Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character

+4
SuperWhiskey
Vermilion Spy
MangoSauce
xPreatorianx
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character SPOGNVp
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

Hey everyone, old school club syn and IMT member. I'm racking my head around getting this character to work in Syn's old SP (CS-X) The character is God Akuma by Plaza. Everything with him works besides his evil ryu move. Whenever you do the shun goku satsu input after the initial move, the game crashes. I believe it's something to do with the states in the command file after you've patched him for the SP. But I simply can't find out which one it is.

Character link : https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=76814-god-akuma-pots-plaza-shadow-leo-

SP link for the patches and patcher program : https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=121976-cs-x-mugen-screenpack-syn

Command for God Akuma : B,db,d,df,f y+z
Right before move connects/when move connects (you;ll have to find timing) : shun goku satsu input :x,x,f,a,z

Thank you guys for any help you provide. Btw the forum is sick! Getting back into mugen and I think I found my new home!!

MangoSauce

MangoSauce

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
Taunting The Devil (Gold)
Newagemugen Member for Over 7 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

I remember Syns Sp good times.
one problem dude, those links dont work.
It forces you to create an account to download due to size limit.
maybe post a mediafire link or megalink and i'll check it out

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Need help with Syn's old SP and a character I2Dg5Fs

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hi xPreatorianx

Without seeing the bug in progress it is hard to say the exact cause, also as OP has mentioned,

but try debug mode to see what error messages appear.
Also, check what statenos are being used by both the character unpatched and patched.

It is possible that some actionnos or states or something else are duplicated or being used in more than one place which can cause these types of issues, but i digress.

Please provide alternate links to said files via a direct download link (no springboarding links req logins etc) if you can.

Would it be possible for you to do the following:

1.Paste the code from the cmd file before and after the patching
2.confirm what mugen version you are using
3.post a short video of the crash happening
4.post any debug mode data/error logs data you have on crash if available

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Bronze)

MangoSauce wrote:I remember Syns Sp good times.
one problem dude, those links dont work.
It forces you to create an account to download due to size limit.
maybe post a mediafire link or megalink and i'll check it out

Shit guys I'm sorry, I didn't even think about the fact those links could be kept behind a login prompt. I'll do as much of the suggested as I can now. I'll edit this post after I'm done.

Screenpack with patched char : https://www.mediafire.com/file/av5bodgwfyr66do/Cs-X-Mugen.rar/file

Unpatched char : https://www.mediafire.com/file/hwjx42n0kiaytel/GodAkuma%25281%2529.zip/file
Patched Char : https://www.mediafire.com/file/b11n2i5i62rht1b/GodAkuma_Patched.rar/file

Unpatched CMD : https://pastebin.com/SNP0qJ3J

Patched CMD : https://pastebin.com/BXgEh5nj

Crash video : https://www.mediafire.com/file/f3ng199zxo627xi/Desktop+2023.02.09+-+14.04.05.03.mp4/file

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

funfact:

Anyway, i was able to download the mediafire link and i tested it.
I watched the video too and i see the bug happening.
i was able to replicate it and It does the same for me.

I just realized you're using Winmugen not Mugen 1.1.
Also i forgot about syns screenpack how it had custom patches that broke some poorly coded characters. thats gonna be a tricky one. you may be up the proverbial sh*t creek with no paddle.
But here are some suggestions to try as a bare minimum:

1.error checking
Unpatch godakuma->open in fighter factory->click project tab->check errors->fix everything you possibly can. some will require research if you are unsure of the bugs like syntax errors and stuff.

2.duplicate values in animations or statenos or something
Something in the lash codes is inteferring with the shungokusatsu or the other move or the changestate.
you will need to look at all states and animations and IDs related to those 2 moves.
Its possible that something added in the cmd file by the lash.exe is conflicting with something related to those 2 moves. you will need to notepad deep dive on all the definitions and codes and statedef added by the patch and see if anything is using numbers that relate to those moves.

The other thing to try is to convert everything to mugen 1.1 and see if it still happens

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character FXzcO3r

xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Bronze)

SuperWhiskey wrote:
funfact:

Anyway, i was able to download the mediafire link and i tested it.
I watched the video too and i see the bug happening.
i was able to replicate it and It does the same for me.

I just realized you're using Winmugen not Mugen 1.1.
Also i forgot about syns screenpack how it had custom patches that broke some poorly coded characters. thats gonna be a tricky one. you may be up the proverbial sh*t creek with no paddle.
But here are some suggestions to try as a bare minimum:

1.error checking
Unpatch godakuma->open in fighter factory->click project tab->check errors->fix everything you possibly can. some will require research if you are unsure of the bugs like syntax errors and stuff.

2.duplicate values in animations or statenos or something
Something in the lash codes is inteferring with the shungokusatsu or the other move or the changestate.
you will need to look at all states and animations and IDs related to those 2 moves.
Its possible that something added in the cmd file by the lash.exe is conflicting with something related to those 2 moves. you will need to notepad deep dive on all the definitions and codes and statedef added by the patch and see if anything is using numbers that relate to those moves.

The other thing to try is to convert everything to mugen 1.1 and see if it still happens

That sounds like a blast (I'm being sarcastic.) In the event all this deep diving becomes just too bothersome to screw with, can I just comment out the commands?

Will the AI still be able to do the move?

As everything else on the character works besides that move. So if I can essentially bypass the move, that would be a good alternate solution. As I have to have those patches for the char to work with the SP. And until I fully dive into 1.1, I doubt I'm gonna find a replacement SP I like. (Plus the fact I'm not even sure how many of my chars are converted for 1.1 or how difficult it is to convert chars myself if someone didn't already do so.) As I'm brand new to 1.1. So in a perfect world, I'd like to keep both installs and slowly move over characters when time allows. (2 kids, and a 3rd on the way. Hobby time is in VERY short supply.)

PS: If I decide to go down the rabbit hole of converting everything to 1.1, how difficult is that? As I Syn's SP has a lot of custom stuff. Plus I have his interactive stages. So I'm sure it's not going to be easy, if any of it functions at all without a complete rewrite which is completely out of my wheel house.

PPS: Also thank you for at least a direction to go in. I'll mess around with the error checking tonight. But I know Plaza wasn't the best coder in the world. I'm sure there's going to be numerous errors. Good edit of a char, poor implementation. Functional but not elegant.

Oxocube likes this post

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

i think i remember someone was remaking that screenpack HD edition but I could be wrong.
It was a good screenpack very nostalgic

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 5a600110_800x600

Oxocube

Oxocube

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

-Metal SK- wrote:i think i remember someone was remaking that screenpack HD edition but I could be wrong.
It was a good screenpack very nostalgic

I think you would be referring to this my friend

I believe our good friend my D was working on it

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character WEOuZsG

Phant0mD likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Guilty as charged XD!
Yeah that was back when Syn created Negative-edge.net and me & Gen were trying to rebuild things over there but then obviously in classic Syn Fashion, he closed the site for maintenance lol!

I think he back up and running again. Before we started working on Darkstalkers vs SF and Battlecry retribution this was gonna be the next mega project.
I still have all the files lol, but unless its via commission it may not ever see the light of day lol who knows

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Bronze)

Phant0mD wrote:Guilty as charged XD!
Yeah that was back when Syn created Negative-edge.net and me & Gen were trying to rebuild things over there but then obviously in classic Syn Fashion, he closed the site for maintenance lol!

I think he back up and running again. Before we started working on Darkstalkers vs SF and Battlecry retribution this was gonna be the next mega project.
I still have all the files lol, but unless its via commission it may not ever see the light of day lol who knows

What's your commission rate?

NAMTron

NAMTron

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

xPreatorianx wrote:
Phant0mD wrote:Guilty as charged XD!

What's your commission rate?

Hi xPreatorianx

The std flat rate for Team Newagemugen commission services (Mugen/graphic design/logo design/codin assistance etc) is 18.00 USD/hour.
Our forum has a detailed commission guide if you require more information on the subject/services offered:

General pricing info:
https://www.newagemugen.com/t4214-complete-beginners-guide-to-mugen-commissions-part-5-what-do-commissions-cost-and-why

RE: how to request a commission:
https://www.newagemugen.com/t4215-how-to-request-a-mugen-commission

Need help with Syn's old SP and a character 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum