Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?)

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 am

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank

Thanks man, and that's only with one platform too. As soon as I figure out how to add multiple platforms in, then the game really changes lol. It's hilarious when you're watching a fight on that stage and someone dies from the water explosion. XD

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
-[Все слова это только слова.]-
http://mugencoder.com

27NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Dude, good luck with this. I'm so gonna get a copy.

28NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 am

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Thanks! I was joking around with some people, saying I need an intern lol.

Sweet, glad to hear it. See the problem with this is that as I get better at ... anything let's just say ... I end up wanting to fix the crap I made in the past, which is exactly what's happening now. Knowing that I could do so much better, it really sets things back, but I think it's worth it. I promised that I wouldn't half-ass this thing. XD

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

29NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

That's what I like about you, Alexei. You're not lazy at all. I wish to be like you in the future.

Hey, if ever I make a character in the future, could you teach me?What a Face 

30NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:28 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

MP wrote:That's what I like about you, Alexei. You're not lazy at all. I wish to be like you in the future.
Hey, if ever I make a character in the future, could you teach me?What a Face 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :P Thanks for saying so. Ironically, I think I'm really lazy XD.
Well, teaching is not my strong suit. I have issues with patience lol. I've tried teaching Laharl and boy was that a mistake. I could try though. We'll see. :P

31NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Lol. TEACH US ALL ALEXEI Cheesin 

Yoyoyoyoyo that stage looks mighty fine Dat behind

I like the added contrast there. I got an idea, but have you tried adding a velocity to those clouds in the back and tiling them? It could make the stage look less static and source accurate What a Face

http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

32NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:16 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Lol, maaaaaan, I got mah own shit to do. Can't be wasting spending my time teaching all you mofos. XD

Thanks! I haven't tried it yet. See, I added all these rain effects and whatnot. Take a look:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I tried uploading to YouTube, but the quality was horrible, which makes no sense because the original is fine. :\ In any case, note that the lighting flashes and bolts have been offset (one layer in the back sky and one in the front, over the characters) by different times in the real stage. I didn't want to do that in AE though lol.

33NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Latest Developments:

Uchiha Hideout Final:

Forest Final:

Up next is going to be the Training Field. Here is the new version, post-color-correction:

34NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey Alexei, if I made that other stage we were planning with hi-res sprites, do you know if there's anyway to convert it to the spriting form you wanted to keep?

Training stage looks interesting yo, it needs some birds or signs of life IMO

35NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Yeah, I think it could use that too. That picture is without any planned effects yet. Simply the color correction. I wish I could post a before and after, but I don't have the original preview anymore.

My only request really is that the characters match the stage. In terms of converting it, I think it would have to be made that way from the start.

36NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hmmmm. Well, what I can do is implement sprites from both hi-res and low res at this point while trying to keep them matched with the characters. I know some sources with some really good grass.

Sorry for the wait so far, but I'll get on this as soon as school eases up on me lol

37NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:54 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Lol, I hear ya. There's no rush though.

38NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:57 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Update on Training Field:

I've added a bird that stands idle, preens himself, and looks around. After some time he'll fly forward and off the screen. Some time after that, he flies back onto the screen from the left and lands back on the branch. The sun shines rays over the center of the stage because the huge trees are blocking it out. There are clouds in the sky that move slowly over the sun. Because of this natural phenomenon, I'm trying to simulate realism by having the rays broken up randomly.

Now a question: I really don't like those blue mountains. Any advice?

39NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

- You could recolor those blue mountains to brown. You could also use mountains from other games like Street Fighter Zero.
- That blue bird looks too OP. Maybe you could replace it with Deidara's Exploding clay bird/Itachi's crows, mainly because it can act out as an Easter egg? That, and the fact that there's no shadow under it makes it look OP.

40NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 am

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

- I didn't want to use graphics from other games. (Even though the bird is clearly from a different game. XD) Street Fighter might be a bit too main stream for my test. People would be able to point it out, right? Yeah, I initially colored them brown and it didn't look right. I don't want to put anything really Hi-res in there either. It's all about matching up. :)

- Oh man, just after I got my Background Controllers perfectly in place and working for that damn bird. Itachi's crows and Deidara's clay birds don't have any animation. This bird has about 5 animations that look really awesome in place. What do you mean by OP? The colors are too bright? They were originally rainbow colors, lol. I'm not sure how I could have a shadow with him sitting on that branch like that. He's high up in the tree too. He wouldn't have a heavy shadow either because the primary light source is being blocked out behind the huge trees.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

41NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:31 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I think he means that the blue is kinda odd, your BGCtrls sounds cool yo (and like a lot of work lol).

looking good yo, I like them rays idea too Cheesin

42NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:34 am

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Ah ok. What color do you think I should make it? White-ish? I tried two color bases at first and it just didn't look right. Yeah, I did some hacker shit to make that work they way I wanted lol. I swear, mugen CNS is the least elegant code I've ever worked with. XD

Yeah, it felt right with the rays. XD

43NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Lmao @ hacker shit Cheesin

I would try something that stands out, but doesn't stand out Cannot Unsee 
White sounds good :)

44NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 am

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Lol, yeah man. I had to make layers for the bird. One acts as the idle animation, and one acts as dummy that is used to seamlessly switch to the flying animation and control its specific movements. ie. Hacker shit. XD

Alright, white it is. I'll try to vary the shades a bit too.... when I get home.
Spoiler:

45NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:47 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I hate not having one Cannot Unsee

Sounds good yo.

46NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

kenshinx0 wrote:- I didn't want to use graphics from other games. (Even though the bird is clearly from a different game. XD) Street Fighter might be a bit too main stream for my test. People would be able to point it out, right? Yeah, I initially colored them brown and it didn't look right. I don't want to put anything really Hi-res in there either. It's all about matching up. :)
I thought so. Oh well, the Mountain BG from SFA2 Venezuela might work out but I guess we'll need to find another one. Ever thought of spriting new mountains?

kenshinx0 wrote:- Oh man, just after I got my Background Controllers perfectly in place and working for that damn bird. Itachi's crows and Deidara's clay birds don't have any animation. This bird has about 5 animations that look really awesome in place. What do you mean by OP? The colors are too bright? They were originally rainbow colors, lol. I'm not sure how I could have a shadow with him sitting on that branch like that. He's high up in the tree too. He wouldn't have a heavy shadow either because the primary light source is being blocked out behind the huge trees.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
The bird looks too OP not because it's colored in blue, but because it lacks contrast compared to the stage's sprites (Look at the tree's colors. It looks crisp.) As for the bird's shadow, maybe a circle on the tree branch?

47NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:45 pm

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Update:

Replaced the mountains with better looking ones and changed the bird's color to white-ish gray.

I thought so. Oh well, the Mountain BG from SFA2 Venezuela might work out but I guess we'll need to find another one. Ever thought of spriting new mountains?
These new mountains are from a non-SF game. I've tried to sprite in the past and I'm just no good at it. I lack patience in that area lol.

The bird looks too OP not because it's colored in blue, but because it lacks contrast compared to the stage's sprites (Look at the tree's colors. It looks crisp.) As for the bird's shadow, maybe a circle on the tree branch?
I'll see what I can do about that shadow for the bird. In the mean time, how are the colors now?

48NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:39 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Perfect!

49NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 am

kenshinx0

kenshinx0

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)

Sweet! Last thing I gotta fix is the Background Controllers. Getting the timing perfect is going to be a bitch, lol.

50NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) - Page 2 Empty Re: NZCR Stages (Revamps of the revamp?) Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Good luck, man. This is going to be a great stage. :ILU: