Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting Closer to the FINAL closing of my Awakened Terry project

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeMoNk@I

DeMoNk@I

Getting Closer to the FINAL closing of my Awakened Terry project 49283851498_0631820187_o
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank

Old (late 2011)

Most recent (2012)

what up forum. Figured to share whats the latest on this long processed project. A homie told me to pass thru here so i said f*ck it why not.

Release date? none but hes 95% complete so that should be fairly soon unless something comes up in my life again where i have to put the mugen hobby on pause again.

Beta releases? hell no. ive learned to stop doing that. No one cares about a beta in the public ive learned. And a person telling folks "Its not finished. im stilling learning and things will get better the more i learn" goes on deaf ears for some reason in the mugen community.

Will he be for mugen 1.0? yes but later after release. One patch and thats it.

Will the AI be good? yes. actually he f*cks up a lot of characters now. Thanks to jay jay and that one RYO video he did eons ago when my terry had a charge up spaz attack Pissed . little did he know he made a situation worse Twisted Evil . so now my beta testers be like...well damn man hes ridiculous! lol but nah CPU vs CPU you will get a show for sure Thumbs Up . vs human? well ill let you figure it out :pirat: . Lets just say i toned him down. at first he could beat nightmare geese but then one of my code advisors said "you dont want to make him un beatable, that geese is cheap as fuck Thumb down ". so i said yeh good point. so my terry when it comes to AI rivals. Vyns ken. Pots characters. Mr Buckus characters. Rajjaa and my young homie infinites characters. I dont care to impress folks with AI anymore. Hes good ENOUGH in that area. Have fun trying to beat em....ill send you a bag of weed cookies by fed ex What a Face

Will he have a lot of supers and moves? yes a shit load. supers. specials. Ex moves. Counters. parry attacks. They all pack a punch. he has a damage dampener put in now too. currently im trying to adjust that better.

Air combos? yes. ive perfected that after V2 beta release thanks to sabaki and Mr infinite big time for giving me that extra lil push i needed thankfully. V1 beta i was trying to make that happen but i just couldnt nail it at the time Pissed . Reza was cool enough to try and start me off though.

Special intros? yes but not many since i didnt collab with any creators and their characters for custom intros. But you may see some cool amusing ones.

Well thats it on this whole Awakened Terry shit. The Original name was Legendary Wolf. he will be called that upon release. A friend gave me that "Awakened terry" name a long time ago when i first started. Ill let my past Betas run with that name since i wasnt at my best then.

ight that explains everything laters

https://sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen/

G

G

Getting Closer to the FINAL closing of my Awakened Terry project OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

Nice to see you're still working on it. Though, I have to personally say I don't agree with part of your post here:

DeMoNk@I wrote:
Beta releases? hell no. ive learned to stop doing that. No one cares about a beta in the public ive learned. And a person telling folks "Its not finished. im stilling learning and things will get better the more i learn" goes on deaf ears for some reason in the mugen community.

I think that If you beta release, and actually take the feedback given while ignoring all of the negative responses It'd be just fine. There are many character creators who would give feedback to your character to help improve it regardless of its gameplay, its author or its errors. You just have to take it the right way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://www.newagemugen.com/

Dissidia

Dissidia

Getting Closer to the FINAL closing of my Awakened Terry project 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

I see Terry has woken up again from about a year now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://sites.google.com/site/dissidiamugen/

DeMoNk@I

DeMoNk@I

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

@GLB:
I said that for a reason. Too many @sshole punk bitch behind the pc comments instead of real technical feedback. Remember i released V1 & V2 BETAS and instead of me getting most people to show love and give real feedback and take notice that at least V2 was a step up i got the troll face. i was annoyed for a while but when i saw a lot of other good authors getting retarded flames for nothing i said nah fuck the public with betas. Besides this is the final version and the best i care to do with the project anyway.

But one consistent creator who released a lot of cool creations stepped up and offered the beta support and hes been loyal ever since V2. He saw my potential. then i got 4 other loyal homies who test stuff and give me positive or negative feed back. thats all you need. Loyal testers and no leaks of your character. when i release my character i expect flames here and there but the positive on my creativity and progress learning more will weigh out the trolls so i dont need to release betas anymore. ill just follow in Vyns, pots and buckus foot steps. keep my own site (which i have) and just update it from there and dont speak much in forums. NO BETAS. Too many non talented trolls than artists. me and you both know that man. i havent forgotten when you used to get flames and dissed for no reason at MFG and it clearly showed you were trying to get better. Im pretty sure youd rather hear Ex shadows opinions on stage progress than 25 trolls bitchin...right or wrong?

@Dissidia: yep and woke up pissing too....HIIIIII Dissidia :cheers: !!! *piss piss*

G

G

Getting Closer to the FINAL closing of my Awakened Terry project OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

Yes. I've been flamed in the past. That however helped me become better because within those posts perceived as flame was feedback. I understand there's posting with intention to insult a creator, and there's giving rather jarring feedback. Is it nice? No, probably not. But most of the time, it gets results, you know? I wouldn't let a couple of negative posters ruin my chance to become better (if that's really what I wanted to do.) I'd continue to post and apply all of the given feedback. To say that there's never constructive criticism and always flaming posts seems a bit exaggerated to me.

https://www.newagemugen.com/

DeMoNk@I

DeMoNk@I

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

I never said theres never constructive criticism. i pretty much said in other words there wasnt enough real feedback out there and it was more troll flaming nonsense going on. i didnt exaggerate that. Its the truth when it comes to the community and certain sites and you know it. Depending on how popular or well liked your works are. Its who can digest the BS the most before they get a real answer of help. I just decided to stop sharing actual downloads of my work in progress (aka Beta) thats all^^

As for them ruining me not wanting to get better...lol nah not all man. Trust me bro youd be surprised who tested my terry out already. im not saying this will be the best terry ever but folks out there will definitely see the mark i was trying to make.

As for using flames to make me better? well i did that already. the silly videos from a couple random users and Jay jays one video way back alone made me step up big time on the AI. lets put it like this i had an issue with his AI charging up too much in V2 beta and i had a hard time fixing it. I was already aware of it. Instead of Jay jumping in a thread saying "yo Kai he charges up way too much leaving him wide open to get beat on". This dude makes a video of that and it basically attracts nothin but trolls seeing my terry in a bad light thus spreading more negative insulting feedback smh. not cool man. Now Kojiro badass new Fuuma character has that same AI issue but will i make a video whipping on him ridiculous with a pots Character or Mr infinite? no...its not cool..it looks personal like i singled him out....thats my point. But like i told my testers at the time. Its cool though. i sorta thank him for that because after that video came out a lot of folks with experience hit me up wanting to help guide me to get better and i pushed harder on AI coding since then. So im good on that subject of the Betas GLB Thumbs Up

laters

Last edited by DeMoNk@I on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Sir Lord Alpyne

Sir Lord Alpyne

Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

i'm just hatin' cuz you've been here for 2 seconds & already got a rep point! it's not faaaaaaaaaairrrrrrr!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i, for 1, can see [& have seen] both side to the beta debate, but meh. it still comes down to 1 kreator's particular experience versus another's, & how they handle it. but at tha end of tha day, as long as tha kreator didn't go into an all-out-rage-fest, & they still learn'd & was motivated in a constructive versus destructive way, then both paths taken here are valid. sometimes you can wade thru some bullshit to get to what truly matters; other times it's too much bullshit to wade thru & you just gotta find/kreate another path to reach your goal. seems legit.

i'm glad to see ya here my dude, & i see great things for tha Wolf, & i know i'm gonna have an absolute blast with him when he drops! keep grindin' it out god [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke

DeMoNk@I

DeMoNk@I

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Well said Alpyne^^....

Currently im trying figure out fixing some AI errors. ill probably nail it sooner or later. ill sweat it out figuring out the issue before i ask one of my technical testers how can i go about it.

Basically im trying to get him to run back on screen accurately like how Vyns Ken does perfectly when he hits an enemy off screen. theres probably some extra strings of codes i have in that makes it not do it or a random set number i have to fine tune better. He does it but not enough accurately. I definitely dont want to release my character like that.

But eh im getting there though. when it comes to ass whippins at times he whips out Mr Buckus Asura with a perfect and his Scorp. Both are damn good AI coded characters btw.

Fight on and kill the fight!!

DeMoNk@I

DeMoNk@I

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

last video to post here folks...

Just showing a dose of the AI progress ive been stabbing at for a very long time since V2. I also pretty much nailed that AI issue of his run to engage the apponent. Now he chases them down pretty decent how i like it. eh i can still get better but anyway like i said before i dont get worse. i get better from the more i learn^^ That raiden Character btw is a beast on AI so dont sleep on the video. My terry just put in work on him that time. usually they tussle 50 50 wins.

Again pardon the video lag in game action of course is way cleaner...somethings u may notice in the video of course is subject to be tweaked as usual

and yes ive given a dirty edge to a few things...

Sir Lord Alpyne

Sir Lord Alpyne

Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

"feel the storm.....IT'S COMIN'!"

& i. can't. wait. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke

DeMoNk@I

DeMoNk@I

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Concerning the video. I fixed today the custom hit error you see in the video. If you notice, Raiden vanishes a bit a few secs after the first Big hit. That was my custom guard crush trigger doing that.

So all that is clean now and all the characters react in animation properly.

I also coded and animated in his Cheap hit state KO

and hes animations to react to pots characters where when you grab him he breaks free.

Sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow i will code in a Guard Crush state for him to react to. I have one of course for him to deal one but i dont have one for him to react to others who have it....

If i get lucky enough i may code in a midnight bliss custom reaction too. I may have to either sprite edit myself or summon up one of my comrads to do it...

I want this to be an all around fun character to experience. But eh we will see...

Fight on and kill the fight!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum