality assurance, if you would like to see some of the previous commission works I have actioned here for clients, please feel free to browse through the completed commissions section and you will see some examples of lifebar/screenpack work I have worked on. Alternatively you can check via my profile page/post history which may be an easier way to search images etc.

In regards to the finer details of your request etc, before we can proceed with anything, we will need to do some back & fourth planning to build a project summary.

To start, we will.need to confirm the first 7 basic info requirements for a commission request to be accepted which can be found listed here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please read and confirm these details and then we can proceed further with discussing the finer details.
I look forward to potentially working with you

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Hi Dripsugeki

I am currently just finishing off a small commission for another client which inshoukd have finished before monday, however I would be more than happy to assist you with your request.

Just for quality assurance, if you would like to see some of the previous commission works I have actioned here for clients, please feel free to browse through the completed commissions section and you will see some examples of lifebar/screenpack work I have worked on. Alternatively you can check via my profile page/post history which may be an easier way to search images etc.

In regards to the finer details of your request etc, before we can proceed with anything, we will need to do some back & fourth planning to build a project summary.

To start, we will.need to confirm the first 7 basic info requirements for a commission request to be accepted which can be found listed here:

Please read and confirm these details and then we can proceed further with discussing the finer details.
I look forward to potentially working with you

Yeah I've been keeping tabs on the work you've been doing with that Legacy Hybrid project so I know your work is goated, there's no denying that. As for the 7 basics I got you.

1. Porting my existing Citrix Lifebar for use of the Add004 Tag Engine

2. My maximum budget is $200

3. My timeframe is rather flexible as I'll be working on everything else with the game during it so the lifebars and ports should honestly be the last thing to worry about for the presentation. If anything I'd like for the project to get started sometime in January.

4. Simply put I'm just looking for the lifebar to get cleaned up and ported to Add004. Since it was my first lifebar I know there's probably some mistakes in the code and the presentation feels rather lacking from the original vision. If anything The actual black portion of the lifebar could be updated to have some more flash to it and the custom ports need an update. Maybe the timing on the lightflare between the powerbar/healthbar could be better?

5. Using Mugen 1.1 PC Specs are Ryzen 5 5600X/ GTX 3070 / 32gb DDR4-3200

6. The anti-aliasing on the bar is pretty bad and it's rather plain. I love the overall design I did, but I definitely think it could do with some flare.

7. I did edit and use some sprites/animations/code from President Devon as they were open source but aside from that everything else I did myself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETE] Commission request quote for adding Citrix Lifebar to Add004 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Thank you for confirming those details.
Theoretically we should be able to manage all of these required elements within your budget with no problem.

Now we can proceed with discussing and confirming some more of the specifics for each requirement.
I like to be very thorough during the planning process, which has always been the golden rule for commissions here on the forum.

So i would like to ask a few more questions for each task. Starting with portraits.

1) Regarding the portrait system, could you provide some more information about how you are currently managing your portraits, e.g using adobe photoshop templates (PSD files).

2) Could you please provide some more details on what you would like updated/fixed on your existing portraits, e.g design, resolution, additional design elements etc

3) Confirm how many variant portrait templarts you are using (e.g single mode, simul mode, team mode), or if you just have one universal template etc

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

Not a problem. I've already gotten a couple commissions here before for some other projects I've been working on outside of the MUGEN space so I know how it goes.

1. Everything I do is in photoshop so yes it's all PSD files. Typically it's all on 1 PSD file with everything placed in their perspective groups inside the PSD for ease of access and editing. Unfortunately I can't find the specific PSD for this lifebar. Must have lost it when my HDD died a while ago. However the Portrait Template is in the download.

2. Overall the design of them as a whole. I feel as though they kinda clash with the whole idea of the lifebar. TBH I kinda just went with the whole creative flow I had going for the few days I spent on them. The name didn't even come about until after the bars were done. Definitely something I'll try not to do again. So granted with the name Citrix, it's pretty much just a play on Citrus which feels like the main color of the bars being that nice orange gradient so something to compliment that would be nice without making it too distracting. I don't think I can really get much more specific than that? Plus I also know to trust the process when it comes to creativity.

3. In the current build of them I'm just using the 1 template for single mode. For turns It's the same just scaled down and repositioned to fit underneath the P1 P2 ports. For turns I simply made a black 50x50 square and used the base 9000,0 sprite for the characters. Sure it made the work easier, but it definitely didn't do much for the flair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Thank you for confirming these details. I have updated my project notes.
In response to your replies:

Dripsugeki wrote:Not a problem. I've already gotten a couple commissions here before for some other projects I've been working on outside of the MUGEN space so I know how it goes.

Excellent. This will make things move faster since you are already familiar with the Newagemugen Commission system/rules etc.

Dripsugeki wrote:
1. Everything I do is in photoshop so yes it's all PSD files. Typically it's all on 1 PSD file with everything placed in their perspective groups inside the PSD for ease of access and editing. Unfortunately I can't find the specific PSD for this lifebar. Must have lost it when my HDD died a while ago. However the Portrait Template is in the download.

Excellent. This will also make things much easier since you are already familiar with/have access to Adobe suite.
I have 3 questions in regards to this:

1) Would you prefer to have your existing PSD portrait template updated to your requirements, or would you prefer a new one created from scratch?
2) Are you converting your character .sff files to 1.1 format to allow for 32bit PNG portraits, or are you still using .pcx files for 1.0 8bit char .sff files?
3) You mentioned the pSD file is missing but there is a template inside the download. What format is the template file?

Dripsugeki wrote:
2. Overall the design of them as a whole. I feel as though they kinda clash with the whole idea of the lifebar. TBH I kinda just went with the whole creative flow I had going for the few days I spent on them. The name didn't even come about until after the bars were done. Definitely something I'll try not to do again. So granted with the name Citrix, it's pretty much just a play on Citrus which feels like the main color of the bars being that nice orange gradient so something to compliment that would be nice without making it too distracting. I don't think I can really get much more specific than that? Plus I also know to trust the process when it comes to creativity.

No problem. I am confident that we can solve both the antialiasing issue and also improve on the overall design. In order to achieve the latter however i have some questions:

1) Would you like to use the existing design and simply have it recreated in higher quality to address the pixellation/antialiasing issues, or do you require a redesign?

1a) If the answer to Q1 was redesign, please provide 1-3 visual examples of what represents the closest redesign in any existing commercial or non commercial work that you would like to see implemented in your portrait redesign.

Dripsugeki wrote:
3. In the current build of them I'm just using the 1 template for single mode. For turns It's the same just scaled down and repositioned to fit underneath the P1 P2 ports. For turns I simply made a black 50x50 square and used the base 9000,0 sprite for the characters. Sure it made the work easier, but it definitely didn't do much for the flair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I understand. No problem.
In my experience, the best and most practical way to handle this, is to actually have 3 individual PSD portrait templates.
1 template for each variant.
The reason being particularly relevant to your lifebar scenario which i will explain: Due to the fact that there are distortion/pixellation issues present with the current design, and the goal here is to remove this issue and ensure all version of the portraits are displayed in max quality in all HD resolution options for all types of displays be it IPS monitors, gaming monitors, or even large screen LED TVs etc, it is wiser to have set templates for native portraits rather than rescale them after creating them at a set xxx resolution, this will minimize any chances of antialiasing even though the source images will be of extremely high resolution/quality etc.

For this I would just like to confirm one detail which you may have already answered in the previous question depending on your goals but to reconfirm:

1) For the turns mode square portraits, do you want to retain this design or would you prefer to go for a different design.

1a)If the answer to Q1 was redesign, please provide 1-3 visual examples of what represents the closest redesign in any existing commercial or non commercial work that you would like to see implemented in your portrait redesign.

Again thank you for your patience. please confirm these details and I will update my notes and we can move on to discussing the next set of details and requirements

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:
Excellent. This will also make things much easier since you are already familiar with/have access to Adobe suite.
I have 3 questions in regards to this:

1) Would you prefer to have your existing PSD portrait template updated to your requirements, or would you prefer a new one created from scratch?
2) Are you converting your character .sff files to 1.1 format to allow for 32bit PNG portraits, or are you still using .pcx files for 1.0 8bit char .sff files?
3) You mentioned the pSD file is missing but there is a template inside the download. What format is the template file?

1. I definitely think a new one would have to be created in the new style that we're shooting for here.
2. Yes I'm converting them to 1.1 format simply for the fact that I absolutely hate how long indexing can take and one mess up can force you to redo the whole process. PNGs are just much easier to work with even if they force the engine to take a bit more time to load.
3. The Portrait Template is in PSD format. What I was trying to explain is that I lost the PSD I had for the full lifebar with all the sprites and everything so they'd have to be ripped from .sff instead.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:
1) Would you like to use the existing design and simply have it recreated in higher quality to address the pixellation/antialiasing issues, or do you require a redesign?

1a) If the answer to Q1 was redesign, please provide 1-3 visual examples of what represents the closest redesign in any existing commercial or non commercial work that you would like to see implemented in your portrait redesign.

1. No, not a full redesign, I'd like to use the existing design and simply update/recreate it in a higher quality to address the issues with it as well. The only full redesign would be for the custom portraits. The lifebar itself just needs these spruced up and edited to better conform with the overall feel of the bars.

1a. As far as what I think could be a good redesign for the portraits. That's tough but maybe something like these? Considering my bars have the same sort of flow?

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:1) For the turns mode square portraits, do you want to retain this design or would you prefer to go for a different design.

1a)If the answer to Q1 was redesign, please provide 1-3 visual examples of what represents the closest redesign in any existing commercial or non commercial work that you would like to see implemented in your portrait redesign.

Again thank you for your patience. please confirm these details and I will update my notes and we can move on to discussing the next set of details and requirements

1. No, I'd definitely like to go for something more stylized. I think something like this style for the turns mode as I've posted previously could work, or maybe something more align with what I have in the KOFXV Mock Up I did?

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:The reason being particularly relevant to your lifebar scenario which i will explain: Due to the fact that there are distortion/pixellation issues present with the current design, and the goal here is to remove this issue and ensure all version of the portraits are displayed in max quality in all HD resolution options for all types of displays be it IPS monitors, gaming monitors, or even large screen LED TVs etc, it is wiser to have set templates for native portraits rather than rescale them after creating them at a set xxx resolution, this will minimize any chances of antialiasing even though the source images will be of extremely high resolution/quality etc.

Also, I do understand this. When I made the bars I was taking into account the end user experience with them which is why I only used the one custom port as well as made sure they still looked okay if no ports were used. I used some scale/position code in the .def for simul mode just to make the experience working with them easier for folks that don't have much experience doing things like this so all they ever had to make was the one portrait per character. Having the Turns Mode use the base 9000,0 sprites was also a decision I made to support that ease of use. I definitely agree with what you're saying here though.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Thank you for confirming these details.
This concludes all of the information I require for the portrait system project planning/summary.
I will update my notes accordingly.

Next I would like to confirm just a few more details in regards to the lifebars and then we can move on to the final planning portion.

Regarding the lifebars, just to reconfirm, which of the following is correct:

A) You only require the mentioned recreation improvement updates to the the lifebar frames, powerbar frames, and meter animations. You donot require any upgrades, modifications, dedraws of the name font system or round.win icons.

B) You require the mentioned recreation/improvement updates to the the lifebar frames, powerbar frames, meter animations, and also to the name font system and round.win icons.

Once you have confirmed this final detail, we can move on to discussing the final portion of the project

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

Thank you for confirming these details.
This concludes all of the information I require for the portrait system project planning/summary.
I will update my notes accordingly.

Next I would like to confirm just a few more details in regards to the lifebars and then we can move on to the final planning portion.

Regarding the lifebars, just to reconfirm, which of the following is correct:

A) You only require the mentioned recreation improvement updates to the the lifebar frames, powerbar frames, and meter animations. You donot require any upgrades, modifications, dedraws of the name font system or round.win icons.

B) You require the mentioned recreation/improvement updates to the the lifebar frames, powerbar frames, meter animations, and also to the name font system and round.win icons.

Once you have confirmed this final detail, we can move on to discussing the final portion of the project

Moreso B with the additional porting to Add004 system.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Thank you for confirming that. I have updated my project notes accordingly.
As you have chosen option B, I will need to confirm some specific details in regards to your font requirements, and also win.icon requirements, as these are very broad components of screenpack design within themselves, and require very specific confirmation before starting any work on them.
The main reason being font creation is typically a costly element of screenpack design and may/may not be practical for your project requirements/budget so we can discuss the options.
So with that said lets begin with confirming a few details:

RE: Win.Icon system

Please confirm which of the following is correct:

A) You want to retain the existing Win Icon design with no further changes, other than having them recreated with the same antialiasing fixes/resolution updates to make them match the lifebar upgrades.

B) You would like additional modifications made to the win.icon system such as have them animated/different indicator round icons for victory type (ie win by guardbreak/Win by super/special etc)

c) Other- please specify

RE: Font system

A) You would like completely new HD custom styled png fonts created from scratch in a font type style of my choosing/color etc (most labor intensive option)

B) I would like completely new single color black/white fonts but only in basic truetypefont format but in a style of my choosing (least labor intensive option)

C) Other- please specify

Once you have confirmed these details, providing there is no additional information required ie sample images etc, we can proceed on to the final planning discussions regarding the add004 system implementation.
Thank you for your patience and I look forward to your reply.

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

Thank you for confirming that. I have updated my project notes accordingly.
As you have chosen option B, I will need to confirm some specific details in regards to your font requirements, and also win.icon requirements, as these are very broad components of screenpack design within themselves, and require very specific confirmation before starting any work on them.
The main reason being font creation is typically a costly element of screenpack design and may/may not be practical for your project requirements/budget so we can discuss the options.
So with that said lets begin with confirming a few details:

A) You want to retain the existing Win Icon design with no further changes, other than having them recreated with the same antialiasing fixes/resolution updates to make them match the lifebar upgrades.

B) You would like additional modifications made to the win.icon system such as have them animated/different indicator round icons for victory type (ie win by guardbreak/Win by super/special etc)

c) Other- please specify

A) You would like completely new HD custom styled png fonts created from scratch in a font type style of my choosing/color etc (most labor intensive option)

B) I would like completely new single color black/white fonts but only in basic truetypefont format but in a style of my choosing (least labor intensive option)

C) Other- please specify

Once you have confirmed these details, providing there is no additional information required ie sample images etc, we can proceed on to the final planning discussions regarding the add004 system implementation.
Thank you for your patience and I look forward to your reply.

Well I'll keep it very simple for you. A for the Win.icon, B for the Font System.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki.

Thank you for confirming that.
Project notes updated. In that case all I need in relation to the font system if for you to confirm which truetypefont you would like to use.
You can either supply the font name or a link if it is a non standard windows font from a third party and u can handle the rest.

Once that is confirmed we can discuss the final portion: Add004 implementation.

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Hi Dripsugeki.

Thank you for confirming that.
Project notes updated. In that case all I need in relation to the font system if for you to confirm which truetypefont you would like to use.
You can either supply the font name or a link if it is a non standard windows font from a third party and u can handle the rest.

Once that is confirmed we can discuss the final portion: Add004 implementation.
Sure, I was thinking about maybe using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the font.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki.
No problem. We can certainly use those fonts.

Now that all of that information has been confirmed we can move on to the final part: the add004 system implementation.

The add004 system in itself is a diverse and complex addon for mugen as you may be aware.
With that said before asking any questions, please in your own words, describe with as much detail as possible how you would like it implemented into your lifebar/screenpack system.
Once you have provided as much detail as possible, we can go from there as far as confirming some of the more specific information I will require to implement it according to your requirements.
For example, there are 3 variant motifs within add004 system itself, and several special features which can be toggled (however most of these can be managed at the user level hence I may not need to do anything for you on this side of things depending on your experience level).
Please elaborate on your add004 variant/requirements first and we can go from there.
I again thank you for your patience

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

No problem. We can certainly use those fonts.

Now that all of that information has been confirmed we can move on to the final part: the add004 system implementation.

The add004 system in itself is a diverse and complex addon for mugen as you may be aware.
With that said before asking any questions, please in your own words, describe with as much detail as possible how you would like it implemented into your lifebar/screenpack system.
Once you have provided as much detail as possible, we can go from there as far as confirming some of the more specific information I will require to implement it according to your requirements.
For example, there are 3 variant motifs within add004 system itself, and several special features which can be toggled (however most of these can be managed at the user level hence I may not need to do anything for you on this side of things depending on your experience level).
Please elaborate on your add004 variant/requirements first and we can go from there.
I again thank you for your patience

Sorry for getting back to you so late on this.

In terms of what version of the add004 system I'm using it's the BS0 version. I think that'd be the best one for all this to work. It's an edited variant though from BurningSoul as I was kinda his test dummy for a bit while he was working on changes to the system from his side. My experience level is fairly basic with the system itself I guess? I know how to change most of the config stuff that comes with the system but as far as fixing animations, changing the sprites for the system, or trying to implement anything new to it like BurningSoul does, it's completely past me there, I can't exactly figure it out.

So as far as what I'm looking to implement with the system that isn't specifically anything gameplay wise would be mostly the UI Tweaks that the system provides. What I mean by this is since my build is mainly focused on the 2v2 Simul aspect that the system provides I liked the changes to that mode that add004 provided.

- Active Character Switching and the visual of that with the lifebar/main portrait switching
- Call out notes of Assist Ready, Active Change, Dual Hyper Combo, etc.
- Once a character dies their portrait either fades off screen or goes greyscale
- Grading system after the fight is over and characters are in win poses

Those sort of small quality changes that make the visuals more appealing and give off more information in a flash that you don't typically get from base system. It also makes the engine feel more complete.

As far as the screenpack goes, well I've been working on making some assets to do my own screenpack in the background but for right now I'm still using Renegade as a placeholder for the time being.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

No problem.
The purpose of documenting projects via the Commission request thread is to allow the project to revisited at any time, so there is no rush to repsond.
Thank you for confirming those details. I have just a few more details to confirm in regards to your reply:

Dripsugeki wrote:
In terms of what version of the add004 system I'm using it's the BS0 version. I think that'd be the best one for all this to work.

In regards to this, no problem. we will only implement the bso version of add004 as per your requirements.

Dripsugeki wrote:
It's an edited variant though from BurningSoul as I was kinda his test dummy for a bit while he was working on changes to the system from his side.

In regards to this: I am personally not familiar with the creator you mentioned or any other edits/versions of the add004 system other than the official onedrive link version here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

just to confirm, which of the following is correct:

A. You will supply the personal custom add004 version you are currently using as a pre-supplied mugen build to be used as the base for your lifebars
B. You would like the default official BS0 add004 system to be used for your lifebars.

Dripsugeki wrote:
- Active Character Switching and the visual of that with the lifebar/main portrait switching
- Call out notes of Assist Ready, Active Change, Dual Hyper Combo, etc.
- Once a character dies their portrait either fades off screen or goes greyscale
- Grading system after the fight is over and characters are in win poses

Regarding these features, I assume these are all currently active functions within the existing build you are using?
In which case would I be correct in assuming that you will be supplying a pre-configured custom add004 with these enabled, to be used as the base of your lifebar update?

Dripsugeki wrote:
As far as the screenpack goes, well I've been working on making some assets to do my own screenpack in the background but for right now I'm still using Renegade as a placeholder for the time being.

No problem. Just to reconfirm, which of the following is correct:

A. You will be supplying 2 separate files: 1. Your custom Add004 BS0 standalone Mugen, 2. your renegade screenpack with your existing citrix bars.
The custom add04 system in mugen build A, will be merged into the renegade SP containing the existing citrix bars in mugen build B.
B. Other - please specify

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:In regards to this: I am personally not familiar with the creator you mentioned or any other edits/versions of the add004 system other than the official onedrive link version here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

just to confirm, which of the following is correct:

A. You will supply the personal custom add004 version you are currently using as a pre-supplied mugen build to be used as the base for your lifebars
B. You would like the default official BS0 add004 system to be used for your lifebars.

It would be A in this case.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Regarding these features, I assume these are all currently active functions within the existing build you are using?
In which case would I be correct in assuming that you will be supplying a pre-configured custom add004 with these enabled, to be used as the base of your lifebar update?

They are all features that are active functions within the base Add004 system when using the base UI/Lifebars. I wasn't entirely sure how to answer this question so I went with what I thought was correct.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:No problem. Just to reconfirm, which of the following is correct:

A. You will be supplying 2 separate files: 1. Your custom Add004 BS0 standalone Mugen, 2. your renegade screenpack with your existing citrix bars.
   The custom add04 system in mugen build A, will be merged into the renegade SP containing the existing citrix bars in mugen build B.
B. Other - please specify

I can supply a base for editing that includes the custom Add004 system from BurningSoul/MeteKhan, My Citrix Lifebars, and the Renegade screenpack if need be. So the answer to this question would be A.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

No problem.
Thank you for confirming all of this information.
I think I am confident enough to say that I now have enough info to build a final project summary for your commission request.
Once this is complete, I will submit it here for you to carefully read and confirm to make sure no details are incorrect or omitted.
This is an important step as once a project summary is accepted, it cannot be altered or changed.
However if additional things are requested or required after the commission has been accepted etc,
these can be done via a separate commission topic after the initial one is completed if need be,
I will begin working on the final project summary for you.
Thank you for your patience

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

Alright, thank you, looking forward to seeing what the project summary looks like.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Just letting you know I am officially back from holiday and all going well should have your project summary complete by tomorrow

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki,
I have completed part 1 of the project summary before a final calculation of the workload/hours req for completion. I
have so far completed the portion for everything except the add004 related system work.
Once that has been done (will do tomorrow) I will do the final summary and submit to you.
In the mean time if you see this, please check if everything so far is correct. and i will update accordingly if needed tomorrow

Project summary
Update & apply cosmetic upgrades & HD resolution quality fixes to Client's existing personal Mugen lifebar system "Citrix" Lifebar & Portrait/font system.
Integrate Client's Citrix Lifebar system into a customized personal version of the add004 mugen addon to
allow integrated features to be used with client's upgraded lifebar build system.

Detailed Project Overview
- Client requires Porting of existing Citrix Lifebar for use with the Add004 Tag Engine
- Clients maximum budget for workload is within 200.00 USD
- Client has not specified a definite timeframe other than preferred start in January 2024.
 (Normal Newagemugen daily progress system with 24hourly intermittent update posts until day of completion rules will apply)
- Client is Using Mugen 1.1 (PC Specs are Ryzen 5 5600X/ GTX 3070 / 32gb DDR4-3200)
- Client requires special attention to eliminating/recreating the frames/distorted portions where anti-aliasing is prominent.
- Overall design to be maintained, but will be recreated from scratch using HD resources and tweaked/improved where necessary

RE: Portrait system
- Client happy with/requires new PSD port system created from scratch as discussed
- Client requires 16/32bit png format portrait system for 1.1 non indexed.
- Client is happy for single mode portrait redesign to fit theme similar to shown below:
- Client requires Turns mode portraits using design similar to examples below:

- Client wants to retain the existing Win Icon design with no further changes, other than having them recreated with the same antialiasing fixes/resolution updates to make them match the lifebar upgrades.

- Client would like completely new single color black/white fonts but only in basic truetypefont format in BISON BOLD font
as discussed

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Hi Dripsugeki,
I have completed part 1 of the project summary before a final calculation of the workload/hours req for completion. I
have so far completed the portion for everything except the add004 related system work.
Once that has been done (will do tomorrow) I will do the final summary and submit to you.
In the mean time if you see this, please check if everything so far is correct. and i will update accordingly if needed tomorrow

Project summary
Update & apply cosmetic upgrades & HD resolution quality fixes to Client's existing personal Mugen lifebar system "Citrix" Lifebar & Portrait/font system.
Integrate Client's Citrix Lifebar system into a customized personal version of the add004 mugen addon to
allow integrated features to be used with client's upgraded lifebar build system.

- Client requires Porting of existing Citrix Lifebar for use with the Add004 Tag Engine
- Client has not specified a definite timeframe other than preferred start in January 2024.
 (Normal Newagemugen daily progress system with 24hourly intermittent update posts until day of completion rules will apply)
- Client is Using Mugen 1.1 (PC Specs are Ryzen 5 5600X/ GTX 3070 / 32gb DDR4-3200)
- Client requires special attention to eliminating/recreating the frames/distorted portions where anti-aliasing is prominent.
- Overall design to be maintained, but will be recreated from scratch using HD resources and tweaked/improved where necessary

- Client happy with/requires new PSD port system created from scratch as discussed
- Client is happy for single mode portrait redesign to fit theme similar to shown below:

- Client wants to retain the existing Win Icon design with no further changes, other than having them recreated with the same antialiasing fixes/resolution updates to make them match the lifebar upgrades.

- Client would like completely new single color black/white fonts but only in basic truetypefont format in BISON BOLD font
as discussed

Yes all of that is correct. I can also update on the start time if hard date is needed. That date being 1/13/2024

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki.
Here is the final completed/updated project summary as discussed. No need to respond to this until your desired start date. We can revisit this around the 13th when you are ready.

Project summary

as discussed

Add004 Related work Overview
- Integrate 3rd partry edited/customised BS0 variant of the add004 system by Shiyokaukuge/tatsu into the lifebar/screenpack system.
- Client to supply a base for editing that includes the custom Add004 system from BurningSoul/MeteKhan, My Citrix Lifebars, and the Renegade screenpack.
- Implement inside the Renegade SP placeholder (supplied by client).
- Client does not require any changes to the add004 system itself (will be integrated as is at time of files being supplied)

Workload Roadmap

Initial & setup
- integrated Fight.def Template/raw files re-positioning and updated assets (powerbar) Spacing allocation/calculation/setup (min 1 hours)

Fight.def - Lifebar/powerbar Workload
- Existing Citrix lifebar system assets import and template setup (min 1 hours)
- Vector recreation of distorted/lowres frames/assets & Animation creation/style application (min 2 hours )
- Coding/HP/Meter range animation/calculation & positioning (min 1 hours )
- File conversion/import/ .sff compilation & Fight.def coding updates (min 1 hours)

Portrait System Workload
- Concept & design + PSD base template creation (1.5 hours)
- Additional port mode variant template creation (1 hours)

Icons/Font System Workload
- Win.Icon system Assets recreation/vectorisation & import/.sff compilation (1.5 hours)
- Updated Font system implementation/coding (1 hour/s)
- Name Font configuration/implementation (Min 1 hours)

Summary & Totals
Spoiler:

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

Here is the final completed/updated project summary as discussed. No need to respond to this until your desired start date. We can revisit this around the 13th when you are ready.

Project summary

as discussed

Add004 Related work Overview
- Integrate 3rd partry edited/customised BS0 variant of the add004 system by Shiyokaukuge/tatsu into the lifebar/screenpack system.
- Client to supply a base for editing that includes the custom Add004 system from BurningSoul/MeteKhan, My Citrix Lifebars, and the Renegade screenpack.
- Implement inside the Renegade SP placeholder (supplied by client).
- Client does not require any changes to the add004 system itself (will be integrated as is at time of files being supplied)

Workload Roadmap

Initial & setup
- integrated Fight.def Template/raw files re-positioning and updated assets (powerbar) Spacing allocation/calculation/setup (min 1 hours)

Fight.def - Lifebar/powerbar Workload
- Existing Citrix lifebar system assets import and template setup (min 1 hours)
- Vector recreation of distorted/lowres frames/assets & Animation creation/style application (min 2 hours )
- Coding/HP/Meter range animation/calculation & positioning (min 1 hours )
- File conversion/import/ .sff compilation & Fight.def coding updates (min 1 hours)

Portrait System Workload
- Concept & design + PSD base template creation (1.5 hours)
- Additional port mode variant template creation (1 hours)

Icons/Font System Workload
- Win.Icon system Assets recreation/vectorisation & import/.sff compilation (1.5 hours)
- Updated Font system implementation/coding (1 hour/s)
- Name Font configuration/implementation (Min 1 hours)

Summary & Totals
Spoiler:

Alright, I've made the required donation of 50% upfront and I have the build here with the required files ready to go.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Thank you for donating to support Newagemugen.
I will now mark this planning thread as complete and generate a new active commission thread for this job and begin setting up the templates and organizing the download files as discussed.

All further correspondence relating to this project will be posted here:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum