Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A rather simple stage.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A rather simple stage. Empty A rather simple stage. Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

A rather simple stage. 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

its rather simple. but

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

notice the fighter pilot. lol i dont kno what else to add so if ya can find animation sprites, post them here. i need a couple more animations. ill credit your in the def of the stage.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://newagemugen.forumotion.com/forum.htm

2A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

GodzillaKingofMonste

GodzillaKingofMonste

Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank

This site should have everything ur looking for my friend

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm

MarzDaIndigo

MarzDaIndigo

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WITH THOSE ANIMS AYUMI.

thanks for the site godzilla, I'll be using a whole lot of those.

http://www.soundclick.com/K1ngMarz

4A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ive decided. im using the blue tank anim and the frozen man anim. thx for these godzilla.

5A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:00 pm

MarzDaIndigo

MarzDaIndigo

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

as per ayumi's request @ the chat, I'll be posting a real easy way to make generic photoshop fog for his stage. I hope this catches on because even a simple fog sprite added properly can really add that extra touch to a stage.

I wrote a lot more than I planned, but it's really just a filter process, it'll work good. and if anyone has some tips please tell me, i'll add it when i turn this into a tutorial.

okay:

open up a new document, any size really, as long as it's decently long. (last one I did was 400x100, but it could be longer if you want, really depends on the stage) set the BG color to whatever you want. I kept it transparent since it doesn't matter for now.

make sure that under your tools, where it shows your foreground and bg color, that white is set to the foreground layer and black is set to your background layer.

now hit the filter menu, go to Render> Clouds. there's your simple cloud layer. NOW, hit Render > Difference Clouds, once, and see if that makes it better. Keep on hitting Difference Clouds (using ctrl+F will repeat the last step ) until you're happy with the fog/cloud layer.

This is your basic layer. Now what you have to do is hit the little Fx button in your layers menu. or right click on the layer, and go to blending options.

this only works if you're doing black and white, so do black and white. go down to where it says "Blend if..."
and has two black and white bars. make sure it's set to Gray, now there'll be two sliders on the black and white bars. On the one called "This Layer"(lol obvious), you can hold ALT+click on the slider, and move half the slider forward. move it to the 50-75 percent forward. then take the other one, and move it forward as well. MAKE SURE you keep your eye on your fog layer at this point. this step will fade the black and edges of your cloud/fog layer, and you can thin it out as much as you want, depending on your clouds, move the sliders til you like it.

NOW you're almost done!! if it looks fine then it's cool. you're done and can move on to codes for it. otherwise, you can always add a blur filter to make it look neat and clean.

set a bg color, one similar to your stage, and then index it and save as pcx.

come up with your own deltas for it so it matches with your stage, then add

trans = add/addalpha, and velocity. for example, here is a sample code:
[BG BackGround Fog]
type = normal
spriteno = 10, 1
delta = .5,.5
mask = 1
velocity = .5, 0
tile = 1, 0
trans = add

6A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:24 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Thx momo! I knew yu wouldn't let me down. Now to put this to work. I'll show progress tomorrow.

7A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 am

MarzDaIndigo

MarzDaIndigo

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

THERE is something i missed though. the last step. you need to add transparent gradient layers to your fog to make it blend into your stage better...otherwise you'll just have blotchy boxes everywhere over your stage, and not fog.

this is a decent way to do it, but if you're feeling lazy you can find photoshop brushes that are made to make fog, such as these:

GOOD LUCK BRO!

8A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

can any of you guys make anims of the plane flying around use the custom plane, the pilot, and the blades? cuz i tried making them, but they didnt turn out good.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] again, ill credit you in the def file.

9A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

i seem to be having problems.

im trying to set the bounds for the stage, but for some reason the transparency doesnt kick in when i pick the stage.

Code:

[BG Trees]
type  = normal
spriteno = 0, 0
start = 0, 75
delta = 1, 1
mask  = 1

;----------
[BG 1]
type  = normal
spriteno = 1, 0
start = 0, 75
delta = .7, .7
mask = 1
i think ive coded it right, any suggestions?

10A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 pm

MarzDaIndigo

MarzDaIndigo

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

probably your zero color isn't set right.

and the backest sprite should be set to mask = 0, the BG is supposed to be a full 256 sprite with no masking.

11A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 pm

GodzillaKingofMonste

GodzillaKingofMonste

Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

YAY I AM CREDIT TO TEAM!!!! :D

12A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

now heres the basic layout of the stage. its playable. id consider this the alpha. enjoy. If ya can find suitable bg music for this stage put the link here.

13A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Susano-o

Susano-o

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

ok guys. im stuck. im thinking about making the tank move via bg controls, because just usin the anim by itself with velocity just looks weird. whats yur opinion.? :notamused:

14A rather simple stage. Empty Re: A rather simple stage. Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:51 pm

MarzDaIndigo

MarzDaIndigo

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

looks great!

bgcontrols are supposed to be easy to use but I've never really worked with them, if you get how they work, GO FOR IT!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum