Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4

+5
Demitri
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
Vermilion Spy
Swagga Kings
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

It more than cool, this is some beautiful craftsmanship going on folks. Keep up the hard work, keep it rocking.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wow I didn't get to see this until now, to be honest i'll have to agree it really don't look like it would be for Ds vs Sf but I understand you had be in alot of work on this screen pack lately maybe I should'v showed you another possibility for a vs screen, that's if you'll to see for a example??

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:It more than cool, this is some beautiful craftsmanship going on folks. Keep up the hard work, keep it rocking.

Thanks man!

Swagga Kings wrote:'ll have to agree it really don't look like it would be for Ds vs Sf but I understand you had be in alot of work on this screen pack lately

Its no problem man - just remember - We can make it look however u want it to look.

Like I said before, the advanced fx stuff is easy - its only the timings/positioning of stuff that takes time.

Also, read my notes I made on the other page about the versus screen and portraits etc and let me know if you agree/disagree.

I just put some default HD graphics here to replace the bad low res gfx u had so we can get the HD Beta playable for you sooner.
Because after this, we need to do the turns mode lifebars, the winner screen, the continue screen, and the main menu screen again in HD.

But Send me some examples of what you are going for in the style and we can work on it.
After we complete the first beta build, we will update the versus screen with they style you want, and also update the round 1 2 3 announcers to the custom style u want aswell.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ahhhh ok cool cool, well imma show you a slide show video I did of the versus screen of Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter maybe you can make the vs look like this in the video. Yea I saw that you said something about you doing the portraits and the character sprites, hmm that's gonna be more work there to be honest I guess its to fix the screenpack better.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Swagga Kings wrote:Yea I saw that you said something about you doing the portraits and the character sprites, hmm that's gonna be more work there to be honest I guess its to fix the screenpack better.

Haha not exactly - what i meant was, in the future, when you added the fighters edge, and the stalkers edge,
and you have finished updating all of your characters,  you may want to update them all to mugen 1.1 sprites so you can use HD png portraits like in the NOZ Legacy screenpack etc.

It's maybe something for you to think about in the distant future - to really make your game look good.
But i wouldn't worry for now coz there is no point editing portraits until you have finished all your character roster to the final version.
But it isnt hard to do - you just have to resave them in fighter factory as mugen 1.1 sprites and add the palettes - really easy but leave it till after your game is complete to think about. Thumbs Up

Swagga Kings wrote:Ahhhh ok cool cool, well imma show you a slide show video I did of the versus screen of Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter maybe you can make the vs look like this in the video.

Ahh I see, well that looks quite easy to do.
I will have a few questions about this when I redesign it for you.
As time is moving on and I really want to get a playable BETA to you, would you rather me remake the versus screen now?
or leave the current one there for the Beta release, and carry on with the other menu screens and turns lifebars etc?

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ohh ok I undertstand we'll think about that, umm yes I rather you remake the versus screen it would look really cool in that kind of design and bring more of appeal to the game

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

You could actually get away with the ports as most of those characters have art. Also apologizes in advance, but I'm not much of a cheerleader, we've already seen what you can do. You doing that revamped intro was proof of that. From what OP is saying I'd say a retro vibe is definitely the way to go. Nothing is wrong with your designs, they just tend to be really cyberpunk-esc. All I'd suggest would be adding something retro to maintain some kinda callback to past titles. Like if you could recreate this with your resources, or combine it with some SF aesthetic. Maybe not this one specifically, but I'm just dropping ideas.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Swagga Kings wrote:Ohh ok I undertstand we'll think about that, umm yes I rather you remake the versus screen it would look really cool in that kind of design and bring more of appeal to the game

No worries my man - like i said before, don't pay too much attention to the flashy gfx -I just put some quick flashy GFX there to replace the low res ones, so they are atleast better than what you had in the low res MFJ SP edit that Milt JR did for you.
The gfx stuff is easy to make and change how u want - it is the repositioning and coding of everything on the menu screens so it works correct in HD SP that takes the time. Once the positioning and stuff is all correct, we can swap out the graphics to anything easy peasy Thumbs Up

Our important first goal, is to update the old LOW RES SP menu screens so the game is playable for you in BETA form first - then we can perfect it.

7ven wrote:You could actually get away with the ports as most of those characters have art.

The character art is not the issue so much, it is that the original SP swagga kings was using, was only 320x240, and then 640x480.
Now, this fullgame, is using a custom HD resolution of 1280x960 4:3 HD.
So what that means, is that the low res portrait art on all the menu screens for the chars, is all low res when it should be HD. We are using 0.7 and 0.67 point.scaling as the workaround but it is severely pixelated. But it is a future thing to look into when swagga finalizes his roster which he still changing. The desired result would be something similar to what you saw in some of Hungry wolfs portrait concept art he sent you.

7ven wrote:From what OP is saying I'd say a retro vibe is definitely the way to go. Nothing is wrong with your designs, they just tend to be really cyberpunk-esc.

For sure my man. I think retro is the way to go too.
like I was saying to swagga kingz but its kinda hard to explain lol sometimes i think i don't explain it clearly but:

Don't pay too much mind to those flashy fx screens and stuff so much - those generic HD gfx are just placeholders for the beta.
Almost EVERYTHING is going to change in the future builds - the menu - the lifebars, almost everything until its perfect like a real retro Capcom style.
The GFX stuff is easy - we can make it look like capcom actually made the game in the 90s very easily.
The time consuming stuff, is converting everything to the new localcoord space of 1280x960.
positioning/coding of gfx & animation sequences, and timings for transitions on menu screens etc.

Also the same applies for the lifebars.
Because we are literally rebuilding from scratch, all the old 640x480 stuff needs to be remade/recoded to fit on screen properly.

The first goal we have, is to convert 640x480 1.0 screenpack, into a 1280x960 HD 1.1 SP - Once we have a first ruff playable BETA with no screens missing etc, we can perfect it all in the retro style how swagga wants. But i like your ideas - we will def make it retro Thumbs Up

Spoiler:

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Take your time with this. I may use some assets if you don’t. They have their own idea of what a full game is. I’ll also be doing the Darkstalkers cast, but my way. Friendly competition. I’m going to blow this out of the water so make it look as tight as you can hehe trolling.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Actually....funny enough you say that...

To be honest I haven't asked Swagga anything about who's coding the chars for this..hmm...

From what I have tested in the alpha build though, its mostly existing POTS chars and a few POTs spritefx edited chars etc...nothing like your stuff obviously.

Hmm...well that sounds interesting if you will also do a Darkstalkers roster in the future. Very cool!

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Well, naturally no disrespect, but it’s a pots compilation. Someone pays Varo hades to edit them. Not knocking him as SK is trying his best to make it unique with his fighters edge thing. Well I have a lot of plans, I’m doing a Darkstalkers Vs Streetfighter, but it’s like a video series. I’m a lil bit more hardcore about these things. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] < For example. Maybe it can give them some ideas, you never know. Over time anything can improve, with a tight Screenpack it’ll definitely make things look official.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes I have Varo Hades coding the pots chars for me, for the project right now I have a darkstalkers character that's almost done and I will be doing a live stream of'em once it's done. As for what I read about making it look like if capcom did it the game like if it was done in the 90's I like that idea cause it would make the game look official witch is what I wanted to begin with and it would also make people more hype about the game so i say lets go for that Thumbs Up

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hey man I had some time today to spare & I really wanted to get that vs screen for the Beta finished.

- Fixed the VS portrait display screen
- Added VS Name fonts
- Added the VS symbol animation
- Fixed position of names when using team mode vs
- Added third final transition before round starts (with retro screenshots like your slideshow)

Next thing will be to fix the turns mode lifebars

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wow sweet man it looks nice, this is coming out great man :D,

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

When the beta drops, I'm going to be very picky. Just kidding, looking very top notch. Do the versus ports have a layer over them. Would be cool to hear vs in a computer female voice. Just food for thought, also have a outro with the vs screen before the match. Like a breaking animation, or a ink out sf4. Digital breaking from left to right, of the screen contents. Sf4, ink like they use from the game. Keep it rocking.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:Do the versus ports have a layer over them.
Yes they do baby!

GRAYFOX wrote:Would be cool to hear vs in a computer female voice.
guess what...even better! We have the female cyber voice saying "Get Ready!"

GRAYFOX wrote:Just food for thought, also have a outro with the vs screen before the match.
We do! the last screen showing the logo you see above, slams in over the 2nd vs transition screen. What nobody can tell from the screenshot...is that the last screen is also animated Twisted Evil Dat behind

GRAYFOX wrote:Like a breaking animation, or a ink out sf4. Digital breaking from left to right, of the screen contents. Sf4, ink like they use from the game. Keep it rocking.
I'd love to do that buuuut:
Swagga Kings wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
As for what I read about making it look like capcom did the game as if it was done in the 90's,
I like that idea cause it would make the game look official, which is what I wanted to begin with, and it would also make people more hyped about the game, so i say lets go for that  Thumbs Up  

So as you can see, We cant add anything too flashy like our usual club syn tech cyber tech stuff because Swagga Kings wants it to stay retro as if it was an arcade game made by capcom in the 90s. But we will still do everything within those boundaries to still stay flashy Cheesin

Next I will finish the Simul/Tag mode portraits

Mordecool

Mordecool

Survivor (Platinum)

Congrats Swagga!
I love how the project is going and the progress in the screenpack is incredible, I have my own ideas for the same but I think you do not need it anymore lol headbang

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks man and when this first beta is done I will be streaming it witch you already know so stay tuned :D

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Sounds like a plan.

Mordecool

Mordecool

Survivor (Platinum)

@Swagga Kings

incredible, I look forward to the final result. As always, take your time!

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Look forward to seeing, this beta release.

ARIKAFGC

ARIKAFGC

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 5 29630307338_927318ed53_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

You guys really made the project looks amazing so polished and clean keep it up I'll see what I can do to promote this project

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Me too I'm waiting for this project. Good continuation.^^

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Akira make a discord. Need to explore multiple avenues if you want to promote. Also, I saw your video, I told you about this place damn, no credit LOL

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Man...I was home today 4 first time sincelast post lol. Had literally 3 spare hours today to do some mugen shit n wanted to get sum turns mode lifebar shots up for this project - here is the first concept parts showing health/damage/empty

Red bars are for damage. Black will be for empty hp

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum