Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Logo Design/ SCreenpack reusable resource Template For CreepyTarantino/Ex-Sirius Screenpack project

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Logo Design/ SCreenpack reusable resource Template For CreepyTarantino/Ex-Sirius Screenpack project 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

This will be the official conceptualization and progress threadt for the Custom Logo design project for Creepytarantino & EXSirus's Screenpack Project.

I will be using these original notes by ma boi CT as reference for the project analysis:

Logo design preferences details:

OK so to start off, most importantly, is the Name:
creepytarantino wrote:So I’m not against changing the name since I initially had a different name that was more original. It was originally “infinite dream battle” and had the suffix ex instead of remix. Here is the original version of the logo. Which I’m not against making more fancy tbh. This was just something my buddy threw together and I liked it

With any project, or full game, the name of the Game/screenpack/product is always the starting point in my experience.
And when it is for original, paid work especially, it is even MORE important because it is an opportunity for the Patreon to express his individuality, and taste, and have something special and unique to him that is ONLY for him and not a copy and paste of something everyone or anyone else has.

And considering you are about to invest, and have already invested in the past in original content, it would be a waste to not do this the right way and get the most out of it to come up with something really unique to you and your SP.

Now looking at your existing SP, and at your other variant logo, I see that

- at the moment its called MULTIVERSE vs Capcom.
- Secondly, I see the recurring theme in the sample logos you showed, is INFINITE, and DREAM BATTLE, and REMIX/EX

All of this is obviously to emphasize the fact that the game is a battle royale omniverse/multiverse type game with a premium or EX/REMIX type element to it, to emphasize it is a superior, or remake/deluxe edition release game.

Now since there are already so many other projects with the same/similar names,

and also Multiverse has been almost done to death in screen pack names in recent years.
So from this, my take away is that our final name must incorporate an enphasis on the "Ultimate infinite possibility Battle Royale Multiverse EX" element, so a name befitting to this that is also totally original and badass is the goal here

Now as for the design preferences for your logo, I see a few recurring themes here which give me a pretty good idea of what you're into.
All of the show logos, have a few very specific features/style themes"

- Sharp/Abstract/Bold Sci-FI edge themed Font style (right up our alley actually lol)
- Vibrant colors with 2/3 tone gradients
- Embossed/raised 2.5D Text effect look
- Metallic/reflective surface styles and letter textures
- HD Soft lighting/glow edges/effects on lettering
- 4/5 Layer vectors incl backer plate-type vector shapes/symbols incorporated with logo (IE Blazblue/Fighting EX-Layer)
- Separated Outer stroke layers on text with extra embedded effects for extra detail
- "Galaxy theme" implementation
All of the above which are totally fine

And most importantly of the above mentioned, which I see you have mentioned twice, so it means it must be an important theme/style preference to you, is the use of the Galaxy theme in the first logo, and again mentioning of the Galaxy theme in the last MFG logo.
This is good as it gives me a good direction and idea on how to do this to bring it all together.

And also one other thing to keep in mind together with all this, which is you existing lifebar/SP design with its theme.
I see that there is an emphasis on Hexagons and Green and purple in the theme.
And yo have mentioned I saw, adding in Orange somewhere in the mix as those colors to Gel well if you break them up with a neutral color like Metallic grey etc. So the Logo should also represent the current theme also. Meaning that Not using Purple and Green In the Logo Would be counter productive in my humble opinion, or atleast incorporating the Hexagon theme somehow aswell.
Because depending on what you guys do with the screenpack screen transitions from Select to Main menu and so on, you really want to have a logo that BLENDS with the overall aesthetic.

So to re summarize we are looking for a logo that will have:

- The above mentioned style attributes (IE EX-layer metalic/sharp/bold/Background vectors etc etc)
- Inclusion/representation of the existing theme colors (green/purple/Metallic plus potential Orange for accenting)
- A galaxy aesthetic incorporated as either the BG gfx or text effect overlay etc
- Hexagon pattern aesthetic also incorporated
- A name representative of both the style theme above detailed, and everything else discussed

SO with that all said I have some Ideas.
The way I would do it, is have the LARGE text as the main logo, and a footer in small text as a part of the logo similar to the BLAZBLUE system.
EG: BLAZBLUE (big text) Chronophantasma (small text).

- HEXAVERSE-EX
 Infinity Dream Tournament

- SKY KINGS EX
 Astral Warriors Unleashed!

- Nebula FIST EX
 Galaxy Dream Battle

- PROJECT H.I.V.E-EX
 All-star Battle Galaxy!

- ASTRAL HEAT-EX
 Battle Hive Unlimited

- GALAXIA STORM-EX
 Astral HEX-Edition

- EX BATTLE HIVE
 Infinite Battle Opera

- ASTRAL BATTLE OPERA
 Galaxy Of Heroes

- GALAXY WARRIORS-EX
 Neon Battle Hive

- ASTRAL INSTINCT EX
 HEX-Tec Edition

Also I speak and write Japanese/Chinese so I have Japanese Arcadish Name Ideas aswell if they tickle you:

TENKAI-OH EX  
Galaxy Dream Battle

(TENKAI OH This means 天界王- Like hard to put in english but it means similar to king of fighters except more like the universal god of the higher  plane of earth lol like a god of fighting, like your space/galaxy theme) 

SEIUN NO KEN-EX
Astral Dream Battle

(SEIUN NO KEN 星雲の拳 Means Fist Of Nebula or Galaxy Fist lol)

I have thousands more but is any / any combination of these tickle your fancy let me know, or if you would rather stick to one of your original generic names, ALSO let me know lol!
Either waym, atleaast I've shown you the candy store first so you know the possibilities and other options before committing.
I like to take things to the extreme in whatever I make withing the upeer limits of the patreons preferences so I make sure to Shatter all expectations lol.
Anyway once I know this part, and if all te other stuff sounds correct, we can finalise pricing

Last edited by Phant0mD on Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.negative-edge.net

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Ngl your a funny dude I love the subtle shade thrown but still offering up new name choices very nice lol from the description it sounds like we are the same page as far as style. I was wanting the infinity symbol in it but that might not be needed with the name change.

So looking at these choices I’m partial to
Astral heat Ex -galaxy dream battle

Very very close second was nebula fist, to the point I have been going back and forth all day about it but I’m going with astral heat it’s badass

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Logo Design/ SCreenpack reusable resource Template For CreepyTarantino/Ex-Sirius Screenpack project 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hahah then its.decided.
Yes well one thing I know about Japaneze game designers is that they made 100s of millions of dollars in the 90s exporting games mocking the west with purposely cheesy names and stereotypes of the west lol. Like streets of rage made japanese ppl think america was a giant alley way shit hole full of drums on fire and punks with chains and leather pants tryna stab your ass lol.
Any way back to business lol

The infinity symbol can still be incorporated if you really want it.
My reasoning for trying to persuade you otherwise is only due to the fact there currently atleast 3 fullgame WIPs i know of using the same logo infinite symbol idea , 2 of which i believe are recieving ikemen ports already and all three look trash in my opinion.
But leave that with me, either way we will lack sure all you design preferences as per your fav logos are met.

So with that said, in summary the job will basically be:

- Design Logo for ASTRAL HEAT EX- Galaxy Dream Battle
- Use colors/styles/Aesthetics as per discussed/samples
- Influence design of complexity via simplicity (ie fighting ex layer/Blazblue)
-Incorporate infinity symbol if/where possible ( Supply possible Variants)
- Incorporate Galaxy spacial Aesthetic as discussed
- Animate per layer, and supply animated frames as importable png/editable .ae template for exsirius to use in SP as required.
- Supply fully editable/layered PSD and Vectors to ExSirius for use in SP

- Concept & Design: max 3 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]/h
- Layering/building & Texture creation/application max 4 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]/ph
- Import base design to animation suite/animate per layer +export max 2 hours@18/ph
- Formatting/supplying individual reuse templates .png/.AI/PSD/Svg etc max [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]/ph.

So all up youre looking at 10hours @18.00/hr = 180 USD.
But im happy to shave 80 off that and make it a round 100 if you are happy with that.
50% donation on start/ 50% on completion is the general rule round here.
Let me know how you feel about that and if thats all gravy, I can start on this 1st thing Monday ( I have 2 more small tasks for another mugen project to get finished today otherwise i would have started now lol)
Lmk and we can go from there

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GRAYFOX and lunalucard55 like this post

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

True that, I actually loved that in my teens the funky add on names they would add and guilty gear and blazblue made it even more outrageous.

The infinite symbol is not a must by any means it just worked for the previous logo I don't want you to have to try and incorporate it especially with the name change

This all works for me big dawg. I get paid tonight so I will be sending that right over soon as my check hits. I look gorward to see what you whip up

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Sounds good to me man!
CHinese New Year is happening over here where I am so its kinda screwed up my weekend itinerary with the mrs and the events I have to be at with her family lol, meaning I probably will have extra hours up my sleeve before the weekend to get stuck in now so I'll keep my eye out!

UPDATE: The ship has landed brotha, donatio recieved Thumbs Up I'm going to start setting up my canvases etc

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

First half has been sent, lol almost fucked around and sent the whole thing

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Cheers brotha yes can confirm the eagle has landed.
Things are in the works as we speak.
As soon as I have some early conceptualisation ready I'll post some progress shots.
Now back to the mountains and stay tuned

GRAYFOX likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

ALrighty, well after some serious experimentation and about 40 trial and error base fonts, I think I have come up with the Starting point for the base pre-edit lettering

It is a combination of various fonts as a base, but we will be customising it from here and shaping it to suit.
I purposely chose a segmented font with broken gaps within the lettering for a specific reason which will make sense as trhis evolves. Also dont pay too much mind to how it loks now lol its going to not even look like the same words as we progress. But we have our start point

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

And the hype begins!!!! To say I'm excited would be a gross understatement

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

oh we haven't even started warming up yet son, we're still in the gym parking lot...this is the pre-warmup lol.
Now for the second phase, some slight displacement ant individual lettering customization.

I have set up each layer and its associated shapes as individual layers so I have more control over each part of the logo separately ( an handy and useful trick for when I get to the animation part of things for it.

Well that's the start point anyway, we shall resume on Monday with the rest of the madness when I return!
I have an angry wifey throwing shoes at me because I'm meant to be somewhere right now for Chinese New Year celebration crap lol.
The madness shall resume Monday! Stay tuned and have a great weekend!  

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Awesome sauce loving what's going on right now.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Oh we're just getting started lol.
I should have some more progress footage up in a few hours or so

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Early experimental phase - extremely subject to change and/or deletion lol
Currently running through the trial error gauntlet of metallic accents while planning out the coloring and format of the main text

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Further experimentation (still trial and error stages in the design process)
Testing out some different animation codes/themes for the inner text.
Possible implementation method of the hex theme in combination with the galaxy theme on the text.
Also inspired by the Fighting EX Layer Idea of the steel on fire.
Have some other things to try first design-wise till it looks/feels right

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Slight improvement/retweakio on a few thangz.
I had to get the glass reflection levels right aswell as the lighting/shadows so the text want looking to derpy. I'm alot happier with the text shading/lighting now during animation.

Also started experimenting with the whole Purple vs green theme thingee to tie things back in with the Lifebar screenpack theme lol.
The next thing will be how I handle the currently plain hexagons, aswell as additional text items, so more experimenting to go,,,,

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Ngl I’m in awe right now. I remember thinking my original logo was ok but to see this. The name change indeed makes it more mine now! And it’s banging

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Alrightio!
We are back from tha mountains. After much experimentation, trial and error, and lighting/element tests and texture samples, i think I have come to the final version lol

SIDENOTE: If you have a 4k TV or large display you can view this on, you will be able to see maximum detail as the template is native 4k

- It has the Metallic/steel panel aesthetic Of the EX Layer logo style preference
- The flames/sharpness and gradient aspect of the KOF XIII logo style preference
- The color complexity and embossing of the Blazblue logo style preference
- The "EX" Graffiti style font element as per that preference
- The Metal accented text of the "capcom all-stars" logo preference
- The Stars/galaxy text aesthetic style
- Incorporation of the Green/Purple/Hexagon SP aesthetic
- Also if you look carefully on the steel panel there are a "multiverse of characters" hidden subtley on the steel reflection, so we still managed to keep a reference to the multiverse aspect after all lol

And I also managed to still fit in the Japanese translation name "SEIUN KIDEN" (Astral Burning/scorching/blazing legend) lol the same way how Fatal Fury is actually called GAROU DEN (legend of the hungry wolves).

SO all in all, we have all the quintessential elements mentioned infused into this.
Now the next step I have to do is to animate it, and compile the files for exsirius and convert it to .sff for your SP.
Back to work we go lol.

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! This is a step above perfect. You are the fucking man. I can't stop staring at this

Balelynx

Balelynx

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Logo Design/ SCreenpack reusable resource Template For CreepyTarantino/Ex-Sirius Screenpack project 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

DOn't mind me being a peter gazer, but this looks really really cool.
Like a real game that already exists.
I cant wait to see all of this in action

Phant0mD likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Oh Just you wait lads. I have been in the temple meditating for the last 6 hhours on this to add all the fine details, create the audio, and import the frames into mugen.
I even managed to fly to Japan in that time to get voice overs for the game title reading in Japanese english 90s Arcade style accent English just the way we like it lol.
I'm about to record in game footage in mugen and upload a preview so hold on 2 ya buts

GRAYFOX likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

And I present to you lads, the finished product:

- Added OST/Jap Audio Voice announcer
- Added accents to borders to further emphasize multiverse/hexagon theme
- Added Solar flare to further emphasize spacial galaxy astral theme
- added very light purple and green light shades and light flares here and there to relink everything up with the existing aesthetics
- added Arcade machine Credits/press start trademark stuff for the nostalgia/authenticity
- Added typical Fighting game Team Ninja/Konami/namco style sisclaimer text for additional legitness

Well this is basically complete my friend.
I have updated and saved it inside your copy of the SP I used when I made the promo video to showcase you/sirius's stuff.
I have all the PSDs here ready to go so you guys can reuse those resources and styles where needed/if needed in the rest of the SP e.g main screen logo etc.

I will upload the INTRO.sff and def files etc now.
All you will need to do is unzip, and extract the contents into your existing Screenpack folder and it will take care of the rest.
Uploading now.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Logo Design/ SCreenpack reusable resource Template For CreepyTarantino/Ex-Sirius Screenpack project 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

wow this came out really really good!
I've been checking in to see the progress, and I definitely never envisaged things going in this artistic direction!
Nice work [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

You definitely managed to keep the consistency with the theme we have been working on so far.

What's funny about the space/universe theme thing you've incorporated, is that when I made the accents for the Lifebars, I was using a purple glass design which had like a feint stars or particles milky way effect happening in the background.

Now it seems to fit more since you went with the space style theme and galaxy.
Awesome work!
Just let me know when you want to send files and so on so we can proceed with the next part of the project

Phant0mD likes this post

HmmmLawnmower

HmmmLawnmower

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Logo Design/ SCreenpack reusable resource Template For CreepyTarantino/Ex-Sirius Screenpack project 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Wow! This looks amazing! Excited to see this all come together

Knighted Palettus, maximus the 3rd

Phant0mD likes this post

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

This is bananas, this looks legit like an official game!!!! Like if I had the team behind killer instinct 2013 it would look like this. I think I'm in love lol it's perfect. The announcer voice is a fantastic touch

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

I just realized you changed the flame color I was like something is different I know it lol

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum