Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Commissions [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Wed May 30, 2018 4:37 pm

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

This is the Capcom x SNK Project thread.

Last edited by 7ven on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu May 31, 2018 1:16 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Hey Man! Battousai from discord? - I'm guessing so lol.
Whats good man? The project is looking good btw, these things take time and patience to work well.
Well, where to start lol?
What exactly, & specifically is it that you are looking to do with your project next my man?

7ven wrote:Right now I just need help with Screenpack stuff.
I don't really have anything in mind other than making it a mix of past games or something unique that goes with the title.

If its screenpack stuff - well your in the right place 4 sure!

I think that this is a key point that you mentioned - the unique title of your game/project, plus the logo, the look, the layout and the extended title name ie "match of the millenium/orochi saga/the blade saga/the next chapter" etc etc will all play key parts in the design the art/look colors scheme etc.

I think maybe the first step would be for us to come up with the official logo art/design and game title perhaps? what do you think?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

3Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu May 31, 2018 7:55 am

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Funny thing is.. I still haven't done all those basic parts, I always told myself I'd go back to it, but I always get distracted when I want to try something new.

It's been the hardest part, so I've just progressing with everything else, but its time to finally solidify things.

I'm interested in something more like CVS than CVS2. Especially bored of all the yellow.
Something like this

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Capcom_vs_snk_3_by_octobomb-dbyyqj7

or

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/capcom-vs-snk-hd-remix-1-1-164941.0.html

That blue tile background, I love it, but I'm open to opinions. ^ This SP also has this sick screen transition.
I don't want to associate with "3" The "X" and no 3 separates this from any of those other fan projects as well as any expectations that this is supposed to be a sequel or anything like that.

I like to have my creative freedom and not limit myself to what people think would/should be in 3, I'll leave that to the professionals.
Ultra Capcom x Snk.. jk No ultimate LOL I know that, hella overused. I do eventually plan to do a story for this as well.
Orochi is in the picture, Gill, Jedah, Pyron, Setsuna, Kagami all the big wigs of each series etc etc.
Idk if I still want to do the Orochi Gill thing, or try to edit Asura's sprites to look more like the cvs2 ending.

I think the logo should really emphasize the "X" Also I've been trying to think of a way to redesign the bars, but still keep that cvs feel as they are made after them. Of course, I'm keeping the life-bar ports.

4Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Ahh, I see I see. By the blue background you like that you mentioned, I assume you refer to this pic

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread 23wr5p1

Hmm..this is all good conversation.

While we are on the topic of other alternate CVS game projects etc, may I ask, are you familiar with a very old Capcom Vs SNK fullgame by rednavi called CVSW2.4/2.8?

This was a highly underrated/ahead of its time cvs fullgame - considering it had a custom tag system coded into it, an interactive story mode with dialogue at certain rounds, survival mode with rewards/interactive elements like poison, bombs, armor/health prizes and bonus rounds etc.

All back pre 2009 mugen era when we were still on winmugen plus - but I digress.
I only mention it because I liked the effect/style and futuristic cyberpunk tech aesthetic which was, and still is fresh, even looking back now.
I just thought i'd bring that project up to see what your thoughts are on the design etc.

I have a bucket-load of ideas, thoughts and suggestions, but what I normally like to do when working on a new project with someone is jump a little into their world first and get a feel of things - I am going to go through your channel for a bit and watch some of your older videos and their progression up until now, as well as some older CVSNK related dead projects and things of that nature to see what worked/didnt work etc etc.

Also there are a few things on some older KOF game & other SNK game logos that I have an image of in my head which will be fitting to what we are trying to achieve that I am going to go back and look at.
Also, I have some great ideas name-wise for the little after-slogan part that is original, not yet done by anyone else, and can tie this in possibly without restricting the scope of your game/project.
I shall be back tonight/tomorrow!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu May 31, 2018 11:08 am

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Yes I meant that background & inside it he made like a gate opening with a cvs logo on it. Yup & much like you I have done my research. Well its how I was able to get this far by myself. The cvsw has too much green. Very Neon. Neon seems to be popular here I see huh ha. Was never crazy about it. It felt kinda random. Design wise.. I just want something that represents the cross over of all of these series. Doesn't have to be exactly like it, but at least have that retro vibe. Unlike the actual CVS games. This is more than SF Vs. KOF. I'm not as hardcore about the official CVS games as what the brand itself represents. Marco from Metal Slug, Metal Slug being comparable to KOF in popularity imo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxrJ1hugAso It's all about revival to me. All these dead franchises etc. Which is why I put more priority on less popular series first. For sure, I look forward to seeing it. Also as I was saying in that other topic. If you could do something similar to the Capcom/Snk Logos for the start screen, that would be dope.

6Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hey man! Nice to see you around actively! Gonna be checking on regularly; I may attempt to finish that CS Lucky Glauber template you gave me for later.

7Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:14 am

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Well this is really a temporary thing. As far as that, don’t worry about it, it was to help you learn, I have no need for it. Do it only if you want to.

8Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:42 am

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

So.. Let me know within the next few days LOL

9Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:36 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Sup man. been away on sum bidness plus didn't have mugen times in the weekend but i just read all ya stuff now. FYI I have been watching your channel alot and I have watched most of your videos and listened to the videos where u talking about your project etc - I didnt realise exactly much about what you trying to do/achieve until now but I see where u at now. I can see u quite into the whole Capcom SNK universe fan stuff and all the last blade and fatal fury story lines and all that stuff quite hardcore which is cool lol, so anyways here's some feedback

7ven wrote:Yes I meant that background & inside it he made like a gate opening with a cvs logo on it.

Gotcha

7ven wrote:The cvsw has too much green. Very Neon. Neon seems to be popular here I see huh ha. Was never crazy about it. It felt kinda random. Design wise..

Gotcha. Thats cool. Diff strokes 4 diff folks. Just need to know what style you're going for. Yes well the Neon style is prominent here because all us old pre 2008 era mugen dogs here were either PhantomGs, Club Syndicate, or members of both and that has always been our signature styles. But don't dwell on that too much - we can make it look however u want - we've made shit tons of toned down graphics/SPs/lifebars & layouts etc for other peoples projects to various styles, so at the end of the day as long as you have a specific reference from an existing game or something that we can draw from as far as the look, we got a starting point

7ven wrote:I just want something that represents the cross over of all of these series. Doesn't have to be exactly like it, but at least have that retro vibe.
For sure - maybe if you could post some images/ shots of your favorite logos or lyouts from various retro games like ROTD/ Last Blade/ Matrimelee, KOF series etc etc so I know exactly what kinda look you are into, that would help.

7ven wrote:Unlike the actual CVS games This is more than SF Vs. KOF. I'm not as hardcore about the official CVS games as what the brand itself represents.
I gotcha - well that's good because it makes the design etc more flexible because we aren't committed to trying to emulate a sequel nd can basically have an original look etc.

7ven wrote:If you could do something similar to the Capcom/Snk Logos for the start screen, that would be dope.
Yeah that shits easy - A capcom logo aswell as an snk playmore/neogeo logo though I'm assuming?

10Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:41 am

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Yes.. Too much time into it. I showed you most of my ideas. One thing I can say is about the select. It must be 4 man rows so that I can utilize the infinite scrolling. I have too many characters to fit and it'd look cramped, also really selling the team aspect.  

HW whom was helping me before, all I have are some of his old concepts.

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Ly5xJ3k

This was after we learned that animated ports were possible, ideally, I'd like to go this route as I cannot make ports myself.
[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread PloFm98

I see the screens as it would be cool to have a stage select visual, but as I told you, not crazy about the yellow tiles anymore.
[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread BOC9X39

I'm asking for a lot as I'm asking for something original with some retro callbacks. Of course the classic scrolling text with all the game names.

Yes the Logo. Just the usual stuff to make it look official, the new-age tag etc etc
I don't have my own logooooo damn that would've been tight as well. Oh, also the homie AkiraFGC.

11Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Ahh yes wolf is da big homie. I think he did pretty well with these actually. I like his style - we all have a very similar aesthetic with our stuff but I see what you mean regarding the yellow etc. Very cvs2ish which is a bit too canon to the vs series - u want a diff look.

Interesting point you just brought up which i totally overlooked - and that is that you actually arent using mugen at all lol. I forgot or moreso didnt even consider that yur game is all ikemen.
I havent used ikemen at all other than once on a recent build for another dude i was helping with stages and it was extremely buggy and didnt display images and stuff correctly or advanced anim parameters but i digress.

But since You use add004, anything i build in adobe suite i would be importing straight on top of a mugen 1.1 add004 hd build sooo....you may have to find a sum1 who knows how to then import that into ikemen etc.
I would say thats a very important point to think about. Until ikemen becomes completely backwards compatible with mugen 1.1 i have no intention of trying to fiddle with it but im sure most sp stuff should work...

Um yeah well logos are a piece of cake. We will start there. I know all i need to know bout ur thang now so time to get greasy

12Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:15 pm

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

Don't worry about the Ikemen thing, do it as you would for mugen and I will just import it.

13Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

oh thats awesome 2 hear man. Workin with u gona be a good thang. Ok well one more important question for you - what is the native resolution for screenpack etc for the game? Are you using 1280x720 or 1920x1080?

14Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 pm

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

I'm using 720p.

15Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Gotcha. Also random Q but regarding your roster, currently "roughly" how many char slots are you using ie 40, 60, 80 etc

16Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 am

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

I have done over a hundred characters already. Doesn’t mean I’ll use them all. The easiest way for me to explain.. hmm however many characters I decide to do from Snk has to match Capcom. There are more sprites for SNK characters so I’d have to do SF-SF3 just to keep it even, then there are the DarkStalkers, Hayato’s Jin’s Strider etc. All the main characters from each of the KOF sagas, ngbc stuff man I just impulsively like to challenge myself. The more I learn, the more I am able to make something from nothing. Right now my potential is looking ultra instinct so I’ll just have to wait and see. Ha. One thing though, I do keep things within that 4 man team. So I’m order to do a character I have to have a space for them. So doing Batsu, that means automatically I’ll have to fill the other 3 slots & so forth.

17Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

HUNGRY WOLF

HUNGRY WOLF

Death Note (Wood)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hey Rei! Welcome to NAM! I should have more time to work on a concept, I know I said I would send you the other concepts I made, sorry about that I just moved last week back to my previous place so I should have more time after I settle back into my place, no more commuting so that means more time for Photoshop and Mugen and my other hobbies.

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread DdaKL5K

18Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

hey mang! Wats guud? All tha old NAM Gs been poppin up alot lately here agen afta bein MIA lol good ta see ya round agen son!

Yeah well i see u already had a few stabs at dis one above - could use an extra pair of hands atm too lol since im workin on 4 other screenpacks/stages etc atm 4 peeps haha. Those concepts of yours were dope az alwayz son. I was actually gonna ask you about how that 4x4 team slot scrolling works above in da concept u made.

19Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:49 am

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wolf sup man, now this has really gotten even more lite. Wish you fellas well, on something very cool. pirate

[WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

20Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Despite looking the same Lilith is actually very different from Morrigan gameplay wise.
https://youtu.be/je2GSSWE5B8
Don't worry about how big your roster size is. Roster size was a selling point on marvel2.
Also this is just my opinion but id focus on 2s over 4s since the 2 biggest appeals to this as told to me by people who see this and are used to sf4/5, fighterz etc is that CXS has tag match with smooth, dynamic assist options and character specific team up supers.
Regardless this is still 13/10

21Commissions Re: [WIP]Capcom x SNK Thread Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

2Dee4ever

2Dee4ever

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)

You misunderstand me when I say same character. They are the same being. See the Chris video, three characters in one. Idk what 2s or 4s is.

Well I'll just be waiting to see those concepts then.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum