Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MUGEN runs too slowly for me

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MUGEN runs too slowly for me Empty MUGEN runs too slowly for me Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:10 pm

LATER HERO

LATER HERO

MUGEN runs too slowly for me 42463946061_c82f3ae03a_o
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank

Hi people! Firstly I should to mention my computer is considered a Potato PC and that's the truth! (Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz 4GB RAM...) So yeah, I suffer episodes of lag sometimes, that's natural, however I have realized that happens to me when I run either WinMUGEN Plus or MUGEN 1.0 When I run MUGEN 1.1 on my PC the lag that occurs with the same chars running on WinMUGEN or MUGEN 1.0 is not present or is considerably lower. Yes, MUGEN 1.1 runs for me with an acceptable speed. The question would be why occurs that?

The only defference I can see is that MUGEN uses video renderer OpenGL instead of WinMUGEN and MUGEN 1.0 that use System renderer. My favorite version of MUGEN is MUGEN 1.0 so unfortunately runs with lag for me.

If I bought a better PC this could run WinMUGEN and MUGEN 1.0 with best performance? (hypothetically speaking).

2MUGEN runs too slowly for me Empty Re: MUGEN runs too slowly for me Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:30 am

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

MUGEN runs too slowly for me 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

I can answer this real simple for you.
Firstly in 2023 the only mugen version you need is mugen 1.1.
Second, the only type of PC you should be using for mugen in 2023 should have been manufactured in the last 10 years at the latest, so, a 2013 computer is the bottom line.
third, mugen runs fastest when it is on a SSD instead of an HDD.
And fourth, but this relates to the 2nd point about hardware, mugen 1.1 uses GPU vRam to render. So again, your video card should not be older  than 10 years at the worst case scenario.
Just buy a cheap pc with an nvidia video card made after 2013. GTX780 is from 2013 and has 3GB of vram so anything older than that is a waste of time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MUGEN runs too slowly for me KwiHzMC

3MUGEN runs too slowly for me Empty Re: MUGEN runs too slowly for me Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:44 am

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

MUGEN runs too slowly for me 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

^^My brother gave me his old laptop to use for gaming and mugen. it was bought in 2015 winter so its not too bad. It can play most computer games on steam that i like ok with good HD graphics.
So you should maybe look for a computer that is like Cancerman says, made after 2013 but is built for gaming, to really enjoy mugen^^

4MUGEN runs too slowly for me Empty Re: MUGEN runs too slowly for me Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:27 am

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

MUGEN runs too slowly for me 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Seriously dude, not attacking you but i hear so often people on the web complain about mugen lagging and they seem surprised when they find out their computer is from the age of russian potatoes.
if your computer cant run Street Fighter 4 PC version from 2009 in 1080p then its not good enough for mugen. Thats a good way to look at it. Your PC should atleast be as good as a PS3 from 2006 to enjoy mugen properly

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MUGEN runs too slowly for me FXzcO3r

5MUGEN runs too slowly for me Empty Re: MUGEN runs too slowly for me Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:24 pm

oscarlin814

MUGEN runs too slowly for me 2GPpdMR
Newsboy (Stone)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

LATER HERO wrote:Hi people! Firstly I should to mention my computer is considered a Potato PC and that's the truth! (Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz   1.10 GHz 4GB RAM...) So yeah, I suffer episodes of lag sometimes, that's natural, however I have realized that happens to me when I run either WinMUGEN Plus or MUGEN 1.0 When I run MUGEN 1.1 on my PC the lag that occurs with the same chars running on WinMUGEN or MUGEN 1.0 is not present or is considerably lower. Yes, MUGEN 1.1 runs for me with an acceptable speed. The question would be why occurs that?

The only defference I can see is that MUGEN uses video renderer OpenGL instead of WinMUGEN and MUGEN 1.0 that use System renderer. My favorite version of MUGEN is MUGEN 1.0 so unfortunately runs with lag for me.

If I bought a better PC this could run WinMUGEN and MUGEN 1.0 with best performance? (hypothetically speaking).

Okay, there's a couple of things to consider here.

Firstly, OpenGL usually makes MUGEN slower in exchange for allowing you to resize your window and making unindexed sprites not be invisible. Are you sure OpenGL is making MUGEN run faster? It really should be doing the opposite from my experience.

Secondly, how potato are we talking about? Usually a character who lags your MUGEN will use a lot, and I mean A LOT of helpers. A normal character like KOFM characters, for example, wouldn't lag your computer at all (or at least shouldn't). A character like, oh I don't know, Code Crashed Killer, on the other hand, might be a bit of a problem.

It really just depends on your PC. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 with AMD Ryzen 5 and 16GB RAM and I don't have lag whatsoever, regardless of what character I use. My old laptop was like, a $250-300 laptop and it was running MUGEN relatively smoothly until I got to the crazy stuff.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum