Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War

+4
Phant0mD
Vermilion Spy
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
Swagga Kings
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War Svc-pi15

[/center]

Hey everyone what's sup how ya'll doing today.

To let everyone in on what I've been working on lately I have came up with a new idea for a side project called Street Fighter vs Capcom Generation, the idea about this project is basically street fighter characters going up against the Capcom characters - not just all Capcom characters fighting them self.

I figured this would be a great idea for a project so I decided to go along with it.
Lately I have been working on two characters for it and what the gameplay would be like, so far the characters I've been working on from the street fighter side is Rolento and Charlie for right now.

I haven't decide yet on who I'm gonna add to the roster especially on the Capcom side but I may have an idea on who I might put in the game in the near future and i'll be sure to update you guys here on who's gonna be in the game and so on.

before I go to inform ya'll the fighting system would be using pots style but there would no dodging, running, small jump, charging meter, rolling back and forward, or custom combo system, only parrying, ex moves and recovery strictly like that to give the game a different feel to it, so that would be it for now - I'm currently still working and going over some things as I'm also working on my Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter project,

i'll up load a image that I made of the title to show you guys I hope ya'll like it until then i'll talk to ya'll later peace out and ya'll have a nice day :D

Last edited by Swagga Kings on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Interesting concept, however I have some constructive feedback that may be of interest:

I think "street fighter vs capcom" is the worst possible name that could be used. My reasons for that are:

- capcom IS streetfighter already - its like calling the game capcom vs capcom.

- As an example, three of the most unsuccessful capcom fighting games ever made(one which was cancelled) were Capcom fighting jam, capcom all-stars, and super gem fighter/pocket fighter. These were all capcom vs games with "street fighter characters vs other capcom characters".

- Its very common now days to have cross over characters from same franchise in games nowadays, and pretty much every POTs mugen compilation already has sf characters and non-sf characters in it.

- Now even in 2018, alot of SF characters are already from other capcom franchises - final fight = cody/abgail/sodom/guy/Hugo/poison/rolento.
These characters all appeared in Street Fighter cross tekken games so they are considered SF characters not capcom characters. So its weird to say sf vs capcom when they are already sf characters from alpha series onwards and such.

As far as mugen capcom characters that aren't Street Fighter, you only really have captain commando, strider, megaman, and the marvel vs series characters and a few red earth/darkstalkers characters, and if you use those, your game is almost just another Capcom fighting Jam. Which is ok, just I dont think "SF vs Capcom" really makes any sense as a name in this case.

I would suggest any of the following:

- Capcom Battle Colliseum
- Capcom Brawl
- Capcom Fighters Generation
- Capcom Clash
- Capcom Multiverse
- Capcom Tag Tournament (If the game will have tag feature)
- Capcom Chaos
- Street Fighter Chaos
- Street Fighter X
- Street Fighter Destiny
- Street Fighter Gaiden (Gaiden means side story)

Or something original like that. In my opinion that would be a more attractive title and it would get more attention and respect from rest of community like this. Also I think someone already made a very bad capcom vs sf game in brazil or something years and years ago

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War P21sO8E

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I appreciate your feedback I really do but at the end of the day it is my project and my idea whether people are with it or not I don't really care,if anything i'll just do it for me or who ever would be interested or what ever I'm just being honest that's all.

As what you said that it would be wired to have an title called sf vs capcom you might as well say the same thing about Darkstalkers vs street fighter why because that's also capcom characters going up against them self's and that doesn't seem like a problem so why not have something like sf vs capcom.

Also as you mention about the suggestions of the followings titles, I don't want to keep recycling the same theme of just Capcom this and capcom that, there are to much capcom mugen projects we have out there already and I'm not gonna follow that order that's why i like to be different and do my own thing.

Like for example we have so many capcom vs snk projects in the community that's why I wont do an capcom vs snk mugen because people done them already so why would I wont to make an capcom vs snk project for, right.

But don't get me wrong I understand your opinion honestly, I'm still gonna continue on with my idea whether people are interested or not, and it shouldn't be about the title it's more about how the gameplay that's why I'm talking my time on getting things with the characters so yea but thanks for your opinion thought man.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Swagga Kings wrote:As what you said that it would be wired to have an title called sf vs capcom you might as well say the same thing about Darkstalkers vs street fighter why because that's also capcom characters going up against them self's and that doesn't seem like a problem so why not have something like sf vs capcom.

hmm........The way i see it, is like this:

Resident Evil / Mega Man / Street Fighter / Devil May Cry / Monster Hunter / Strider / warzard / Darkstalkers etc are "Capcom Franchises"

There's nothing confusing, or unusual about a crossovers like "Resident Evil Vs Street Fighter" or "Darkstalkers vs street fighter" or even "Monster Hunter x Dino Crisis" or something like that. That's because they are 2 clearly separate franchises and universes.

But I think once you start using the word "Capcom", you cant really use VS "another capcom franchise" in the sentence because it sounds weird and doesnt make sense. I guess that's what is the problem. Since SF characters are already capcom characters.

I like the idea of a Capcom Battle Coliseum though - that makes more sense. But I guess we will wait to see how your project pans out to see what the end result is - it will be interesting

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yes exactly, I'm just trying to avoid using Capcom as the first word of the title cause like I said before there are so many projects out there that starts off with that and I don't wanna follow up on it so that's why I gave it that name, so yea we'll just have to see how the game turns I'm definitely with that.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Wassup man! I'm late to the party but just caught your vid. Look forawrd to seeing what you come up with!

Yeah, well about the name. I can see the point some people probably making - I think Darkstalkers vs street fighter is ok as a name.

because Street Fighter is a franchise, and Darkstalkers is a franchise.
Street Fighter is a seperate universe, and Darkstalkers is a separate universe.

But Capcom isnt a franchise - Capcom is the umbrella term that covers ALL capcom characters, so SF vs Capcom kinda is weird - but at the end of the day, this is mugen so it dont matter too much lol theyre arent any rules.

Well I will look forward to seeing some gameplay etc and roster info

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yeah exactly, I know the name is wired I just didn't want to use Capcom as my first tile that's all so that's why I named it that. Umm I would put out some gameplay for people to see I just need a beta screenpack from you guys cause ya'll can make some screenpacks for real lol, right now I'm just gathering the characters that i might put in the game and fixing them, also I'm working Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter too so yea. But if you can make a quick beta screenpack for this project that would be great :D.

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

What resolution is your new game gona be? Is it gona be like Darkstalkers vs SF or is it gona be HD like Legacy Screenpack?

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Most likely how Darkstalkes vs Street Fighter resolution is.

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

I reckon you should go for widescreen - what stages will it have? Existing or original?

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yea widescreen would be best, as for stages I'm gonna have some brand new stages made for this game.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Who's gonna make the stages? Will this Fullgame be using zoom and tag?

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I know someone that can make the stages for this game, um actually no I don't want the zoom in and out effect i don't really care for that, as for a tag system most likely yea

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hmm...Well we eagerly await to see some gameplay footage of the mechanics etc. keep up the good work.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Of course once phantom D and the rest can make a beta screenpack for the game I'll bring out so gameplay once I get most things done with some characters

NAMTron

NAMTron

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

I'm just going to suggest something based on my past experiences with fullgame projects:

Normally it is better to show the gameplay, the mechanics, and characters just using the default mugen screenpack or an existing one BEFORE designing and building a beta screenpack.

Otherwise you can sometimes be blinded by the flashiness of the cosmetics and not actually see the gameplay for what it really is.

I would maybe do this first, then depending on what your gameplay looks like, the screenpack and lifebars etc can be designed based on the style of the gameplay.

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

You know your absolutely right I didn't think about it that way, I can just use a default mugen for the time being just to show off some gameplay cause honestly I do want to show something at least.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Gonna bring out some gameplay real soon, stay tune

[WIP]Street Fighter vs Capcom Shadowloo's War Thumbn10

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey everyone how ya'll doing I will be posting up a gameplay video that me and my friend Shadow fox140 did today of Street Fighter vs Capcom Generations M.U.G.E.N. Before I share it with ya'll I decided on what mechanic the game will be using. The game will be using momentary combos from street fighter EX 3 where your able to cancel and special move into another special move as well as street fighter Alpha 3 alpha counters. Here is the gameplay footage hope you guys like and enjoy there will be more content soon and oh there are somethings that still needs fixing in this video and will be taking care of peace out :).

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Here is another gameplay video showing more progress of Street Fighter vs Capcom Generations M.U.G.E.N W.I.P with me Swagga Kings and Shadow_Fox140

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hmm...Interesting.

Hey, I have some more ideas for you.
You mentioned you didn't like the idea of "capcom" being used too much in the titles like everyone else right.

Well, heres an idea i bet NOBODY thought of - how about just remove capcom altogether?

How about something like:

CXZone Extreme
CXTournament
CX Uncanny
CX Chaos
SF Hybrid
CX Multicross Generations
SF Astral Edition (like your darkstalkers logo coz its cool)
SF Unlimited
Street Fighter Uncanny Edition
SF Zone X
Street Fighter Gaiden (means side story in jap)
Street Fighter Musou (like the koei sengoku musou gameswith crazy battles XD)
Street Fighter Slash
Street Fighter Alpha 5
Street Fighter Multicross
Project X Taisen (Taisen =
Project X tournament

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I appreciated you giving me some idea's for a title name I really do, honestly I already made up my mind and decided to stick with the title, plus people seem to like it so but I really thanks for trying to help out just keeping it real :)

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Another gameplay video with more progress of Street Fighter vs Capcom Generation M.U.G.E.N with me Swagga Kings and my homie Shadow Fox 140.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

More gameplay of Street Fighter vs Capcom Generation M.U.G.E.N working in progress

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

More game gameplay footage of Street Fighter vs Capcom Generation M.U.G.E.N working in progress

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum