Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately?

+8
Vegaz_Parrelli
CancerManXIII
DarkZemX
SuperWhiskey
Vermilion Spy
HmmmLawnmower
Filthy Fredo
Shakti♥chu<3
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members

^^ Just a wee observation I have made from the introduction threads and also some other mugen places about my travels^^
I only really got into mugen much later myself but is it just me or are alot of older mugen fans and players that were into Winmugen and stuff from the olden days suddenly coming back into mugen lately?
What are all of your thoughts on it guys? ^^

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)

No it is true.
There is always this thing happens alot and always christmas time the mugen grandpa come back to mugen after 10 years dissappear.
Me and my friend always talk about it discord actually.
Maybe the reason is they want revbisit the childhood or nostalgia time of they life.
Or maybe because christmas holiday and they not have much plan so always want to look back at hobby they never had time to try enjoy.
But i know that after new year they disappear again and back to boring life and pay taxes WeedGrin

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Cosmic frog will get you!
Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff Here

HmmmLawnmower

HmmmLawnmower

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Gold)

Personally, I never really left. I just took a couple steps back. I'm busy as hell these days so I can't spend too much time on this like I did in my 20s.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Knighted Palettus, maximus the 3rd

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

The IKEMEN GO engine may have something to do with the resurgence in Mugen interest, but in general this:

Filthy Fredo wrote:always christmas time the mugen grandpa come back to mugen after 10 years disappear.
But i know that after new year they disappear again

I've also noticed this trend between December-Early February every year.
Age factor and real life responsibilities will prevent alot of older ex-mugen users from engaging with the community like they did when they were 10 years younger.
Not to say that 10 years is always the duration of time before a retired member comes back, but definitely alot from the late 2000s seem to come back around this time for a short stint.

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

HmmmLawnmower wrote:Personally, I never really left. I just took a couple steps back. I'm busy as hell these days so I can't spend too much time on this like I did in my 20s.

Similar as me.
I actually had an account here when it very first started but i was really just a leecher then and didn't know anybody.
Then in the last few years I started seeing mugen videos always show up at random in youtube when im searching , and then i saw the website link on some cool stuff that caught my eye and it reminded me i used to come here alot.
Now days I find that Mugen is much more exciting because there is much more variety in downloads and much more quality stuff compared to before.
im glad i took a large break and came back to a full scene

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? FXzcO3r

DarkZemX likes this post

DarkZemX

DarkZemX

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Survivor (Gold)

SuperWhiskey wrote:
HmmmLawnmower wrote:Personally, I never really left. I just took a couple steps back. I'm busy as hell these days so I can't spend too much time on this like I did in my 20s.

Now days I find that Mugen is much more exciting because there is much more variety in downloads and much more quality stuff compared to before.
im glad i took a large break and came back to a full scene

Yooo Big Facts from both of yall! lol I'm Glad i took a break way back too cause its a giant feast out here in regards to everything mugen lol maybe not so much in Big roster 1.1 Screenpacks though Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 1f615 . But Additional guys I feel like Some people return to mugen cause of the increase in quality as well as finally having better pcs to handle the builds that they actually wanted in the first place. When i talk to a bunch of people who really want to play my build sometimes say they dont have a working/ Strong enough pc in general but will get Mugen once they do. Mugen becomes less stable and annoying depending on your pc Strength. That alone would make me take a break lol

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

well to be fair this topic fits me perfectly had it been a year earlier because i got back into mugen after seeing some Newage stuff on youtube and it pulled me back in.
I was surprised to see how far mugen had come and how popular it was now compared to when i first started and left.

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? KwiHzMC

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:The IKEMEN GO engine may have something to do with the resurgence in Mugen interest, but in general this:

Filthy Fredo wrote:always christmas time the mugen grandpa come back to mugen after 10 years disappear.
But i know that after new year they disappear again

I've also noticed this trend between December-Early February every year.
Age factor and real life responsibilities will prevent alot of older ex-mugen users from engaging with the community like they did when they were 10 years younger.
Not to say that 10 years is always the duration of time before a retired member comes back, but definitely alot from the late 2000s seem to come back around this time for a short stint.

Speaking of 10 years, I just realized I'm coming up on 10 years of contributions. Not counting the years I spent lurking before that.

As far as people returning, we all know mugen is a revolving door.

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:As far as people returning, we all know mugen is a revolving door.

This one sentence sums it up

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:Speaking of 10 years, I just realized I'm coming up on 10 years of contributions. Not counting the years I spent lurking before that.

well we gonna have to anoint that for sure, a decade deep and still standing is quite the hallmark son!

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Phant0mD wrote:
Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:As far as people returning, we all know mugen is a revolving door.

This one sentence sums it up

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:Speaking of 10 years, I just realized I'm coming up on 10 years of contributions.  Not counting the years I spent lurking before that.

well we gonna have to anoint that for sure, a decade deep and still standing is quite the hallmark son!

Thanks. A banner would be nice...

Also congrats to the homie DarkzemX!

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

DarkZemX likes this post

Balelynx

Balelynx

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Heaven's Door (Silver)

I guess im included. Took 5 years off but youtube had other plans for me and pulled me back in.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Well its no copincidence only a month or so after this topic creation, POTS returned to mugen lol!

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

DarkZemX

DarkZemX

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members
Super Soldier (Silver)
Survivor (Gold)

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:
Also congrats to the homie DarkzemX!

Thanks bro! And totally related to the topic, it's nice to contribute to the community after all my time lurking also😄

Showa

Showa

Is it just me, or are many retired old school Mugen players coming back into mugen lately? GlDVwFc
Survivor (Gold)

The thread with pots coming out of retirement is so praise worthy, so many emulating his style for him to come back & update his characters is amazing. Now just waiting for the geese update and that classic ai upgrade

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

personally, I love Mugen and the creativity of it. Sadly I don't always get as much time as I would like to, so i do what I can when I can.
Sometimes I will have long breaks, but I always make sure that I contribute something meaningful from start to finish if I do have a stint at it.
So I guess it goes back to the revolving door that you guys mentioned

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum