Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting Background Images[solved]

+2
NAMTron
GamerG
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Getting Background Images[solved] Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:06 am

GamerG

GamerG

Getting Background Images[solved] 42463946061_c82f3ae03a_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

I'm really liking the Guilty Gear Strive stages. How would I be able to get the the stage background as like a wallpaper image? Without the characters in the way and zoomed out a bit to get the stage. Similar to how FightingZone captured this and many other game stages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9cXqeDMAU

2Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:12 pm

NAMTron

NAMTron

Getting Background Images[solved] RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

hi gamerG.
you posted this in the general discussion section.
for help requests please use the help requests section.
i have moved it to the help section for you

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Getting Background Images[solved] 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

3Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:47 pm

GamerG

GamerG

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Oh thanks  Getting Background Images[solved] 1f60b

4Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:38 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Getting Background Images[solved] 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but i just made that video you showed fullscreen and took a screenshot and it seemed to work fine as a usable wallpaper image?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Getting Background Images[solved] 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

5Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:32 am

GamerG

GamerG

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but i just made that video you showed fullscreen and took a screenshot and it seemed to work fine as a usable wallpaper image?

I'm looking to make wallpaper images out of Guilty Gear Strive stages. I'm stomped on how to do it. Looked for hours over google and nothing...

6Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:36 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Getting Background Images[solved] 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Getting Background Images[solved] XuzIR6s

worked for me. I assume something like this is what your after?
I could make it even larger like 2160p if needed but this is a quick example.

Getting Background Images[solved] 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

7Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:23 am

GamerG

GamerG

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:
worked for me. I assume something like this is what your after?
I could make it even larger like 2160p if needed but this is a quick example.

Thanks for helping. Let's see, i'm trying to do what Gazira did with Guilty Gear Strive stages. Here's the thread: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/guilty-gear-strive-193788.0.html

I don't know how he got the stage images from the game. Can't find info on it either. My head hurts from looking around so much.

8Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:53 am

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Getting Background Images[solved] 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

GamerG wrote:
I don't know how he got the stage images from the game. Can't find info on it either. My head hurts from looking around so much.

It is possible these kind of specialty techniques, usually coder and image artist will not share online, because it is often specialty service they offer as commission rather than let the public know the method for free.

GamerG wrote:I'm looking to make wallpaper images out of Guilty Gear Strive stages. I'm stomped on how to do it. Looked for hours over google and nothing...

If you are want to make wallpapers, is there certain size of image and certain stage you want the wallpaper of.
Also if you donot find the answer, it is a service you would consider the commission for.

The Cosmic frog will get you!
Getting Background Images[solved] JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff Here

Phant0mD likes this post

9Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:36 pm

GamerG

GamerG

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Filthy Fredo wrote:
GamerG wrote:

It is possible these kind of specialty techniques, usually coder and image artist will not share online, because it is often specialty service they offer as commission rather than let the public know the method for free.

GamerG wrote:I'm looking to make wallpaper images out of Guilty Gear Strive stages. I'm stomped on how to do it. Looked for hours over google and nothing...

If you are want to make wallpapers, is there certain size of image and certain stage you want the wallpaper of.
Also if you donot find the answer, it is a service you would consider the commission for.

Thanks for the info. That's understandable why it's not available to the public. I wanted Wallpapers so I could learn how to make mugen stages. A still image with no animations is a good start. From what i've read so far, all I need is photoshop or gimp and get comfortable with fighter factory through tutorials.

A commission is a good choice, but I know I can't afford it unfortunately.

10Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Getting Background Images[solved] 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Depending on how many images you were after, and from what games, and what stages specifically, it may not be as expensive as you think!
To get say, 20 or so images may not cost more than 2xDouble Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meals, or 10% of your monthly internet bill haha.

Since you wouldnt be commissioning an actual stage because you are trying to learn yourself, you are just extracting high quality images as wallpapers to use as source material for your work.
If in the distant future this was something you were ever interested in pursuing, we can definitely help out with that for sure (just throwing that out there ;)) ole!

Getting Background Images[solved] 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

11Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:23 am

GamerG

GamerG

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Phant0mD wrote:Depending on how many images you were after, and from what games, and what stages specifically, it may not be as expensive as you think!
To get say, 20 or so images may not cost more than 2xDouble Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meals, or 10% of your monthly internet bill haha.

Since you wouldnt be commissioning an actual stage because you are trying to learn yourself, you are just extracting high quality images as wallpapers to use as source material for your work.
If in the distant future this was something you were ever interested in pursuing, we can definitely help out with that for sure (just throwing that out there ;)) ole!  

Hmm, got my mental wheels turning. That's a great offer to think about. Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

12Getting Background Images[solved] Empty Re: Getting Background Images[solved] Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:36 pm

Balelynx

Balelynx

Getting Background Images[solved] 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

I'm also interested in the process behind this.
I imagine there is either an in-game way to remove characters and HUD from the screen and record,
Or you need to use some ripping/mod tool to toggle visibility of those things.
Otherwise there is probably some cumbersome process using meshes and textures which need to be extracted and rebuilt using extracted code, like in unity or other 3D game editing programs right?
I have seen people do this with Smash bros and other games and it looks complicated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum