Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Axilife add004 Lifebars Commission Request

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Hey everyone! After months of searching I could never find Hi Res looking 640x480 Lifebars besides the Fighting Jam V2 ones that I always use. I think it's time to bump the aesthetics of my MUGEN & get some custom made lifebars. I was redirected here by a friend of mine, checked you guys out, & I like what I see. I decided to post a commissions request on this forum so here I am! All further details on what I am looking for is in pdf drive below.

Details for the commission: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yay

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Axilife add004 Lifebars Commission Request 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Hey bro!
Props for posting up your request.
Good job adding a pdf, that answers alot of typical questions we ask straight off the bat.
If i wasnt balls deep in greyfox's full screenpack Commission id do it personally, but @exsirius or @zu will probably be down to look at this commission request for you.
I already sent the word out so you should hear back soon :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.negative-edge.net

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Axilife add004 Lifebars Commission Request 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Axilife wrote:Hey everyone! After months of searching I could never find Hi Res looking 640x480 Lifebars besides the Fighting Jam V2 ones that I always use. I think it's time to bump the aesthetics of my MUGEN & get some custom made lifebars. I was redirected here by a friend of mine, checked you guys out, & I like what I see. I decided to post a commissions request on this forum so here I am! All further details on what I am looking for is in pdf drive below.

Details for the commission: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yay

Hi Axilife,
I would be happy to fulfill this commission.
I read the PDF. I have a few notes & questions:

Unless somebody already showed you, please read the Commissions FAQs first:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It explains how Mugen commissions work and things to look out for such as scammers (in case you are looking at quotes elsewhere also).
We like to keep things as honest as possible in this community.

Axilife wrote:Theme: Blue, Red, & Silver
Axilife wrote:Lifebars should be on the slim side, giving it a cleaner & more organized look. Something like the following

No issue here. they can look however you like. Slim point duly noted. that sample image actually looks like one of our older commissions.
All I need are specifics:

- What parts of the bars do you want silver/blue/red?
- what color do you want the powerbar meter to be?
- what color do you want the undamaged HP to be (ie blue etc)?
- What color do you want the damage HP to be (ie red etc)?
- Do you have an existing favorite lifebar or design look you would like us to copy or make your bars look similar to?
 If you do, please show me some example pictures of it.

Axilife wrote:Font: Great Fighter & Vogue (I will provide the fonts since 1 of them is not free)
No issue here. Just need the specifics
- Where is vogue font used? Single mode name, simul/tag mode name. or team/turns mode name?
- Where is Great Fighter Font used?
- Do you want original 3d/stylized fonts created using these type fonts, or do you just want them to show in mugen as is, plain white, no color?

(There are 2 ways to use fonts in mugen: one way is to directly use the plain font file as it is - the txt will appear in white, in the selected font.
The 2nd way is to create custom style fonts using the supplied ttf (true type font), which is more work as you are creating a single png graphic image file for every single alphanumeric character, but it allows for colored text, 3d effect on txt, metallic textures, glow etc.)

Axilife wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Again no issue it can look however you want, just need specific details such as:

- Power meter at top of screen or bottom of screen?
(bottom usually recommended because allows for more graphic flexibility/less crowding in upper screen area, but either is fine)
- Color scheme - where/how you want your red blue silver used on the power bars?
- Can you show an example of the closest existing bar (mugen or commercial videogame/other) aesthetic style that you want, as a rough guide?
- Do you want the power meter charge level limited to 3 levels, or Max level set to 5 levels?
- Do you want animated energy bars, or non animated?

Axilife wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- No problem. easily replicated.
 This tells me that you are not using a custom portrait system in your screenpack, so there's nothing needed to discuss here.
Everything will be created to account for the 3 different lifebar design configurations.

Axilife wrote:Budget is $110 (This does not mean I will pay $110, the final cost must make sense & be reasonable with
the amount of work put in.)
Thank you for clarifying. As per the commission guide, the community flat rate here is 18.00 USD per hour.
A budget of 110 allows for 6.11 hours of commission work.
We will review/negotiate total cost/work once we have finalized all your requirements.

Axilife wrote:Lifebars should look Hi-Res (aesthetics are very important to me)
Axilife wrote:Screenpack is 640x480
Duly noted. The look/resolution of the lifebars is restricted by the native resolution of the screenpack.
a 640x480 screenpack means the maximum lifebar sprite dimensions that can be used will be native 640x480.

I will mention this anyway, in the past some people have asked to have HD lifebars made for their 640x480 screenpacks.
This is done by increasing the mugen resolution to 1280x960 (HD 4:3 mode aka Double Hires).
It lets you make lifebars for a 640x480 screenpack in 1280x960 resolution - twice the pixel depth of 640x480 - so they are basically 1280x720p lifebars but fit inside 4:3 resolution.
It is more work and more expensive because involves tweaking the screenpack code to fit the new resolution, and allow for HD lifebars, but the end result is quite spectacular.
(Probably not something to think about now considering your budget, but maybe a thought for the future)

Axilife wrote:Screenpack does not have anything related to add004 yet (which means I will need help implementing it
into my pack)
No issue. Add004 is an extra feature. you have 2 options here:

Option A: We add it in for you. It would be treated the same as a "design" as per our commission price guide & added to the final cost.
Implementation of add004 into the existing screenpack/new lifebar system would be a minimum 1 hour charge.
You just need to supply your screenpack and we will do the rest. It would be set up so you don't need to do/change anything, nice and easy.
There are only 2 things you will be required to do differently in mugen once you are using it.
1. There is an included patcher that is used to add the add004 features to your character such as score and tag mode.
2. There ill be a new .exe file that you use to open add004 mugen instead of the normal mugen.exe file. Plain and simple.

Option B: We don't add it, but instead create an FAQ/tutorial guide on how to use it, add it etc. This would be more expensive/less practical than option A because it will take additional time to compile notes, furthermore most resources on how to use it are available throughout the wider mugen community I would assume.

As a disclaimer I should mention in advance that AD004 is an intermediate/advanced mugen addon and has many customizable features.
If you required any post-commission tech support for it, this would also have to be either at cost via a support commission, or through independent research via the wider mugen help forums. (we have to add this because in the past some people have asked for it and not understood how it works)

END

I hope that I did not miss anything.
Sorry for the long reply but it is standard practice here so nothing is overlooked.
If you could get back to me/reply RE: the questions and notes above, or any other questions you may have, we will proceed

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Axilife add004 Lifebars Commission Request 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

I was about to jump in but it looks like EX already has things under control Twisted Evil

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAMTron

NAMTron

Axilife add004 Lifebars Commission Request RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

request cancelled by client. moving to graveyard

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum