Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book suggestions

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Book suggestions Empty Book suggestions Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 pm

G

G

Book suggestions OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

I'm not sure about anyone else. But in my spare time I love to read, so this thread is pretty much for anyone else that likes reading. If you'd like to suggest a book to read post a picture of the cover and give a description on the book and give it a rating out of 5, and remember you can't judge a book by it's cover! study

My suggestions:

Tyrell:

Book suggestions 0439838800_01__SX220_SCLZZZZZZZ_

Nothing is working for Tyrell. His father has been sent to jail again, and his mother, unwilling or unable to take responsibility for the family, has lost their apartment, leaving them homeless. Unable to get homeless housing because of the mother's previous attempts to scam the system, Tyrell, his self-centered mother, and his younger brother end up being placed in a single room in a roach-infested motel with no provision for food, and seemingly no way out. Tyrell, trying the best a young teen can to provide for his family and keep his brother out of foster care, drops out of school.
Though he is not above petty crime to buy food, Tyrell resists his mother's efforts to push him into selling drugs. Instead he pins all of his hopes on planning an underground party -- with the money he can make there he hopes to get his family an apartment. But to pull it off he has to rely on others, few of whom are reliable, and most of whom are only out for themselves.

My rating on Tyrell = 4.5/5. It was a very good book and can relate to many young people that are having a hard time in life.

Heavy Metal and you:

Book suggestions Heavy_Metal_and_You

Sam, a teenage boy, is into heavy metal music and partying with his friends. His life seems to be going along fine, and then he meets Melissa. Sam refers to her as a “goddess,” “amazing,” “beautiful,” incredible,” and on and on. He is truly in love and wants to spend as much time as possible with her. Meanwhile, his friends are feeling neglected and are not very enthusiastic about Sam’s relationship with Melissa.

My rating, 3/5. Great book, but it's your typical school yard drama and is a bit over exaggerated. I did enjoy it though.

Juvee Three:

Book suggestions Juvie3

Gecko Fosse drove the getaway car for another of his brother Ruben’s thieving escapades. Arjay Moran fought back against some bullies, and one was killed accidentally after a punch. Terence Florian planned a robbery that others in a Chicago gang he wanted to join committed. All are in lockup and miserable.Douglas Healy designed a pilot program for juvenile offenders. These three are chosen to live with him in an apartment, go to school, attend therapy sessions and be involved in community service. One slip-up and the boys will go back to prison.

My rating, 4/5. Great book and I couldn't sleep or do anything without knowing that I would finish this book soon.

I will have more suggestions after more people post some of theirs.

study

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Book suggestions XqZWtLC
https://www.newagemugen.com/

2Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

Book suggestions 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)

Have you read Cell by Stephen king?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Book suggestions AyumiFANFTW
http://newagemugen.forumotion.com/forum.htm

3Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:56 pm

G

G

Book suggestions OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

No I haven't. What's it about?

Book suggestions XqZWtLC

4Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:50 am

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Basically about a group who try to find a sanctuary after a near the end of the world incident.

What if a pulse sent out through cell phones turned every person using one of them into a zombie-like killing machine? That's what happens on page six of King's latest, a glib, technophobic but compelling look at the end of civilization—or at what may turn into a new, extreme, telepathically enforced fascism. Those who are not on a call at the time of the pulse (and who don't reach for their phones to find out what is going on) remain "normies." One such is Clayton Riddell, an illustrator from Kent Pond, Maine, who has just sold some work in Boston when the pulse hits. Clay's single-minded attempt to get back to Maine, where his estranged wife, Sharon, and young son, Johnny-Gee, may or may not have been turned into "phoners" (as those who have had their brains wiped by the pulse come to be called) comprises the rest of the plot. King's imagining of what is more or less post-Armageddon Boston is rich, and the sociological asides made by his characters along the way—Clay travels at first with two other refugees—are jaunty and witty. The novel's three long set pieces are all pretty gory, but not gratuitously so, and the book holds together in signature King style. Fans will be satisfied and will look forward to the next King release, Lisey's Story, slated for October

5Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:38 pm

G

G

Book suggestions OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Sounds interesting, i'll check it out.

Book suggestions XqZWtLC

6Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm

G

G

Book suggestions OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

I read that a loooooong time ago, very good book.

Book suggestions XqZWtLC

7Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

QuickSilver wrote:Hatchet.
why does everyone say hatchet?

8Book suggestions Empty Re: Book suggestions Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 pm

G

G

Book suggestions OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

It's a very common book.

Book suggestions XqZWtLC

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum