Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not just a rant, but also a theory

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Not just a rant, but also a theory Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Alchemist of Atlas

Alchemist of Atlas

Not just a rant, but also a theory 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

You see, I'm not exactly a person to rant that much, and I'm not sure if this would suffice considering I'm from the southern neighbors, but there's similarities since the network I'd like to talk about has lost my faith somehow. Anyways, ever since I was a child, my favorite cable channel was Cartoon Network (and I suppose from a couple of people here too). I loved the channel because of what it offered, but ever since making their changes after their 10th anniversary here well, things started to go downhill. With the elimination of Toonami from Latin America in 2007 (adding to the fact LA's Adult Swim was very sarcastic and kind of pejorative around anime), well, CN started to derail (for those who don't care for anime, well, that's a different story). However, that's not my actual problem (though admittedly, still miss Toonami).

In the main branch, they were having this stupid idea of adding (awful) Live Action shows in a channel who has the CARTOON word on its name (lets be honest. Live Action shows are NOT CN's, or rather, Turner's strongest point). I was getting worried for that, and sadly, CNLA suffered the same fate, adding Live Action shows on its channel, but I feel it was worse here than in the States. The schedule is a chaos, they're showing stuff that shouldn't even show, nor over exploit *looks at Ben 10* It has reached the point, for the first time in late 2011, I stopped watching CN because I couldn't take the horrible changes it suffered anymore.

I can understand people of my age or even younger are no longer their "target audience", but looks easy for them to forget that people was who gave them ratings and the reputation they managed to tear (I'm looking at you, Stuart Snyder, Pablo Zuccarino and Koch). Worse is, and a few of you might know, CNLA allied themselves with Televisa to release a blatant ripoff of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. I'm a bit of sour with TV right now.

Anyways, besides this rant, I also have a theory, that I hope it becomes a reality. Since 2012, Toonami was back at USA, and while Live Actions still exist (according to some friends who live in the states), they're no longer advertised and are barely shown. Mostly as an act to try to recover the audience. I have the feeling Latin America's branch is around 3 years delayed from what its changing in the main branch. Would it this be true? I hope so. Because the anime boom in Latin America has come back kind of strong lately, by showing OVAS and all that.

All I ask to CN isn't even they return anime (though admittedly, I'd appreciate that either), but at least return some of the shows that made them glorious and the "best place for cartoons".

Sorry if this rant was kind of long, but needed to let that go off from my chest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Not just a rant, but also a theory 9CgtYaa

Can you see the cherry blossom petals fall?
https://www.youtube.com/user/necro336336

2Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Re: Not just a rant, but also a theory Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Don't worry about your rants. Big or small, you can vent it out here.

3Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Re: Not just a rant, but also a theory Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Eh just seems like some poor decisions that didn't end up doing so hot, I really don't think they'll attempt the live action idea again since it was received so poorly. I remember my experience with cartoons in Mexico was crap as there was barely any kids programming, it was pretty mediocre watching TV for me. I had Direct TV thanks to my mom but when she left my aunts blocked CN from me. Shame.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Not just a rant, but also a theory NqQZXFk

4Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Re: Not just a rant, but also a theory Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Dissidia

Dissidia

★★Thousand Dragon★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Eh, I've stopped watching TV altogether after the mediocrity CN and Nickelodeon has become, though I still watch them on streams out of curiosity. This generation is shifting to a different era and so are the content of cartoons. It no longer has the same feeling as it did in the 1990s.

http://sites.google.com/site/dissidiamugen/

5Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Re: Not just a rant, but also a theory Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Alchemist of Atlas

Alchemist of Atlas

Death Note (Wood)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Dissidia wrote:Eh, I've stopped watching TV altogether after the mediocrity CN and Nickelodeon has become, though I still watch them on streams out of curiosity. This generation is shifting to a different era and so are the content of cartoons. It no longer has the same feeling as it did in the 1990s.

Sadly, that's true. Only things I know from CN are from what I read on the news, since... well... Stopped watching it as I said.

Nick has also fall into mediocrity, and honestly, I really dislike the "teen era". Although from the looks of it, the "teen era" in TV is losing strength quickly (shows not even enduring a season or two).

Pretty much what I watch nowadays are wrestling and football.

6Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Re: Not just a rant, but also a theory Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)

We had this channel called animax where they showed decent anime. I mean, it was the only thing I could watch on tv here since most of the channels are hindi shit which I can't even understand (because I'm Bengali) and movie channels which show awful movies everyday.

Then out of nowhere they canceled the channel and it has been gone for like 2 years now. Jesus, I can't even watch TV these days.

Not just a rant, but also a theory KcsHGvO
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

7Not just a rant, but also a theory Empty Re: Not just a rant, but also a theory Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:15 am

Alchemist of Atlas

Alchemist of Atlas

Death Note (Wood)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Watta wrote:We had this channel called animax where they showed decent anime. I mean, it was the only thing I could watch on tv here since most of the channels are hindi shit which I can't even understand (because I'm Bengali) and movie channels which show awful movies everyday.

Then out of nowhere they canceled the channel and it has been gone for like 2 years now. Jesus, I can't even watch TV these days.

Animax...

I miss that channel. Sony as an entertainment company outside videogames are god awful. Here, the so called 24/7 anime channel was turned into... "teen" channel.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum