Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 am

SXvector

SXvector

Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) 49283851498_0631820187_o
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

I had to finish the other twin. I just HAD to. You need the complete set for the muugenz. Well... back on point, I'll make Claudette and 1.0, same system as Chartette. The main difference between each other is speed and comboability. Claudette is intensively weaker than Chartette but her combos make up for it.

Sprite: (To make pals and/if someone can make template for me)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BIG BODY PORT JUST BECAUSE:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will greatly appreciate more pals for her to be made. However.. I'll take a 1 day break before I work on her. And.. kudos!

TBH, still waiting for those Fuuka Taisen sprites...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 am

HankVenture

HankVenture

Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) GlDVwFc
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

I tried opening the file in multiple photo editing programs. All of them could not parse the file. So after a little bit of thinking I remembered I had this problem ages ago with some files that someone else sent me. It seems you took a jpeg and changed the extension via rename file. Also, the fact you uploaded a jpeg is kind of a deal too. Jpeg is really bad on compression and quality. The best format to use (taking uploading to the internet so others can modify into consideration) is PNG 8-bit. Not only will it save the 256 color table it will keep everything the way it was. So no random fuzz and specks and shifted colors.

Below I did a quick and dirty side by side to show you what I'm talking about. On the image on the left I adjusted the levels to show how artifacted and how bad the color bleed is from the character onto the background. Plus the background its self is artifacting even with nothing but solid black applied. On the right is just to show how fuzzy and artifacted the image is in general. I did a resize of 800% and used the nearest neighbor method when resizing to avoid any additional color bleed, loss, aliasing and so on.

In the state the image is in now nobody will be able to make any .act files for the character. Anyway, you can either use .png 8-bit or you can use .pcx from fighter factory and anyone here should be able to make pallets for you no problem. Hope this helps out.

-Hank

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:50 am

Demitri

Demitri

Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) RjBqV68
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

I'll go out on a limb and say tinypic changed it to jpeg for whatever reason, or Vec upped the wrong file.

4Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:12 am

HankVenture

HankVenture

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

As far as I know, from past experience anyway, tinypic does not change your image format. I used to use it for renders which of course had to be .png. I can try testing it and see if that is the culprit, but I'm fairly certain it isn't though. Either way, all of that aside, the real moral of the story here is that jpeg is just deplorable.

5Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

In that case, I guess it isn't tinypic. Wonder what program Vec used...ah well.

6Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:19 am

HankVenture

HankVenture

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Was just giving pointers in case he needed them. Man, dat artifacting.

7Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yeah, jpeg artifacts make me shudder Nervous

8Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Dissidia

Dissidia

★★Thousand Dragon★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hah! I knew Claudette was going to be created sooner or later. Good luck SX.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://sites.google.com/site/dissidiamugen/

9Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm

SXvector

SXvector

Rank Hunter (Bronze)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Save the extension as .png, it should fix that problem! Trust me, tinypic acts weird but it works fine if you change the extension to .png. @Diss thanks!

I have uploaded the file instead, since tinypic acts wonky.

10Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Empty Re: Wonderful World - Claudette WIP(1.0) Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:36 am

SXvector

SXvector

Rank Hunter (Bronze)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Update Vid:
More progress on Claudette:
Required Stuff Done
Movement Velocities
Game Mechanics(Fatal Switch, Moment Attack.. etc)

What's needed to be coded:
Rest of the attacks. Enjoy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum