Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LifeBar question.

+2
✴Ex-Sirius✴
Ralaco
6 posters

When watching Mugen fights, do you prefer to see the life bars?

LifeBar question.  Vote_lcap89%LifeBar question.  Vote_rcap 89% [ 8 ]
LifeBar question.  Vote_lcap11%LifeBar question.  Vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LifeBar question.  Empty LifeBar question. Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:27 pm

Ralaco

Ralaco

LifeBar question.  32795826767_bd9bc92b05_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Hype Beast (Silver)
Recieved 30 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Personally, I feel there are some merits for either side. I am curious about others' input.

-Metal SK- and ✴Ex-Sirius✴ like this post

2LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:39 am

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

LifeBar question.  51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

As a screenpack creator, from my personal point of view I like to see the full Mugen HUD in the video because those are the parts that are interesting to me, the design, the look, and the style or mood it adds to the battle.
Also I like to observe other peoples designs to see what does work and what does not work well for creation and layout on the screen.

But despite this, I agree that there there are multiple ways to create entertaining Mugen videos and using both Lifebar based fights, and NON lifebar fights can be entertaining.
My personal thought about it is, that if the video does not have the Fight.def interface enabled, the fight itself should be not just a regular mugen fight with default effects, but instead it should be more like a flash animation with entertaining story and text during the battle, or even camera editing and other cutscene things so the video feels more like deathbattle, or something that isnt just normal old mugen.

-Metal SK- and Ralaco like this post

3LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:36 am

Ralaco

Ralaco

Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Hype Beast (Silver)
Survivor (Gold)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:As a screenpack creator, from my personal point of view I like to see the full Mugen HUD in the video because those are the parts that are interesting to me, the design, the look, and the style or mood it adds to the battle.
Also I like to observe other peoples designs to see what does work and what does not work well for creation and layout on the screen.

But despite this, I agree that there there are multiple ways to create entertaining Mugen videos and using both Lifebar based fights, and NON lifebar fights can be entertaining.
My personal thought about it is, that if the video does not have the Fight.def interface enabled, the fight itself should be not just a regular mugen fight with default effects, but instead it should be more like a flash animation with entertaining story and text during the battle, or even camera editing and other cutscene things so the video feels more like deathbattle, or something that isnt just normal old mugen.

I've been experimenting recently with doing the no life bar fights and I thought they brought a different level of immersion and frankly thought it was the only way to go forward. I appreciate this insight from a creators pov really shows how much more I need to think about my fights before I display them.

-Metal SK- likes this post

4LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:04 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

LifeBar question.  52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Lifebars all the way for me man!
When it comes to mugen videos on yourube, there are literally 100s uploaded every week !
And let's be honest, most of them are total rubbish lol.
Ronald vs KFC, and 1000 KOF videos of the same stuff over and over.
Then the same old same old POTs mugen fights.

TO be a successful mugentuber you need to have videos people will watch over and over.
Its easy to make a video with 300 views, but to hit over 2k on a video you either need massive fanbase, or extremely unique content nobody else has seen or has to be original and unique!

The true trick of success is having original content, thats why I guess many come to us to have lifebar commissions and stage commissions etc because they want one off unique syuff made to make their mugen special and eye catching idk lol.
But yeah, either you have to have extremely unique chars, or extremely unique lifebars to have awesome videos in my opinion.
Or a good story and good matchup.The more attractve the onscreen content the better

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
LifeBar question.  39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o

-Metal SK- and Ralaco like this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

5LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:14 am

Ralaco

Ralaco

Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Hype Beast (Silver)
Survivor (Gold)

Phant0mD wrote:Lifebars all the way for me man!
When it comes to mugen videos on yourube, there are literally 100s uploaded every week !
And let's be honest, most of them are total rubbish lol.
Ronald vs KFC, and 1000 KOF videos of the same stuff over and over.
Then the same old same old POTs mugen fights.

TO be a successful mugentuber you need to have videos people will watch over and over.
Its easy to make a video with 300 views, but to hit over 2k on a video you either need massive fanbase, or extremely unique content nobody else has seen or has to be original and unique!

The true trick of success is having original content, thats why I guess many come to us to have lifebar commissions and stage commissions etc because they want one off unique syuff made to make their mugen special and eye catching idk lol.
But yeah, either you have to have extremely unique chars, or extremely unique lifebars to have awesome videos in my opinion.
Or a good story and good matchup.The more attractve the onscreen content the better

That's something to think about. I appreciate your feedback.

6LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:59 am

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

LifeBar question.  49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Thats a really good question of discussion that I never think about actually...
But maybe I think it is because I'm used to always seeing lifebars in a mugen video and not really without it.

So I guess, my feeling is for mugen fights the lifebar is best because you can see the damage.
And also I agree with the PgantomD and the others that it needs to be a really cool looking special lifebar, like these kinds on the video and pictures. I get bored of the legacy screenpack and add004 ones and some we always see the youtubers use same ones but these designs reall make the video amazing to watch

https://www.newagemugen.com/t3006-mugen-1-1-720p-ultra-zoom-stage-paradise-island-2-by-phantom-gs-negative-edge

But There is a cool type of fight like mugen without lifebar using the flash animation, but you cant really make it as cool as this in a normal mugen fights:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
LifeBar question.  5a600110_800x600

SuperWhiskey and Ralaco like this post

7LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:54 pm

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

LifeBar question.  49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

I like to see the lifebars its a fighting game of course otherwise you have no idea whats going on, but there are some screenpacks I have grown very tired of seeing overused in videos.
Also I prefer the powerbars on the bottom of the screen for 2D games and at the top for 3D games if thats any help.

LifeBar question.  FXzcO3r

Ralaco likes this post

8LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:48 pm

Ralaco

Ralaco

Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Hype Beast (Silver)
Survivor (Gold)

SuperWhiskey wrote:I like to see the lifebars its a fighting game of course otherwise you have no idea whats going on, but there are some screenpacks I have grown very tired of seeing overused in videos.
Also I prefer the powerbars on the bottom of the screen for 2D games and at the top for 3D games if thats any help.

That actually does help, I want to hear others' opinions on the matter. Personally, I think it really depends on the fight. If enough immersive effects are happening on the screen at the same time, I think it allows you to see more of what's happening even if it's a standard fight.

9LifeBar question.  Empty Re: LifeBar question. Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:36 am

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

LifeBar question.  52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Custom 1 of a kind Lifebars 100%
Thats what pulls the big views bro.
Get some dope lifebars made like I did lol.

LifeBar question.  KwiHzMC

Ralaco likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum