Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Channel / Futaba Channel / ASCII Character MEGA Collection

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

2 Channel / Futaba Channel / ASCII Character MEGA Collection 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll be honest... I don't really know what to say. This isn't exactly one of those threads where you can comment on the creations, as they vary from creator to creator, some good, some bad, some... well... some are just there. But I will say this, I have been collecting and archiving as many of these characters as I could get my hands on, and truth be told, most of them are pretty good. Without a doubt, definitely check out ones by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (unfortunately their URL cannot be recovered, even through wayback machine), as those are pretty much the best examples of what a good 2ch character is. The rest well... they vary.

Here are some of the characters by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gikoneko, Uraler, Pororo, and Youkanman

Here are some of the characters by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (the password to all their characters is just "sakura")
Horaizon, Onigirimona, Romanesque, and AHYA

Here are some characters by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tsu and Puggy

Here are two of the most OP/broken/cheap characters by Apaleo
Manny and Scene

And here is some iconic character from 2chan overall
Zonu

I can probably say, with... about 80% certainty, that 2chan is the site where all this ASCII stuff originated from. I could be wrong, but yeah.

These are some of the examples of 2ch/ASCII styled characters that have been created for MUGEN, and a bunch of them are genuinely really good, and if you make or find a screenpack that suits them and their art style, a pretty solid full-game could easily be made out of this collection.

One thing to note about all of these characters, is that all of the really good ones, tend to have a moveset based on other characters. For example, most of them have attacks similar to Orochi/Mizuchi, Rugal, Ryu/Ken/Akuma, Iori, Kyo, and a few others. But all and all, they're all quite fascinating as characters to say the least.

I also included the entire collection of AA Out Break characters (by Donkou), mostly because the majority of these characters are from 2ch/Futaba/ASCII, but in a different art style.

Additionally, some of these characters have also been made for the Nijikaku full-game, but you can find that elsewhere.

You can download everything [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by jo19sh92 on Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:45 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : added more links to people's websites)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All that matters anymore in my life... are cats... and MUGEN.
https://mugenfreeforall.com/profile/22726-jo19sh92/

Oxocube

Oxocube

2 Channel / Futaba Channel / ASCII Character MEGA Collection 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

oh god lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum