Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system

+8
HmmmLawnmower
Phant0mD
CancerManXIII
Balelynx
Oxocube
lunalucard55
NK3s
✴Ex-Sirius✴
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

This looks like the perfect SP for character collectors.
It would be great for JUS builds.
One question: you posted in the earlier project sections that this version is an edit of the custom portrait version and that this version will not have a winner screen with win quote menu.
Would ever you consider adding this?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

NK3s wrote:It looks very good.
It's going well. Thanks for the great job.

Thank you my friend.
And also thank you for your patience.
I have dedicate additional hours to this project to increase the quality so it can be still visually epic even without the custom HD portrait version.

SuperWhiskey wrote:This looks like the perfect SP for character collectors.
It would be great for JUS builds.
One question: you posted in the earlier project sections that this version is an edit of the custom portrait version and that this version will not have a winner screen with win quote menu.
Would ever you consider adding this?

Thank you SuperWhiskey i appreciate it.
It may be a good choice for collections because there are plenty of slots available.
This version that is commissioned by NK3s does not include the victory Win Quote screen because it is not one of his requirements.
However this does not mean I would not consider creating one if someone wanted to also sponsor this addon feature.
it is quite an easy and short modification and would only perhaps be a few hours additional work, so yes it is something I would consider.

GRAYFOX wrote:Your really on fire with the style, that your going for. The vibrant colors, blend very well it captures the theme. I wonder if, we can contribute to play with this masterpiece. I will be sharing my stuff, as long as it helps the cause. Keep up the awesome detailed work my friend.

Thank you Grayfox.
Regarding access, all Gold saint donating forum members will automatically have access much like some of the other community commission projects here. There will also be the option for other members to donate to play the NK3s Edition when complete.

There are however still 5 parts of this project which are not included in this NK3s Edition which have not yet been commissioned:

- Victory Win Quote screen
- Game Over Screen
- Credits Screen
- Arcade Mode Victory screen
- Continue screen

because NK3s does not require them for this version, and creepytarantino did not either.
If you were interested in a version which included these items, we could discuss adding those features and any specific requests you may have.
Or as an alternative option, you can donate to access the NK3s edition when this select screen os complete because I will add a link when it is done.
I hope that helps.

Now that I have answered all your questions, I will showcase what I am now working on which is the Team mode select Fonts.

I am designing the layout first and the graphics will follow

GRAYFOX, lunalucard55 and NK3s like this post

NK3s

NK3s

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

It is great that anyone can access it if they donate.
I hope many mugen users will use it and remember that mugen is still a great thing.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Done some comprehensive work on the font system for team mode select.
I will be using a few tricks that Phantom d taught me that most people dont know about or use, which will allow you to have an animated Team mode select system instead of just static fonts.
I have made the base artwork now I have to fine tune the text and positioning and coding to make it all work then I can animate it

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

After 10 painstaking hours,
I have finally managed to implement something very cool i want to show you all.
First though let me explain something about the Mugen Team Select Font System.

Mugen does not support animation for the Team Menu select via default.
You have to use Fonts.
Also, Mugen does not support Font layerno, or font.scale for system.def fonts.
This means you cannot add 4K sprites or super high quality fonts that are higher than the localcoord.
This is not an issue if you only use a 720p resolution monitor, but it is not so great if you want to enjoy your mugen in 2160p or 1080p and have Ultra High Definition resolution sprites.

Also The only options default mugen has, is a blinking effect by choosing an active/noon active font with a color value added to the 4th-6th parameter in font coding.

But.....
By using a few nifty tricks PD taught me, and a bit of trial and error on my part,
I have managed to find a work around for all of these problems.
I would like to show you the Animated HD Team Menu select system i have created
This took me 10 hours to do this part.
The animation is extremely detailed and because streamable video only allows 720p i had to compress it so the video doesn't do it justice.
It looks amazing in 2160p so im sure you will enjoy the real deal when it is complete:

Now I have to create the Player 2 side version using the same mechanics.
Once that is done, I can finish off the rest of the select screen graphics because all the technical features are now finished.

GRAYFOX, Balelynx and lunalucard55 like this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

My man, say no more. I will drop you some coins just cause. We support our members, who put in hard works like you and many others. You have set the bar high, I love the attention to detail, you have added to it.. Keep pu.ping out them crazy, eye candy mind blowing ideas. You my friend are, a blast of dynamite.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Phant0mD, Balelynx, ✴Ex-Sirius✴ and lunalucard55 like this post

Balelynx

Balelynx

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)

Well i'll be damned..
The overall design on this is amazing my friend, very breathtaking and chic!
The soundtrack, the looks, the style is really really a full 3 course dinner:study: study
I can't wait to see what else you have installed for this.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I appreciate your kind thoughts and I will continue to do my best to support this community and keep it alive and do my best to provide unique and highest quality for you all to enjoy.
The second animated font did not take as many hours because I was able to reuse most of the coding and rearrange some of the graphics but the animations and artwork are mostly all unique.
Now we have the green contrasting the purple to tribute to Creepytarantinos vison. It is sad he is not still here to see how far his project has come since we started it last year at christmas time.

Now that this is done I can work on the visual effects and other elements of the select screen as we draw closer to completing this.

Last edited by ✴Ex-Sirius✴ on Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type error)

GRAYFOX, Phant0mD, lunalucard55 and NK3s like this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's what im fuarrrkin talking about cuzz, thats sick as a mothafooker.
I'm glad to yet again see my textures came handy lmao.
Tbh, to my knowledge I don't think there is any SP in existence that even utilizes the anim fnt trick let alone knows abt it.
Most ppl assume you need Ikemen for all that Jazz.
Thats the problem, and Ive said this on numerous occasions - people really dont be using Mugen to its full potential! Dat behind

GRAYFOX and ✴Ex-Sirius✴ like this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

lunalucard55

lunalucard55

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)

crazy animation, incredible drawing, I can't wait to see the animation there will be in the background.

Flame mist with the power of lightning ...

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Phant0mD wrote:BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm glad to yet again see my textures came handy lmao.

Thanks as always I really appreciate those.
I was actually a bit pretentious on the grid texture because I didnt want to use the ones I know you used on that other screenpack you showed ne incase it looked like it was a paste and copy of your work.

lunalucard55 wrote:crazy animation, incredible drawing, I can't wait to see the animation there will be in the background.
Thankyou Lunalucard55
I promise it will look very good and you will enjoy playing it.

I am now working on the Select screen opener intro - this is the first thing you see when you enter the select screen.
It may have  a "select your character" message or something like in marvel vs capcom 2 if that makes sense.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Just another incremential update on the select screen intro graphics.
The panels will all open up at the start of entering the select menu and go off screen like an vault door.
Similar to what I did with the VS screen

lunalucard55 and NK3s like this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

So I have done half of the animation for the intro sequence and we are extremely close to completion minus a few small additions.

I still need to add some text animation to the intro for a "select your character" and some small details to the remaining select screen Background and borders to give it the arcade feel.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Well I am happy to say that the NK3s edition is now complete.
I have added the remaining elements to the select screen, and completed the intro screen animation:

I will be making an official release topic shortly - in the meantime, links will be sent to all goldsaint members before I close this off.

Now that the NK3s version is complete, I would like to mention a few important details:

Special thanks:

- Lunalucard55 for sponsoring a lot of extra work on this screenpack
- NK3s for finishing most of the missing parts of this project
- Creepytarantino for starting this project to begin with, especially the lifebars

Whats left to do in possible future versions/Pending work:

- Game over screen (not included in NK3s version - currently not commissioned)
- Victory Win quote screen (not included in NK3s version - currently not commissioned)
- Custom Portrait version (not included in NK3s version - cancelled by creepytarantino/currently not commissioned)

I will be creating a new topic for this screenpack shortly in case anyone is interested in commissioning the final parts.

Until then, this will remain a closed Beta to the public excluding gold saint members.
Here is the Gold Saint Member download link for now. password/Links will be sent via the server to all gold saint members:

Goldsaint member DOWNLOAD LINK
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GRAYFOX, CancerManXIII, Oxocube and NK3s like this post

lunalucard55

lunalucard55

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)

man, this screenpack and a bomb, with beautiful life bars and a logo that slams a real explosion of color and a very arcade rendering, I love it, thank you very much ✴Ex-Sirius✴ and Phant0mD, you really assured and thanks to creepytarantino and NK3s thanks a lot guys.

Flame mist with the power of lightning ...

CancerManXIII and NK3s like this post

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Well I am happy to say that the NK3s edition is now complete.
I have added the remaining elements to the select screen, and completed the intro screen animation:

I will be making an official release topic shortly - in the meantime, links will be sent to all goldsaint members before I close this off.

Now that the NK3s version is complete, I would like to mention a few important details:

Special thanks:

- Creepytarantino for starting this project to begin with, especially the lifebars

- Victory Win quote screen (not included in NK3s version - currently not commissioned)
- Custom Portrait version (not included in NK3s version - cancelled by creepytarantino/currently not commissioned)

I will be creating a new topic for this screenpack shortly in case anyone is interested in commissioning the final parts.

Until then, this will remain a closed Beta to the public excluding gold saint members.
Here is the Gold Saint Member download link for now. password/Links will be sent via the server to all gold saint members:

Avsolute SAVAGENESS bro, this is insane!
This goes off the charts in terms of epicality my guy - How much time did this all take!?
Definitely big props to you, @phantomD, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], @PhantomD, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and anyoneelse involved in making this happen man.
If theres any other ways we can help you out bro just hollar.
For the additional screens, how much extra work is required to add all that stuff you mentioned?

GRAYFOX and NK3s like this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

As always, thank you all of you for your kind words.

I would say considering this project originally started at christmas last year,
Adding all the designs and additional time with animations and updates plus the extra work behind the scenes, I would say well over 100-120 hours easily.
The fight.def and fonts are surprisingly the most time consuming things out of everything.
Not the menu screens.

Once I hear from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and can confirm they have recieved the link and password, I will close off this project topic and create a new one to discuss in detail the remaining work required, but it is not much at all, maybe 10 hours worth.
There are some additional thing I personally would like to add here and there aswell which would only improve things however it will depend on timing and if it something people want or not as there are already other new big projects I am discussing with others currently.
So let me know your thoughts guys.

NK3s likes this post

NK3s

NK3s

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)

This has been the best select screen for me.
The graphics and background music are by far the highest quality.
And now that I have a much larger number of slots, I can now resume my character collection.

This completes all the parts I requested.
Thanks to this, the screen is so beautiful and cool that it is hard to believe it is mugen.
Thanks to Ex-sirius San and Phant0mD San for their great work.
And lunalucard55 San also thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by NK3s on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

This is by far the one of the best works, I have seen from you. The title screen and select screen are very gorgeous indeed. This is defiantly something to enjoy, I have my popcorn ready. We need to all, put our money in the pot, and complete this beast. Good job mate, I need to dl to give my 2cents.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Once again thank you all.
It was great working with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thank you Lunalucard55 for all your extra support too. Altogether, we have together made a wonderful screenpack with over 100 hours ($1800) worth of work at a high quality for our amazing Gold Saint members.

To summarize, there are still the following modifications requiring completion to make this a 100% complete Screenpack:

- Victory Winquote Screen design
- Victory Winquote Font System
- character Select Screen updates/additions
- Game Over Screen
- Continue Screen.

If anyone is interested in commissioning the final steps, please drop a comment here in the link below:

I will now closr and mark this as complete.

GRAYFOX likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ok I see, regarding what I said in the pm. Talking the rest of the needed works. Also, the commission to complete it.

Oxocube

Oxocube

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Well I am happy to say that the NK3s edition is now complete.

Special thanks:

This is fantastic my friend!
What an amazing and vibrant screenpack - its very convinient for me because I dont use custom portraits and I can just drag and drop and everything fits nicely!
Thank you to everyone that contributed to making this wonder happen!

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

MagistusMoon

MagistusMoon

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics

straight fiiiiyyyyaaaa like usual.... might need to donate towards the outstanding work at some point headbang

germanr007

germanr007

[Completed Commission]Astral Heat EX Screenpack /LEGACYADD004 Custom Mod for NK3s - Part002 and Part003 - Options Screen & VS Screen system - Page 3 GlDVwFc
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges

This screenpack is SO Wonderful! When I saw the video on Youtube I had the nostalgia of feeling old, and see how Mugen improved. This screenpack made me return to the Mugen community.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

germanr007 wrote:This screenpack is SO Wonderful! When I saw the video on Youtube I had the nostalgia of feeling old, and see how Mugen improved. This screenpack made me return to the Mugen community.

thank you for your kind words.
this is an old topic.
the continued progress of this project you can follow here as it is still getting updates periodically:

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum