Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was the last movie you watched? With a short review.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

G

G

What was the last movie you watched? With a short review. OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

Last movies I watched were:

X-Men First Class
The Hangover Part 2
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
Get Him To The Greek
Malibus Most Wanted

X-Men First Class:

It was very well put together. Despite all the hate people had for the idea of the movie I decided to put that behind me and watch it, I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10.

The Hangover Part 2:

Not as good as the first one, but ridiculous all the same. 7/10.

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid:

More the kind of movie you would watch with your family, and it's a little brother type movie. I thought it was a family fun sort of film, especially all the little ones enjoyed it. 6/10.

Get him To The Greek:

Only better to me, considering all the Forgetting Sarah Marshall references and me actually getting them due to the fact that I watched it before this. 9/10.

Malibus Most Wanted:

I had some laughs, but all stupidity laughs. It's like watching Napolean Dynamite, you can't help but laugh but t's still the dumbest movie you've ever seen. 4/10.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What was the last movie you watched? With a short review. XqZWtLC
https://www.newagemugen.com/

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World:

I've been wanting to watch this for a while now. Not expecting it to be so great. But I can't really give a professional review on it, considering I never really saw the original thing that this movie was based on. Either way, I liked it. 7/10.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Crows Zero 1 & 2

A friend of mine streamed these two Japanese films and tbh I wasn't expecting much until I actually watched them both.

Zero 1: A young senior known as Genji, transfers to the most dangerous high school to do what nobody could, conquer it, during his climb to the top, he meets a low level clumsy yakuza member who at first wanted revenge after his crew gets taken out by Genji, but later becomes a friend and sort of a mentor, teaching him how to be a leader. Lots of fighting and drama, and some comedy relief. it was very entertaining.

Zero 2: Shortly after Genji Defeats A rival faction leader, He's considered to have conquered all, but the rival faction leader and his crew still remain at odds with him, however, it all changes when Genji mistakenly breaks a pact with a rival school after attacking some of their members that leads to an all out war. Even better than zero 1, as it tells multiple stories and even more action.

- The only thing that bothered me a bit was some of the corny music that plays sometimes in the wrong scenes. Not an error but some of the music just didn't match with the flow on parts of the movies.

Overall, these were great flicks because it hardly had any use of weapons(only yakuza scenes used guns)
While the schools revolved around good old fashion fist fighting.
Both these flicks are based off the Mangas Crows Zero and WORST, which I will be reading soon.

Not gonna spoil much, just in case anyone is interested in watching them, both are Japanase films which I watched with English subs..since I watch Anime with Subs, in wasn't a problem with me.

Both 8/10.

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Huge le-bump because I can.

Safety Not Guaranteed:

Not a bad movie. Solely based on the fact that it was created off of an actual news clip made it more interesting. I was hooked through most of the movie, I didn't care for the ending though. 8/10.

The Sitter:

I enjoyed it a lot, though it's really weird to see Jonah Hill be fat in anything anymore lol. It was a bit overdoing it with the poor humor sometimes, but for the most part I had a lot of laughs. 9/10.

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

A bittersweet Life, Korean Gangster film.

An enforcer for a Mob boss is tasked to keep an eye out for the Boss's girlfriend who he suspects is having an affair, the enforcer is instructed to either call his boss or kill the woman and her lover if he catches her on the act, When he does, he chooses to spare their lives and attempts to cover it all up which initiates his path of demise. I loved this movie, it wasn't only because it was a gangster flick but it's more about psychological dilemma, throughout the film, the enforcer comes to realize how lonely he was while he sets out to get payback from his former boss. I assumed at first that it was going to have a lot of romance, but it only had a pinch which was all it needed to start the shit storm the enforcer goes through. Great Score, the opening sequence was pretty fucken cool.

9/10

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum